Village Of Pretty Girls, South Of Chiangmai

Trevor

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate a well built and handsome man.

I don't care if they are male or female.

I like straight and gay.

I have never had any concern or felt threatened by anyone's personal preference

CB

Sounds like CB is open to whatever! :D

CB draws the line at sheep. New Zealand sheep, that is.

Australian sheep are OK.... :o

McG

Ask any elderly Thai about memory where most pretty girls were.

You would get the same answer; the Northern girls ( in Thai, sao-chao-nua).

And it sures lived up to it's named. In those days most of the girls who won the titles of Miss Thailand or other beauty queen came from these northern provinces: Chiengmai, Lumpoon, Lumpang, Chiengrai.

It was a yearly ritual for the Thai sponsors to go to some villages to look for pretty girls and picked the best looking one to represent the province. Once they were discovered, they would be brought to Bangkok months ahead to be groomed for the big day on December. These village girls had to learn how to walk on a high heels, how to talk like a nice lady, how to wear a dress, how to put on make up.... down to even got a new beautiful name to go with the new personalities.

"I also like to look at pretty girls, but the thing I like most is nice people. I don't care if they are black/white/yellow or puce. I don't care if they are male or female. I like straight and gay. I like people who are interesting and have opinions. I have never had any concern or felt threatened by anyone's personal preference although I do have a few worries about Port Power supporters who like checking out Warren Thredrea's butt in white shorts cool.gif

CB"

The OP was about eye candy CB, and sure.... all our female supporters love looking at Treadders butt. Many Crow's players spend time looking at it when he runs past them with the ball as well.

Err.... you're kind of cute in the morning but I wouldn't class you as eye candy. :o

Edited by sceadugenga

And it sures lived up to it's named. In those days most of the girls who won the titles of Miss Thailand or other beauty queen came from these northern provinces: Chiengmai, Lumpoon, Lumpang, Chiengrai.

Again this probably has something to do with the colour of one's skin. ie. fairer being a lot attractive to the darker lot as perceived by most people.

hopefully there will soon be a beautiful thai woman in a village north of seattle...

There should be plenty in that area. Just look around.

I like the Chiang Rai girls. At least I've been madly infatuated with two of them already.

Again this probably has something to do with the colour of one's skin. ie. fairer being a lot attractive to the darker lot as perceived by most people.

That's it.

I was waiting for someone to work it out.

:o ...hmmm...maybe in the eyes of Thai and/or other Far Eastern people themselves; not necessarily by [most] Western people.

LaoPo

Well if you marry a white girl then this means you have an easier time finding bitterchoc girls to flirt with in the bars. If on the other hand you marry a dark girl, then it becomes a lot of hassle to find white girls. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

Well if you marry a white girl then this means you have an easier time finding bitterchoc girls to flirt with in the bars. If on the other hand you marry a dark girl, then it becomes a lot of hassle to find white girls. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

and the grass is always greener on the other side ? :o

TB

I think the title of this thread is exactly accurate...if you want pretty girls and you are in Chiangmai then you need to go SOUTH. It would be really stupid to go north because you won't find any up here in Chiangrai....no no no!....no pretty girls in Chiangrai...if you want pretty girls then go south....definitely south.....

name='Sanpatong' date='2007-07-22 16:47:56' post='1432499'

Yes, Sanpatong has the best girls in the whole of Thailand. I'm very lucky I was able to marry one.

As the OP, I think Sanpatong was the place. In 1979, as part of a group of English friends, we rented motorbikes and rode there. One of my buddies had read this was famed as a village of pretty girls, and he took a picture of a real cutie. I still have a copy somewhere in the archives, but she was tasty. Must be a glamorous (or not) granny by now!

Edited by Trevor

Seriously though, the issue with such trips is that they don't work; because the truliest prettiest girls would have moved to Bangkok and became models or, erm, performers.

One village in Lamphun was actually noted for it's alleged pretty girls in the Lonely Planet Guide, of all places, but upon driving to there it turns out to be just like any other village out of town.

I think the title of this thread is exactly accurate...if you want pretty girls and you are in Chiangmai then you need to go SOUTH. It would be really stupid to go north because you won't find any up here in Chiangrai....no no no!....no pretty girls in Chiangrai...if you want pretty girls then go south....definitely south.....

Sorry chownah, you were just a wee bit too demonstrative with your insistence of no pretty girls in Chiang Rai (you aren't a member of the local Chamber of Commerce, by any chance?).

post-23786-1185366841_thumb.jpg

I've organised a little tour group who will be investigating your claim of "no pretty girls in Chiang Rai".

Can you accommodate approximately 1000 Chinese men in your fine town?

:o

McG

Not San Patong. But Every Saturday have many beautiful buffalo there start 6am, Kad Wuwa Kwai.

Geez RTD, i thought you came across a bit strange on our first meeting, but buffalo gals ?? I guess they go round the outside though.. Sounds like your trip to Australia has really affected you..

roll2.gif

and the grass is always greener on the other side ? :o

TB

I just haven't understood this quote, call me obtuse, call me stupid, call me inane on the other just don't call me as I'm not really a telephone person. But I digress I've looked at grass for many ways over the years and its always been from above. Now if I was looking at grass from below,ie the otherside how would it'd be green? wouldn't it be rooty and dirty. Hey If I was looking at grass from the otherside, I'd be dead. So I never wanna find out if grass is greener on the otherside as I like how it looks from here. :D

Basically its a myth guys, pretty girls are in the unlikely places, all of a sudden you can be somewhere in LOS and <Bang> there she is just a-walking down the street (Cue the music gang!)

I think thai/chinese girls are the cutest of the lot, tough nuts to crack no doubt, but if you win the trust of their inner circle then you're locked in tight and have a good community as well as the girl you are wooing.

On the green grass thing, thats a new take on the saying but I take it to mean that people will imagine something away from familiar ground to be superior than the familiar ground. Yet the reality may be(and usually is) that the 'green fields on the other side of the fence' are just like the ones you've left behind....

Another similar, but more easily understandable saying is : "Its better to stick with the devil you know than the devil you don't." It can be used for a whole raft of little situations.

Edited by JimsKnight

go straight up the highway to he11 , turn left at the field of the cloth of gold , and just past the city of tiny lights turn right down the street with no name you will come to the village of pretty girls. :o

tax- i don't think you've been there recently. that road is now impassable. now you need to turn right at the tree that the white angels nest in, head 3 km and once you give the village elder a gift of a jaguar paw you may enter.