BKK to Korat Bus

Looking for the most comfortable bus experience from Mo Chit to Nakhon Ratchasima.   The only one I find doing Google searches is Nakhonchai 21.  (although read some complaints that they run music and Thai programs though the speakers the entire ride)   We've previously taken Air something or other, which was OK, but still 4 across seating and I can always use more legroom.

Opinions?

9 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

No such thing....

Great reply.........cracked me up!!

But looks like you're right.  Seems like the true first class bus service is reserved for further locations, like CM or Phuket.  I've seen some youtube vids showing incredible buses on those routes, so wondering if anything similar exists for Nakhon Ratchasima.  However, looks like the two best services are either Nakhonchai 21 or Air Korat.   

Go first class for sure......we got on and some little t**t was playing a war game on his console....full volume.....that didn't last long.

It seems the wife is learning from me how to deal with these matters.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, madisongy said:

Great reply.........cracked me up!!

But looks like you're right.  Seems like the true first class bus service is reserved for further locations, like CM or Phuket.  I've seen some youtube vids showing incredible buses on those routes, so wondering if anything similar exists for Nakhon Ratchasima.  However, looks like the two best services are either Nakhonchai 21 or Air Korat.   

Have traveled via Nakhon Chai Air numerous times, and found them quite acceptable. If you can get the VIP bus, definitely do that.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

There is a ticket booth in Mor Chit on its own ,,, decent buses to Korat and not very busy... used them a few times ... no complaints about the service...20190606_120808.thumb.jpg.33d0618b0d7cb1c0fd8a303bf22ae191.jpg 

Edited by Martin71
format
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, timendres said:

Have traveled via Nakhon Chai Air numerous times, and found them quite acceptable. If you can get the VIP bus, definitely do that.

Hey Tim, thanks for that.   Apparently Nakhon Chai Air, and Nakhon Chai 21 are the same company, with Nakhon chai 21 as the division providing service to Nakhon Ratchasima, according to the limited information I could find on this topic.    And absolutely we'd only book the VIP......the fares are just so cheap.

Someone mentioned that in his experience, they kept the volume up on the speakers above the seats while others mentioned their rides were quiet.  Would you happen to recall which was the case for you?

9 hours ago, madisongy said:

Someone mentioned that in his experience, they kept the volume up on the speakers above the seats while others mentioned their rides were quiet.  Would you happen to recall which was the case for you?

It was a number of years ago, but I remember a TV up at the front. Problem is, I cannot remember how I listened.

I do not remember if it was plugged in headphones like on a plane, or if there were speakers at every seat.

I am sorry, but I cannot remember that. I just remember having legroom in a large comfortable seat with leg rests.

On 1/30/2024 at 8:15 AM, madisongy said:

I've been on numerous Nakhonchaiair buses, most recently last month from Mochit to Kalasin and never experienced loud music.  From what I've read, the loud music buses are normally local services.