Heath insurance first time help/advice

ronwel

Hi

I'm 32, Male, 75Kg, non smoker, no prior health conditions, South African.

I live in Thailand under a NON-O (Thai child)

I've never gotten health insurance before and have no idea what ball park figures I should be looking at. I've seen some plans at like 5000 baht a year and some of what looks to be similar but at 50,000 a year.

I understand there are many different configurations but generally speaking is 2500 baht a month for say 10mil baht coverage with no outpatient or dental a normal ball park figure or is it too high.

I'm open to recommendations.

I have a family, 2 kids and a Thai wife. They got offered similar figures.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy, I really just want to be covered if something happens to me and I have to go to hospital.

Apologies again. This is new to me.

Regards

Edited by ronwel

Brokers are helpful for this....  I've used Pacific Prime which have given a range of options.

To keep costs down many go for in patient treatment only options... so regular sicknesses etc are not covered (but can usually easily be afforded out of pocket).

Also something to consider is whether the coverage is from a Thai insurance company or an international Inusrance company (and some companies have both and international) and they have different levels of oversight.

At your age, 50,000 baht (for just you) seems like the ball park for inpatient only plan with a decent limit.

The 5000 baht option will be very limited. 

• Like 1