Best place to buy 2nd hand car?

Roo Island

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Personally I would consider looking out in the sticks, if you are prepared to travel........I imagine prices are much cheaper in....say...... Isaan.....but the choice might be more limited.

FB Marketplace would be my 1st place to peek.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Best place...     depends what type of car you are looking for.. 

Some dealerships offer certified second hand vehicles which are sold under warranty...  thats the safest option, although you'll pay a little more.

Other options depend on the age of the second hand car, i.e. if its within its warranty period. 

For pricing and seeing whats out there, one2car.com is a good resource. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I recently brought one from a car tent in Chonburi near Pattaya via One2car.com They were very helpful indeed, they even put it in my name (pink card), changed the oil, AND Delivered to Koh Chang Ferry at no extra cost, from memory I think they were called BestCar, 

I also brought one through One2Car from a tent in Bangkok years 6 years ago. On both occasions they drove to meet me BKK 'coz I went by Bus, Chonburi they had 2 different locations and only one showed on GPS . 

Go for low mileage, take it for a road test and floor it :giggle: get it nice and hot, get back and check for oil leaks, anything you find wrong they will rectify, from any small dings to tyres. 

Good luck happy motoring toot toot.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bbko said:

If you don't know much about buying used cars, I'd suggest buying one from the "certified' used car sales places on Sukhumvit. Certified cars are inspected by mechanics and come with a warranty.

https://www.toyotasure.com/home/used-car/ชลบุรี?filterlogid=1190605&isnewcars=false&ismostview=false

https://usedcar.honda.co.th/about.php

Their selection sucks and it's overpriced.

• Thanks 1

Great recommendations! All are worth pursuing. I'm going to pop into the local dealer and see what they have. But not sure I want to buy a new car.

I bought a Toyota certified car back home. Lasted me for a long time. Bought a Honda from an auction. Worst vehicle I ever owned!  😆

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/31/2024 at 4:56 PM, jaideedave said:

Using my own experience on this subject I feel I should comment. I once bought a pre-owned Toyota car that was several years old from a local nurse. I mistakenly didn't do due diligence and after a couple months I discovered that the radiator fluid had never been changed along with brake pads etc. My own fault but I now would only recommend for someone to buy a 2nd hand vehicle from a farang. Working class Thais just don't have the resources to afford regular servicing of their cars/trucks.Most farangs I know can at least afford to have the thing serviced once in a while. IMHO

NEVER buy a Thai owned Vehicle 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, sungod said:

Buy new, (unless you know the car /owner) , 2nd hand price here is astronomical, just not worth it.

My thoughts too, if the price difference is small. Many used cars have been driven hard and possibly modified, and had parts swapped. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1