Nato has to steel itself for Russian strikes on targets across Europe

On 2/2/2024 at 9:13 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Could be the rumoured Trump golden showers kopromat said to have been taken on the Obama bed in Moscow. Which if true explains some of the hold that Putin has over him.

Even if they did have such tapes ( do they and does anyone care- that's probably quite moderate behaviour compared to what does go on in bedrooms all over the world ), now that AI can fake any digital medium, can anyone believe any digital publication anymore?

IMO if such tapes did exist they would have been leaked long ago.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even if they did have such tapes ( do they and does anyone care- that's probably quite moderate behaviour compared to what does go on in bedrooms all over the world ), now that AI can fake any digital medium, can anyone believe any digital publication anymore?

IMO if such tapes did exist they would have been leaked long ago.

I suspect you're right I for a long time suspected that Russians had stuff on Boris Johnson re his weekend trips to Italy to party in Eugeny Lebedevs fathers mansion rumoured to have bunga bunga parties with Russian supermodels. John Sweeney did an excellent doc you can see on YouTube about them. After his huge support for Ukraine if they did exist then they would surely have released him to compromise him. They have never surfaced so the logical conclusion is they don't exist. Of course the real treasure trove is the Epstein tapes I'm convinced at least they did exist and if ever some wikileaks dump did occur it would shake the foundations of western leaders to their very core. You're also right that AI can muddy the waters to such an extent that if that did happen they could be easily briefed away. That said I would look not the Stephen Hawkins one though I'm not that depraved !

3 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Why would Russia want to attack the West?

The West has made a good job of attacking itself.

NATO is a toothless old tiger with no chance against Russia.

Of course Russia won’t attack the west. All this scaremongering is merely to pump more money into the MIC and to enrich a few even more.

The elephant in the room is all these western claims that Ukraine is winning, how 50% of the Russian military has been destroyed, how much more superior western armies and weapons are compared to Russia. If any of the above is true, then surely there is no fear or possibility of a Russian attack on NATO, is there?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Of course Russia won’t attack the west. All this scaremongering is merely to pump more money into the MIC and to enrich a few even more.

The elephant in the room is all these western claims that Ukraine is winning, how 50% of the Russian military has been destroyed, how much more superior western armies and weapons are compared to Russia. If any of the above is true, then surely there is no fear or possibility of a Russian attack on NATO, is there?

Very true they want massive rearnament to combat the Russian threat and then claim they have been virtually decimated. A wake up moment for me what comparing the BBC osint figures for casualties with those put out officially by both sides. There are huge differences and of course Ukrainian casualties are a well guarded secret.

https://en.zona.media/article/2022/05/20/casualties_eng

Now Ukraines official figures are hugely north of that with some reports saying Russia has lost nearly 90% of their men

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-intelligence-assesses-ukraine-war-has-cost-russia-315000-casualties-source-2023-12-12/

Given that Russia has 5 times the population of Ukraine it would mean that they could sustain 5 X the casualties for stalemate. So all of this combined leads me to believe at least neither side can win indeed we are in the Stalemate that Zalunhyi publically admitted much to the anger of Zelenskiy and to break that would require criminal levels of further lives lost to most probably no avail. If ghe western public were truly availed of the facts and could see the true horror on both sides I truly believe most would sat enough. Time for peace as a dead man has no freedom is merely dead. There is nothing glorious about it.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Why would Russia want to attack the West?

The West has made a good job of attacking itself.

NATO is a toothless old tiger with no chance against Russia.

Two main reasons. Territorial expansion and resources grab to save a doomed economy dependent on fossil fuels and to prop up the legacy of a crazed fascist dictator.

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

Russia has a bad record of attacking its neighbours, including Ukraine. Russia lied about invading Ukraine and has heavily interfered with democratic elections across the western world and encouraged an industry of hacking as a weapon and and industry of extortion. Russia is the enemy.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The obvious conclusion is that either the western propagandists think everyone is as dumb as a rock and will believe the BS, or they are as dumb as a rock and can't get the message right.

Follow the money!

Yeah, we know you support Russia.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

If ghe western public were truly availed of the facts and could see the true horror on both sides I truly believe most would sat enough. Time for peace as a dead man has no freedom is merely dead. There is nothing glorious about it.

Which is why they will never see it.

There is no glory in a trench, except for the generals miles and mile and miles behind the lines.

The WW1 squaddies knew a thing or two about trench warfare

'Hanging on the Old Barbed Wire'

If you want to find the lance-jack, I know where he is
I know where he is, I know where he is
He's scrounging round the cookhouse door.
I've seen him, I've seen him
Scrounging round the cookhouse door, I've seen him,
Scrounging round the cookhouse door.

