Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

16 civilians were killed in a recent bombing. Was that justifiable in your mind?

What was the objective of the bombing?

How many enemy combatants were killed, injured and or captured?

How many of the civilians killed were giving aid and or comfort to Hamas?

That 16 civilians were killed is meaningless without more information. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What was the objective of the bombing?

How many enemy combatants were killed, injured and or captured?

How many of the civilians killed were giving aid and or comfort to Hamas?

That 16 civilians were killed is meaningless without more information. 

There is no way further information can justify those killings. The only pertinent information is that 2 dozen civilians were killed. This was a war crime.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

There is no way further information can justify those killings. The only pertinent information is that 2 dozen civilians were killed. This was a war crime.

I understand that as a leftist, you think everything you make up becomes a "fact" as soon as you make it up, but that is just not true. 

You seem to know nothing about war crimes, yet you blather on and on about them. 

Again, do you have anything at all that supports your claim? 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I knew you wouldn't touch that question. Hamas said that releasing hostages was contingent on Israel releasing prisoners as well.

I did not ignore anything. You asked if Israel has broken the order. I do not have that evidence or information, the ICJ also does not otherwise it would have not refused the SA request for more measures. I deal with facts not speculation.

44 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I knew you wouldn't touch that question. Hamas said that releasing hostages was contingent on Israel releasing prisoners as well.

There’s that Hamas apologist again. The court order states immidiate release with no preconditions. 

• Like 1

The IDF response was ridiculously disproportionate, the number of women and children killed was horrendous, and Israel is paying an enormous price for this hatred and racism toward the Palestinian people, who are about 2 genetic markers away from being Israeli.

Israel is losing more allies by the day, the US in on the cusp of withdrawing aid, and the extremist Netanyahu is finding himself in a more indefensible position, by the day.

Between 1 January and 12 February, 51 per cent of missions planned by humanitarian partners to deliver aid and undertake assessments to areas to the north of Wadi Gaza were denied access by the Israeli authorities. More than 625,000 students and nearly 23,000 teachers in the Gaza Strip have been affected by school closures and attacks on education, leaving them with no access to education or a safe place. According to the Ministry of Education, as of 6 February, more than 4,851 students and 239 educational staff have been killed and more than 8,227 students and 836 teachers have been injured in the Gaza Strip since 7 October.

Speaking earlier Sunday at the African Union summit, Lula called Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip a "genocide."

"What is happening in the Gaza Strip with the Palestinian people has no parallel in history.

South Africa, which accused Israel in the unprecedented case, argued Israel’s air and ground assaults on Gaza were intended to “bring about the destruction” of its Palestinian population.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-02-18-24/index.html

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

I did not ignore anything. You asked if Israel has broken the order. I do not have that evidence or information, the ICJ also does not otherwise it would have not refused the SA request for more measures. I deal with facts not speculation.

Do you deny that Israel was ordered to do everything in its power to prevent civilian casualties?

34 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

There’s that Hamas apologist again. The court order states immidiate release with no preconditions. 

Disgusting flaming projection. I don't make apologies for Hamas. I believe they should release the hostages unharmed. I merely explained what Hamas said. I do not support Hamas.

Grow up and discuss the issues on their merits like an adult.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Disgusting flaming projection. I don't make apologies for Hamas. I believe they should release the hostages unharmed. I merely explained what Hamas said. I do not support Hamas.

Grow up and discuss the issues on their merits like an adult.

Hamas has no merits. Hamas are terrorists holding innocent hostages. 

• Thanks 1

Do you deny that Israel was ordered to do everything in its power to prevent civilian casualties?

Run that one by me again, where would I need to deny it. What did I claim to counter it? Stop making things up

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, coolcarer said:

2 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Do you deny it not already in the published measures which have been posted 41 pages ago and numerous times after?

Has the Israeli bombing of civilians since the order complied with that order? I think the answer should be obvious but you can't offer an unequivocal yes or no.

Has the Israeli bombing of civilians since the order complied with that order? I think the answer should be obvious but you can't offer an unequivocal yes or no.

Only people like you think it's a simple yes or no.

I think Israel has complied, but I don't know, because I don't have enough information to know.

You on the other hand, do not need any additional information, because you do not care about the truth, all you care about is virtue-signaling how you care about civilians. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Impossible to reply with an unequiivocal yes or no. Anyone that does that is a liar. I hedge my bets firmly on that they have complied to the best of their ability and certainly enough for the ICJ

If not then why did the ICJ not put in extra measures when asked to by South Africa on the 16th of this month? 

The ICJ refused South Africa's request saying the measures in place were sufficient.

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Only people like you think it's a simple yes or no.

I think Israel has complied, but I don't know, because I don't have enough information to know.

You on the other hand, do not need any additional information, because you do not care about the truth, all you care about is virtue-signaling how you care about civilians. 

When did caring about civilians become "virtue signalling"? Another meaningless right wing slogan, nothing more than invective.

3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Impossible to reply with an unequiivocal yes or no. Anyone that does that is a liar. I hedge my bets firmly on that they have complied to the best of their ability and certainly enough for the ICJ

If not then why did the ICJ not put in extra measures when asked to by South Africa on the 16th of this month? 

The ICJ refused South Africa's request saying the measures in place were sufficient.

The ICJ stated the reasons which were that it's ruling should have been sufficient to prevent Israel from continuing its slaughter of civilians. It appears that they were wrong and I predict that will soon impose a ceasefire since Israel has clearly not complied, an opinion that South Africa will not doubt include in its report.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

When did caring about civilians become "virtue signalling"? Another meaningless right wing slogan, nothing more than invective.

Caring about civilians is not virtue-signaling, and to be clear, I never accused you of caring about civilians.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The ICJ stated the reasons which were that it's ruling should have been sufficient to prevent Israel from continuing its slaughter of civilians. It appears that they were wrong and I predict that will soon impose a ceasefire since Israel has clearly not complied, an opinion that South Africa will not doubt include in its report.

so not only were the ICJ wrong according to you but you’ve also got the old crystal ball out and made your own predictions. 😂

• Like 1

You continue stating more things as facts that you know nothing about and that you will not support. 

Typical

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

so not only were the ICJ wrong according to you but you’ve also got the old crystal ball out and made your own predictions. 😂

The ICJ made the correct decision. It allowed Israel to continue to fight Hamas while making an order it considered should be effective in preventing excessive civilian deaths. Clearly they were wrong in that assessment.

I'm entitled to predict what I think they will do and I have the courage of my convictions. I'm quite willing to accept criticism of my predictions should they prove to be wrong. The imminent siege of Rafah and the inevitable human catastrophe bolsters my prediction.

Edited by ozimoron

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

The ICJ made the correct decision. It allowed Israel to continue to fight Hamas while making an order it considered should be effective in preventing excessive civilian deaths. Clearly they were wrong in that assessment.

I'm entitled to predict what I think they will do and I have the courage of my convictions. I'm quite willing to accept criticism of my predictions should they prove to be wrong.

How do you know civilian deaths have been excessive, if you do not know what the objective was, how many of the dead civilians were providing aid and comfort to Hamas, and how many enemy combatants were killed?