UNRWA Faces Funding Crisis Amid Allegations, Guterres Appeals for Continued Support

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

This is not evidence it is an infographic produced by the Israeli state in pursuance of its aims. BTW thanks for the link the mass of comments under it shows how catastrophically Israel are losing the information war. Trust me bro !

You asked for a source, you got a credible source. The evidence was complied by Israel and sent in a dossier to the relevant donor countries. The donor countries as a result of viewing that evidence suspended their donations until a complete investigation is carried out. Did you expect me to post the dossier? You may want to go to the topic where this has all been discussed before with numerous links, 9 pages for you to read there:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318180-allegations-of-un-agency-staff-involvement-in-hamas-attacks-prompt-us-funding-pause/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well then publish it the OP article mentions 12. As to why other countries have I don't know maybe it is APAIC US led Zionist 'Put' to purloined a stock market term and a solidifying of the US coming war coalition.

So you do not follow developments in this story, but continue to react to something days old. Great.

As for your Jews-Control-The-World antisemitic conspiracy theory garbage....don't forget to whine next time I'll remind you of it.

You just cannot accept the possibility of the evidence being true, factual and so on. It can't be. Why?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Morch said:

So you do not follow developments in this story, but continue to react to something days old. Great.

As for your Jews-Control-The-World antisemitic conspiracy theory garbage....don't forget to whine next time I'll remind you of it.

You just cannot accept the possibility of the evidence being true, factual and so on. It can't be. Why?

Bingo you are playing the anti semitic card when I did no such thing. Can I recommend Alexei Sayles wonderful alternative Christmas message. here he explains it wonderfully and very humorously and he can be found marching in the 1000 strong Jewush Bloc on many ceasefire demos in London. 

• Sad 1

.@UNRWA, the @UN Relief and Works Agency was established in 1949 to provide aid solely to Palestinian refugees. The organization recently made headlines for the involvement of 12 of its employees in the October 7th Massacre. UNRWA is a part of the problem, not the solution. 

Watch:

• Thanks 1

A disallowed private party social media post, and ensuing reply, have been removed. Per the forum's rule:

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency, and must include a link to the original source.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Alexei Sayle's Alternative Alternative Christmas Message and you expect anyone here to take you seriously on this topic

A personal hero of mine and I  knew him vaguely back in the day at the Comedy Store. A genuis no less and stuck to his principles through thick and thin. Whether you take me seriously or not is entirely up to you. But in the end just one source the Israeli intelligence services. Probably the same team that helped prepare their cunning defence at the ICJ. I'll put that in my cabinet marked dodgy dossier alongside Iraqi WDM.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

A personal hero of mine and I  knew him vaguely back in the day at the Comedy Store. A genuis no less and stuck to his principles through thick and thin. Whether you take me seriously or not is entirely up to you. But in the end just one source the Israeli intelligence services. Probably the same team that helped prepare their cunning defence at the ICJ. I'll put that in my cabinet marked dodgy dossier alongside Iraqi WDM.

Take your issues with the government of donor countries who suspended funding. Including your own.

Try to convince them you know better, maybe they'll buy into your conspiracy theories.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Your personal hero has self destructed

• Thanks 1

Topic Update: Australian PM says Canberra probing UNRWA October 7 claims before restoring funding

image.png

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese says his government is probing claims that some staff of the UN Palestinian refugee agency UNRWA were involved in the October 7 Hamas attacks on Israel, after Australia paused funding to the aid agency last month.

“We’re examining it, along with other like-minded countries like Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States. We want that to be resolved,” Albanese tells the Australian Broadcasting Corp regarding the allegations, according to a transcript.

The Labour party leader says his government wants to make sure the accusations are “fully examined” so that all funding is “going to the purpose for which it is given.”

Source

• Thanks 1

The inherent logic of this thread is UNWRA are Hamas. Who says so ? This report by Israeli intelligence services that they have shared with compliant partners. Can we see it - no it is privileged intelligence material. Any other sources well these 12 that took part in October 7th. Err and that's it so jolly well go and defund the UN agency that is responsible for administering humanitarian aid to 2 million now intensively suffering people starved of shelter,food and medicine whilst being subject to relentless military attacks.  How pitiless must be the heart that supports this how devoid of humanity.

The most humanitarian army in the world apparently....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Morch said:

Here's what you posted:

It's a conspiracy theory.

