Lost or Gained in Your Retirement

NickyLouie

57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Went from just under 100kg to just over 70kg in the past 10 years.

I hit 100kg here, and talk about feeling uncomfortable.  Been as low as 78kg, which I felt really small at.  Got out of boot camp (US Army) @ 75kg.

I'm comfy between 80-84kg, any bigger and I'm uncomfortable.  80kg seems to stick for past 5 years.  Good to have a couple kgs extra, in case I get sick :coffee1:  Better than too thin, in case body needs some fuel.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Went from 68 to 74kg and had to buy some new jeans as the old ones were too tight. Couldn't get on with the fit of the new jeans so went back down to 68kg so I could fit into the old ones again. 

I lost a little due to eating less junk food than in America, and bicycling 4-5 days a week. Lost about 2-3kg, currently at about 66kg, I'm not tall so it's a good weight for me.

17 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

For the retirees, have you lost or gained weight here?

Lost weight – gained a bit during Covid lock down – almost by now lost it all again...:smile:

low 90s - same as before. I eat similar amount, drink more(!), but exercise a lot more in my gym - so that helps me maintain my status quo. 

I normally put on weight in Australia, different food. 100 kg.

I made an effort to lose weight here, went from 93 kg to 78 kg in six months a couple of years ago. Back out to 83 kg.

6 hours ago, petermik said:

67kg me....same same :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You must look like a frail old bloke 

You must be looking in your mirror........

• Like 1

Thai food and drinks very high in sugar unless you are picky. Not sure how you would lose more weight in Thailand based on food. Generally people over 70yo lose their appetite for eating much so it's a natural thing.

When I first moved here the first year I lost weight.  Then I started gaining it all back.  For about the last year I have lost about 21 kilos.  Intermitent fasting and low carb sugar.  It also helped with my blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar.  Specially blood sugar.

My best weight is 62Kg but haven't been that for years 65Kg is OK but have now crept up to 68Kg. tried to diet but my gf's cooking always wins.

Couple that with my age and I think I've given up worrying!