Quality Acoustic Guitar store

jimmybcool

I am looking for a decent acoustic guitar.  Seems the highest quality I can find in Pattaya might be a Yamaha with laminate sides and back.  I'd like a step up.  Is there a store with higher end brands?  Also asking this in the Bangkok forum as I might have to make a trip to find what I want.  Thanks

Have you looked at Guitar Room, K Village on Soi 26 Bangkok. They have Martin and Taylor.

If you fancy a wee trip, then The Guitar Store in KL, Maton, Gibson, Fender, Lakewood and Cort amongst others.

For Pats, I agree options are limited.

• Like 2

if you're heading to BKK for the guitar room, there is also Music Collection, who have a few branches in Bangkok, and also have a website:

www.music.co.th

They sell Taylor and Martins, amongst others

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RayWright said:

Have you looked at Guitar Room, K Village on Soi 26 Bangkok. They have Martin and Taylor.

If you fancy a wee trip, then The Guitar Store in KL, Maton, Gibson, Fender, Lakewood and Cort amongst others.

Got mine there.....lot to choose from.

• Thumbs Up 1

First thing you should do : =>Google maps "guitar store Pattaya" then "guitar store bangkok".

I've made a quick look and it's true that there is not a lot of shops in Pattaya. But in Bangkok you have a lot of shops (with pictures & reviews).

Don't forget to look at the second hand market on Facebook and Kaidee.

Last but not least, a look on Lazada and shopee. Many of the shops in bkk also have shops on these market places (search by brands might be better).

Careful, there are a lot of counterfeit. 

Here are the 2 tips to keep in mind:

1. They usually never sell a copy at the price of an original (like on Amazon)

2. Scroll to the specs, if you have:

Eg. Brand : no name (or oem)=fake

Or brand: Fender (or whatever the brand)=original 😉

Edited by Marsupienemi
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you're in Bangkok get off the BTS at Chitlom. Walk along the Skywalk towards the Ratchaprasong intersection. Take the first exit footbridge on the left straight into that building. There is a guitar shop there.

Also, I've seen a couple near each other in Centralworld and (from memory) there's one in the Siam Discovery Center upstairs.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I have been remiss returning to this thread.  I was lucky enough to find a used Yamaha AC5R here in Pattaya.  In the states I own R Taylor, McPherson, Martin and a Kevin Ryan.  No, the Yamaha isn't as good as them but it is really nice once I got new strings on it.  If I become poor at some point in life and this was the only guitar I could keep I'd not feel I was playing a substandard instrument.

Funniest part was I bought it from a young Thai man who is an ordained Catholic Priest.  He made it easy and came to my hotel and let me try it.  Even with old strings I knew it was a keeper.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 11:48 AM, RayWright said:

I haven't personally visited Guitar Room at K Village on Soi 26 in Bangkok or The Guitar Store in KL, but they sound like fantastic places for guitar enthusiasts! With brands like Martin, Taylor, Maton, Gibson, Fender, Lakewood, and Cort available, there's surely something for everyone. It's good to know about these options for guitar shopping in the region. As for Pats, it's true that options may be limited, but it's always worth exploring nearby areas for a wider selection.