The company sergeant...He's laying on the latrine floor

The quarter master...Miles and miles behind the lines.

The sergeant-major...Thieving all the squaddies' rum.

The buckshee private...Buried in a deep shell hole.

The C.O....Down in a deep dugout.

The brasshats...Drinking claret at Brigade HQ.

The politicians....Drinking brandy at the House of Commons bar.

The whole battalion...Hanging on the old barbed wire.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which is why they will never see it.

There is no glory in a trench, except for the generals miles and mile and miles behind the lines.

The WW1 squaddies knew a thing or two about trench warfare

'Hanging on the Old Barbed Wire'

I know where he is, I know where he is
He's scrounging round the cookhouse door.
I've seen him, I've seen him
Scrounging round the cookhouse door, I've seen him,
Scrounging round the cookhouse door.

The company sergeant...He's laying on the latrine floor

The quarter master...Miles and miles behind the lines.

The sergeant-major...Thieving all the squaddies' rum.

The buckshee private...Buried in a deep shell hole.

The C.O....Down in a deep dugout.

The brasshats...Drinking claret at Brigade HQ.

The politicians....Drinking brandy at the House of Commons bar.

The whole battalion...Hanging on the old barbed wire.

Hadn't heard that one before,very poignant. I asked the Abbott a good man in our Thai temple back in the UK as to what you should do if someone attacks you. He said in the first instance run away !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you don't know, why did you say "Who will release tapes" ?

On 1/30/2024 at 9:44 PM, ozimoron said:

One could apply the same reasoning to his invasion of Ukraine, despite his denials. Do you think he'd invade again now if he had a redo? His strategy now is to hang on and hope Trump wins so he'll nobble nato. Otherwise he'll release the tapes.

Ozimoron  said  "Otherwise he'll release the tapes."

I asked but got no answer  Who will release tapes ?

Will Trump release tapes ?  will Putin release tapes ?

I asked the question because I didn't know "who will release tapes"

I suppose on further reading he meant Putin will release "embarrassing" tapes of Donald Trump if Trump does not stop funding NATO and the war in Ukraine ?

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Two main reasons. Territorial expansion and resources grab to save a doomed economy dependent on fossil fuels and to prop up the legacy of a crazed fascist dictator.

Its the other way round dear friend, Russia is rich in resources, the EU and UK 

have very little and were buying from Russia that now sells to other customers,

thats why their economy is healthy, whereas the EU and UK economies are now

stuffed. US, EU, UK, are all insane.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, johng said:

I suppose on further reading he meant Putin will release "embarrassing" tapes of Donald Trump if Trump does not stop funding NATO and the war in Ukraine ?

I see the penny dropped.

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Hadn't heard that one before,very poignant. I asked the Abbott a good man in our Thai temple back in the UK as to what you should do if someone attacks you. He said in the first instance run away !

Wow, that triggered a memory. When I was 23 I took up martial arts, specifically a hybrid of Korean karate and Tibetan Buddhism led by an ex US marine who had lived in Korea for 15 years. When I started he told us that if we should get involved in a pub fight we should literally run away if need be and should we not do so we would be ejected from the club.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Wow, that triggered a memory. When I was 23 I took up martial arts, specifically a hybrid of Korean karate and Tibetan Buddhism led by an ex US marine who had lived in Korea for 15 years. When I started he told us that if we should get involved in a pub fight we should literally run away if need be and should we not do so we would be ejected from the club.

Fighting if folks don't back down inevitably leads to escalation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I hope that the Abbot's temple wasn't attacked, and that those in his charge didn't follow his advice and abandon it; otherwise there are few Thai monks living on the streets of the UK.

On 1/30/2024 at 4:38 AM, Social Media said:

including Germany.

damn... i guess they have an axe to grind after germany stopped buying natural gas from them. i wasnt sure whether the ruskies were still selling to them or not so i googled...

Where is Germany's gas coming from?
Norway replaced Russia as Germany's top gas supplier in 2022, accounting for a third of imports. Belgium and the Netherlands also helped plug the gap. Overall, Germany's natural gas imports were down 12% in 2022.Jan 20, 2023

i just wonder... where are the russians getting their money from?

if they start to do this we might end up fulfilling einstein's "prophecy"[sic] that world war III will be fought with clubs and rocks...  seeing how all natural resources are being used up in the fabrication of weapons

it aint global warming that'll get us in the end

gawd humanity sucks...

