Nong khai border run

Hello im on my way to nong khai border can I I leave Thailand  and just go back after I enter Laos ?  
or I need to stay overnight there ? 

Do I need  to fill the entry departure card if I not stay in Laos ?

Thank you guys 

Edited by thai006

Can do it all within one hour or less. Exit Thailand, enter Laos. Walk around the other side to exit Laos then enter Thailand. Ask your taxi driver/Grab/Indrive driver to wait for you on the Thailand side for one hour. He'll be very happy to have a fare back to Udon Thani airport rather than waiting a few hours or not getting a fare at all back to Udon.

You can get an Indriver dude to do the round trip from Udon Thani airport and back for around 800 baht.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Can do it all within one hour or less. Exit Thailand, enter Laos. Walk around the other side to exit Laos then enter Thailand.

Pathetic and completely pointless pantomime, isn't it. A total waste of everyone's time. I used to do that at Mukdahan despite being married to a Thai and living here for over 25 years. My sister in law went to live in Hungary with her Dutch husband and they were given five year visas. No cross-border for five minutes nonsense, no reporting to anyone, just allowed to get on with their lives.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Pathetic and completely pointless pantomime, isn't it. A total waste of everyone's time. I used to do that at Mukdahan despite being married to a Thai and living here for over 25 years. My sister in law went to live in Hungary with her Dutch husband and they were given five year visas. No cross-border for five minutes nonsense, no reporting to anyone, just allowed to get on with their lives.

Exactly, a complete waste of a day and money having to do that. They should make it easy for the under 50's to stay in Thailand and spend money here, not having them to go in and out every 90 days when on a tourist visa. A one year tourist visa without having to leave the country would make sense and easier for tourists to come here and spend their money.

3 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Would suggest having a short break in Laos whilst you're up there, lovely place and much nicer people.

A very beautiful country indeed and now they have the fast train, no overnight buses needed.

loas4.thumb.jpg.3797297d98b001bc8a750ca69cdef0ec.jpgloas3.thumb.jpg.f7c06f11fea3f09d09db6a9a1a94732f.jpgloas2.thumb.jpg.734f5ff81055ee549208c16a0d3c7114.jpgloas.thumb.jpg.9fd0cd39b912cbf8dbe6401dbda5ac78.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

A very beautiful country indeed and now they have the fast train, no overnight buses needed.

loas4.thumb.jpg.3797297d98b001bc8a750ca69cdef0ec.jpgloas3.thumb.jpg.f7c06f11fea3f09d09db6a9a1a94732f.jpgloas2.thumb.jpg.734f5ff81055ee549208c16a0d3c7114.jpgloas.thumb.jpg.9fd0cd39b912cbf8dbe6401dbda5ac78.jpg

Actually I spend 2 week in Laos last November. So I just want to do quick. Border run 🤣🤣🤣 but Laos is quite amazin.  Vang vieng.  Luang Prabang we love it 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They like to make life very difficult for foreign men living/married to a Thai wife. I was told from reliable source that mainly its because your wife has more income/inheritance and a better life in general then those that hold the perceived power to deny or make your life difficult. Basically jealous in every respect. Its a face thing and the best for me personally is to bounce every 90 days and just deal with the usually kind MFA consulate staff for an annual non-o ME visa. Retirement visa

should be way less hassle and issues though. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/26/2024 at 5:44 PM, bbi1 said:

Exactly, a complete waste of a day and money having to do that. They should make it easy for the under 50's to stay in Thailand and spend money here, not having them to go in and out every 90 days when on a tourist visa. A one year tourist visa without having to leave the country would make sense and easier for tourists to come here and spend their money.

Do they still charge fee, I remember it's cheaper to get some USA dollars to pay, than pay in Thai money, can't remember what the fee was but paying in USA dollars was a lot cheaper. 

20 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Do they still charge fee, I remember it's cheaper to get some USA dollars to pay, than pay in Thai money, can't remember what the fee was but paying in USA dollars was a lot cheaper. 

$40USD and $1 overtime fee on weekends, but I don't bother with that. I just get the eVisa for $50 plus a bit extra for credit card fees on top.