Problems with YouTube and Netflix

phetphet

Been watching tv via apps on my Nvidia Shield box and VPN. 3BB internet.

Amazon Prime still working Ok, but today Netflix won’t load and YouTube opens, then after a few seconds shuts down. See attached video of YouTube to see what I mean.

I have tried clearing the cache on both apps.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing this?

TIA

Thanks guys. I finally got it working. Not sure what fixed it, but after clearing caches again and fitting a new Ethernet cable, I got Youtube working.
Netflix is loading to 25% then saying there might be a network problem, but seeing as I am using a VPN to view U.K. TV, that might be a bottleneck somewhere.

Where is your Netflix account based? Thailand? Or elsewhere?

If you turn off the VPN does Netflix load?

Not sure about Nvidea, but if Android-based you should be able to go into the UI/Settings, find Apps, find Netflix, Force Stop, then re-open Netflix.

That usually clears up network-related issues.

forcestop.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 8:38 AM, Chivas said:

Working normally for me

Try rebooting laptop or Phone etc

+1

This might help: first set VPN to your Netflix country where you've done your payments (in my case no VPN, in Thailand), and logout, and login. Then activate or change VPN to another country.

If the failure occurred on the 25th of January 2024 then maybe your Nvidea and/or your Netflix app needs to be upgraded to a more recent version because at that particular date changes were introduced intentionally on the Netflix servers to stop some old browsers from working. That's an ongoing development which will never stop. Luckily Nvidea Shield Pro TV is a supported device.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1