ED visa and some few questions

1) As I can come "visa free"( 30 days on arrival) can I obtain an ed visa once I enter the Kingdom?

2) Is possible to enter visa free (30 days on arrival) with only a one way ticket?

3) How long to obtain an ED visa? Thank you
4) If I decide to apply for a tourist visa, can i apply anyway for an ED visa when i am in Thailand?
Thank you

𝟭) 𝗔𝘀 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 "𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗮 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲"( 𝟯𝟬 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹) 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗜 𝗼𝗯𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗻 𝗲𝗱 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗮 𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗜 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗞𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗱𝗼𝗺?
You can enter visa exempt, FIND a school, enroll, pay the tuition, have them apply to the Ministry of Education and once that paperwork comes back you can apply for a 90 day ED visa at the immigration office in the area where the school is and where you live

𝟮) 𝗜𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗮 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲 (𝟯𝟬 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹) 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗮 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝘁?
That is between you and the air carrier.. SOME carriers have a policy that if you come in "free stamp" (no valid visa in your passport) that you have to show onward travel within the number of days you will get stamped in for (in your case 30)  

𝟯) 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝗯𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗻 𝗘𝗗 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗮?
Most schools take between 2 and 4 weeks to get the paperwork from the MOE once they submit your packet for approval
you also need to have between 2 and 3 weeks left on your current stamp once the paperwork comes back to apply for the ED visa inside the country at the immigration office  

𝟰) 𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗮, 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗶 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗻 𝗘𝗗 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗮 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶 𝗮𝗺 𝗶𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱?
Yes, no problem and in reality you should probably get a single entry tourist visa before you come here because that stamps you in for 60 days when you arrive and you can get one 30 day extension for 1900baht at the immigration office.

That will give you plenty of time to find a school, have them process the paperwork, and to still have the time you need on your stamp to apply for the ED visa at the immigration office