A quick extension question please about a serious issue that I have

Hello to everyone,

So yesterday, I applied at Jomtien for the first step of a retirement extension, that is for the initial 3 month extension. I was given a date to go back to immigration on the 5th, which is a Monday,  to get my passport stamped. Unfortunately today, I got a call from the UK and my elderly father who is unwell for some time is having a serious operation on the morning of the 5th  and preferrably I should travel back to the UK a couple of days earlier so I could be by his bedside that day. Are you aware of any circumstances that I could get this stamp from Immigration a couple of days earlier, like on Friday the 2nd so I could travel on the weekend after that ? Many thanks in avance for your replies.

11 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

Hello to everyone,

So yesterday, I applied at Jomtien for the first step of a retirement extension, that is for the initial 3 month extension. I was given a date to go back to immigration on the 5th, which is a Monday,  to get my passport stamped. Unfortunately today, I got a call from the UK and my elderly father who is unwell for some time is having a serious operation on the morning of the 5th  and preferrably I should travel back to the UK a couple of days earlier so I could be by his bedside that day. Are you aware of any circumstances that I could get this stamp from Immigration a couple of days earlier, like on Friday the 2nd so I could travel on the weekend after that ? Many thanks in avance for your replies.

Ask Immigration for a 'correct' answer, not on here.

18 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

Hello to everyone,

Sounds like you have gone for the 90 day non imm O visa, not extension. Maybe an agent can speed up the process for a fee, i doubt immigration will have much sympathy, money talks only

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Ask Immigration for a 'correct' answer, not on here.

I asked if anyone had any similar experience. That is not a question for immigration and that perhaps could save me a trip to Jomtien where it was extremely crowded yesterday. Do you understand the logic behind this ?

14 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

I asked if anyone had any similar experience. That is not a question for immigration and that perhaps could save me a trip to Jomtien where it was extremely crowded yesterday. Do you understand the logic behind this ?

Yes, sorry

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

So yesterday, I applied at Jomtien for the first step of a retirement extension, that is for the initial 3 month extension.

You applied for a non O based on retirement that is now under consideration.

Think you have enough on your plate.

Suggest you forget about the final stamp.

Make your trip home to UK. 

Return to Thailand and enter visa exempt.

Start step 1 again. Apply for the non 0 retirement.

You have the bank account in place with the funds so inconvenient but thinking your best option. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1