Good Housing Estate

I tried to search but didn't get good results. Newbie error?

A friend will be here in a few weeks and wants to return to Thailand with his elderly parents. One with late stage alzheimers. He lived in Bangkok for a long time and has a Thai wife.

What would be good locations to live around Hua Hin? And good housing estates? They don't care about living near the beach.

Not cheap but not expensive either. They'd like to rent for a few years before purchasing.

Any recommended estate agents would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I have no positive suggestions, but ...

Some advice - avoid estates with 20-25+% rentals, new temporary residents can be very annoying and/or noisy; and avoid estates next to vacant land.  The last estate I lived in had large vacant plots on 2 sides, about 6 months after I moved in I had to endure about a year of a large condo construction, which not only consisted of noise, but also concrete and paint landing on my car and the house.  The current estate I live in has vacant land on 2 sides - construction on one plot started 6 months ago and construction on the other is about to begin.  The noise from the trucks was bad enough, but a lot of soil-dust has appeared in the house, even with doors and windows closed, resulting in respiratory problems.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JimHuaHin said:

I have no positive suggestions, but ...

Some advice - avoid estates with 20-25+% rentals, new temporary residents can be very annoying and/or noisy; and avoid estates next to vacant land.  The last estate I lived in had large vacant plots on 2 sides, about 6 months after I moved in I had to endure about a year of a large condo construction, which not only consisted of noise, but also concrete and paint landing on my car and the house.  The current estate I live in has vacant land on 2 sides - construction on one plot started 6 months ago and construction on the other is about to begin.  The noise from the trucks was bad enough, but a lot of soil-dust has appeared in the house, even with doors and windows closed, resulting in respiratory problems.

Good points! I had a friend buy a house on the back wall of an estate. A few years later they started a chicken farm right there!