23 minutes ago, RayC said:

I hope that the Abbot's temple wasn't attacked, and that those in his charge didn't follow his advice and abandon it; otherwise there are few Thai monks living on the streets of the UK.

Well the Buddha preached absolute non violence in all instances indeed the Abbott and the temple represents an alternative way of seeing the world and solving personal conflicts. Jesus was the same - turn the other cheek and there's a reason for that as violence begets violence and as humanity reaches peak numbers a recourse to violence to solve didputes may result in the end if humanity itself. And the endpoint of civilsatio will be we were nothing better than the animals that we evolved from.  The Abbott is in charge of the temple by the way,  the trustees help administer it under his benighteddirection.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_violence

Edited by beautifulthailand99

14 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

They trade with a large part of the world  not in alignment with US/Euro thinking..

https://www.reuters.com/world/what-is-brics-who-are-its-members-2023-08-21/

Over 40 countries, including Iran, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Algeria, Bolivia, Indonesia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Comoros, Gabon, and Kazakhstan have expressed interest in joining the forum, according to 2023 summit chair South Africa.

They view BRICS as an alternative to global bodies viewed as dominated by the traditional Western powers and hope membership will unlock benefits including development finance, and increased trade and investment.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, johng said:

They trade with a large part of the world  not in alignment with US/Euro thinking..

https://www.reuters.com/world/what-is-brics-who-are-its-members-2023-08-21/

Over 40 countries, including Iran, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Algeria, Bolivia, Indonesia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Comoros, Gabon, and Kazakhstan have expressed interest in joining the forum, according to 2023 summit chair South Africa.

They view BRICS as an alternative to global bodies viewed as dominated by the traditional Western powers and hope membership will unlock benefits including development finance, and increased trade and investment.

good info, i didnt know that.

seems like all the good guys are teaming up. wonder if yemen joined up yet

if they manage to make say... the chinese RMB as the dominating currency i guess all hell will break loose...

we are in for some major political shifts in the very near future

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well the Buddha preached absolute non violence in all instances indeed the Abbott and the temple represents an alternative way of seeing the world and solving personal conflicts. Jesus was the same - turn the other cheek and there's a reason for that as violence begets violence and as humanity reaches peak numbers a recourse to violence to solve didputes may result in the end if humanity itself. And the endpoint of civilsatio will be we were nothing better than the animals that we evolved from.  The Abbott is in charge of the temple by the way,  the trustees help administer it under his benighteddirection.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_violence

It's a lovely philosophy but in circumstances such as Ukraine's imo it would do no good.

I'm all in favour of discussion - imo 'jaw jaw' is far preferable to 'war war' - but when faced with naked aggression as demonstrated by Putin, a stark choice has to be made: 'Flight' - and effectively lose everything - or 'fight' for what is rightfully yours. 

I realise that it is easy to say from the comfort of my UK/ Thai home but imo that was - and remains - the choice facing Ukraine and it's allies.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I think you mean America. Think oilfields of Syria, Iraq..

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Russia has a bad record of attacking its neighbours, including Ukraine. Russia lied about invading Ukraine and has heavily interfered with democratic elections across the western world and encouraged an industry of hacking as a weapon and and industry of extortion. Russia is the enemy.

I think you mean America. Think of the over 60 regime change operations, multiple elections all over the world, countless conflicts and invasions and illegal occupations.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

@ozimoron

What was the sea-cadets instructor view on this?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, johng said:

Thank you for the explanation.

If a certain person didn't answer it's probably because the tapes don't exist.

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

damn... i guess they have an axe to grind after germany stopped buying natural gas from them. i wasnt sure whether the ruskies were still selling to them or not so i googled...

if they start to do this we might end up fulfilling einstein's "prophecy"[sic] that world war III will be fought with clubs and rocks...  seeing how all natural resources are being used up in the fabrication of weapons

it aint global warming that'll get us in the end

gawd humanity sucks...

You ain't wrong. For the amount of money spent on killing other people we could have paradise on Earth.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I think you mean America. Think oilfields of Syria, Iraq..

I think you mean America. Think of the over 60 regime change operations, multiple elections all over the world, countless conflicts and invasions and illegal occupations.

Think Chile, think Cuba, think Central America.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

And Iran will shortly get those nukes they have always wanted check mating Israel at last. 

I'm pretty sure that they will have a few problems getting their bombs past GO. There are a couple of countries that the leaders of will dirty themselves if Iran ever became a nuclear armed state. I'm not saying it won't happen though, just take a bit longer than expected.