Bangkok Bank Bualuang Ibanking

Hi

I recently got a message :

Dear Bualuang iBanking Member:

If you have changed your mobile phone number or email address since registering

for Bualuang iBanking, please follow these steps to update your contact details:

1. Go to the 'Preferences' menu in Bualuang iBanking

2. Click on the link to 'View Contact Information'

3. Click 'Updating'

Please act fast! This service will be available until the end of August, so be in quick and

take advantage of this easy way to update your contact details.

For more details, please visit www.bangkokbank.com/ibankingor contact us at 1333.

Sincerely,

Bualuang iBanking

Now when I asked what is happening at the end of August got the response :

Please be informed that we have planned to issue new service via Bualuang iBanking,

the registration 3rd Bangkok Bank account online through mobile phone or email.

Once the system is ready, we will broadcast information to customer again.

This doesnt make much sense to me - I'm guessing that they will be providing some kind of "One Time Password" via SMS. Anyone know what is likely to be happenning ?

BB are not so quick on responses - I sent the above message on 5/7/07 and get the reply on 18/7/07 - guess because they couldnt find some one/persons who could read/comprehend then reply in english...

What form did the message come in, SMS, e-mail, etc? Reason I ask is the below on their web-site.

"Please be advised that Bangkok Bank will never send an e-mail requesting you to update your particulars or to validate your personal information via email."

Its not phishing or any other sort of a scam - twas a message received via secure messaging after logging on - any body with bualuang ibanking should of received this i guess - being in english it doesnt go into too much detail and the response to my query was equally cryptic. There must be a thai version somewhere, but I dont have the time now to translate it...

Its not phishing or any other sort of a scam - twas a message received via secure messaging after logging on - any body with bualuang ibanking should of received this i guess - being in english it doesnt go into too much detail and the response to my query was equally cryptic. There must be a thai version somewhere, but I dont have the time now to translate it...

I see it now. Guess I better look at the messages more often, have about a dozen in my BBank inbox unread. My interpretation of this is that you can change your contact details on-line during this period. Afterwards it will revert back to having to go to the bank and submit the information in person. Since my mobile number changed I submitted my new contact information and the follow up message showed it being submitted to the Bangkok Bank Manager.

As for the purpose of making sure our mobile info is up to date, yes, not clear what new service it is. Sounds like you can create an additional account on-line without having to go to the bank in person.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, useful for those of us a bit slow in updating things. :o

• 2 months later...

Well just about to log in to bualuang and heres what this was all about and it is in decent english too !

They put it up as a graphic I'm afraid - any way Bkk Bank now seems to be getting with it and could start to be a contender with kasikorn for web usability (just have a work permit and use IE...)

In a nut shell you can do 3rd party transfer (maybe setup too) online by receiving a code to your mobile phone (probably got to be a thai no too....)

post-11256-1190946034_thumb.jpg

In a nut shell you can do 3rd party transfer (maybe setup too) online by receiving a code to your mobile phone (probably got to be a thai no too....)

I saw that also and would be very convenient for me. However, searched the site and can't find anymore information how to activate it. Did you find the details elsewhere?

Ok - just gone ahead and done it - and it works a treat - not bad considering I'm in the UK at the mo.

few things to be aware of :

* You need a thai mobile

* You can only set up 3rd parties that are with Bkk Bank - not able to set up 3rd parties with other Thai bank this way at the mo as far as i am aware

* When you setup a 3rd party, the name of the holder of the account will be shown - in thai script or roman (english)

* You can give the 3rd party a nick name

* You can specify the 3rd parties mobile no so when a transfer is done to their account, the mobile registered against it receives an sms - could be handy if your significant other knows your online banking details and has access to your mobile phone (unlikely, but slightly possible...), just specify your second (secret) mobile number and get notifed when several hundred K baht goes missing !

I put all the details I captured as I was activating the service below and doing a trial 3rd party setup (tis amazing what google can throw up as I couldnt add my own account, but google provided some account no at Bkk Bank - need to get my self another account there, then can keep them going with the transfer between your own accounts trick - <deleted> I hope I removed bank account details...) Anyway have fun...

Activate SMS Authentication

SMS Authentication is a way to register online for selected services offered by Bualuang iBanking. It can replace the need to register at the branch by sending a One Time Password to your mobile phone, for example - to add a new 3rd party account that you want to send funds to. Please read the terms and conditions and follow the instructions below.

Terms and Conditions Governing the SMS Service

1. If you wish to (1) use the SMS service but have not notified the Bank of your mobile phone number, or (2) change the mobile phone number from that already notified, you may contact any branch of the Bank (in Thailand) and present your identification card or passport for identification purposes, and complete an amendment form to advise your phone number or change as the case may be. The SMS service may be utilized after 5 Banking days from the date of such notification. For utilization of this service, you must type in the same mobile phone number as that so notified. Only numbers from Thai operators are permitted.

2. The One Time Password (OTP) will expire 15 minutes after the SMS has been sent to the mobile phone number notified to the Bank. If you fail to use the OTP within the aforesaid time, you will have to restart the process of the activity.

3. In case you enter the OTP incorrectly 3 times consecutively, access to this service will be discontinued. To continue access to this service, please contact Bualuang Phone at 1333 for Thailand or (66) 0-2645-5555 for overseas (7.00 am - 11.00 pm Thailand time).

4. Please be aware that the User ID, Password, mobile phone and OTP are important tools and elements in utilizing services and effecting transactions through the SMS service. It is advised that care must be taken so that your mobile phone does not fall into the possession of any other person and that User ID, Password or OTP is not revealed or disclosed to anyone under any circumstances.

5. Any activity performed through the SMS service with the use of your mobile phone, OTP, User ID and Password will be considered an activity performed by yourself.

Please enter your mobile phone number. For more information please see the Notes below.

Mobile Phone Number (Please enter your 10-digit mobile phone number as 08XXXXXXXX.)

Notes:

- Only mobile phone numbers from AIS, DTAC and True Move will be accepted.

- The mobile phone number entered here will be cross checked against the number in your Bualuang iBanking registration form or any subsequent amendments. This will be the number that Bangkok Bank sends your One Time Password to. If your current phone number is different to the number that you previously registered you will need to update your phone number before proceeding with this Activation. For more information about how to update your phone number please click here

If you decide not to activate this service now you may return to this page and Activate it later on. However if you want to close the SMS Activation Service you may click below on Block SMS Activation . This means you will not be able to reactivate via Bualuang iBanking. To reactivate Blocked SMS Authentication please contact Bualuang Phone Tel. 1333 or 66 (0) 2645-5555 (between 7.00 am - 11.00 pm Thailand time) for verification procedures.

Account Information

You can give the 3rd party account an "Account Nickname" that is easy for you to remember. You can also fill in the "Recipient's Mobile Phone Number" if you would like Bangkok Bank to send an SMS notification message to the recipient when a fund transfer has been completed.

Account Number XXXXXXXXXX

Bank BBL

Account Nickname

(Optional)

Recipient's Mobile Phone Number

(Optional)