It's a variation of Jews-Control-America antisemitic memes.

That's exactly what you did.

Deflect away.

That's not a conspiracy but a cold hard fact. Probably the most powerful lobby group in the world bar none. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIPAC

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

That's not a conspiracy but a cold hard fact. Probably the most powerful lobby group in the world bar none. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIPAC

Cold hard claim: "IPAC is probably the most powerful lobby group in the world bar none.

From your reference "AIPAC spent $3.5 million on lobbying in 2018".

Can you find for me AIPAC's position in the graph of relative US lobby spending?  If not, how do they control the US? [source]

Screenshotfrom2024-02-0513-08-41.png.d9f96ecd8d735132eb395f95171cbcbd.png

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

Cold hard claim: "IPAC is probably the most powerful lobby group in the world bar none.

From your reference "AIPAC spent $3.5 million on lobbying in 2018".

Can you find for me AIPAC's position in the graph of relative US lobby spending?  If not, how do they control the US? [source]

Screenshotfrom2024-02-0513-08-41.png.d9f96ecd8d735132eb395f95171cbcbd.png

3.5 million spend for a 17 billion outcome that's what I call a cracking return bar none. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/03/us-house-israel-aid-package-mike-johnson?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The inherent logic of this thread is UNWRA are Hamas. Who says so ? This report by Israeli intelligence services that they have shared with compliant partners. Can we see it - no it is privileged intelligence material. Any other sources well these 12 that took part in October 7th. Err and that's it so jolly well go and defund the UN agency that is responsible for administering humanitarian aid to 2 million now intensively suffering people starved of shelter,food and medicine whilst being subject to relentless military attacks.  How pitiless must be the heart that supports this how devoid of humanity.

The most humanitarian army in the world apparently....

Governments representing donor countries received the information and decided to act on it. Quite decisively. You go on and on about Israel, but fail to address the point of all them countries accepting evidence presented as reliable.

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Consult what you exactly posted on the post replied to.

It's a conspiracy theory.

Consult the post another poster replied to you, with figures.

And rethink your nonsense.

On 2/2/2024 at 4:00 PM, Brickleberry said:

The idea that we must disband (Israel's wishes) or de fund a UN agency is absolutely absurd to me.

We are the UN. It is formed from almost 200 nations that work together to solve global problems. The people in charge are elected to these positions by the UN security council - our government's ambassadors. Employees of these agencies are known to each and every contributing government, and to Israel. There is transparency and accountability.

Are people really suggesting that the world cannot be trusted?

At least one member endeavouring to stay on topic - well done! - URL below provides clarity of the size of UNWRA operations...

https://www.unrwa.org/what-we-do

Obviously UNRWA must under go a through security review by a suitable third party to identify those of it's staff supporting Hamas military and intelligence operations and take necessary action. However, IMO, in the meantime funding must still flow for UNRWA humanitarian operations throughout the region. Should the decision be made UNRWA's to be closed down in Gaza and elsewhere it will create enormous challenges for support of the millions who will be disenfranchised. One would guess it will be extremely challenging to select a suitable alternative, so likely difficult pragmatic compromise decision/s will occur.

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

At least one member endeavouring to stay on topic - well done! - URL below provides clarity of the size of UNWRA operations...

https://www.unrwa.org/what-we-do

Obviously UNRWA must under go a through security review by a suitable third party to identify those of it's staff supporting Hamas military and intelligence operations and take necessary action. However, IMO, in the meantime funding must still flow for UNRWA humanitarian operations throughout the region. Should the decision be made UNRWA's to be closed down in Gaza and elsewhere it will create enormous challenges for support of the millions who will be disenfranchised. One would guess it will be extremely challenging to select a suitable alternative, so likely difficult pragmatic compromise decision/s will occur.

There were links posted on how things came to what they are. Apparently the disclosure was not quite planned, nor the donor countries' response expected - while the prevailing view among the IDF and other related professional bodies in Israel was that UNRWA's closure is something better left for post-war time. Seems like it was a combination of some information leak (under investigation), and then a snowball rolling - with politicians jumping on for the ride.

But for all that, it doesn't change the evidence, nor does it dispel the dramatic reaction.

Unlike you, I think it would not be that hard to replace UNRWA, post-war.

Guterres appoints independent UNRWA review panel

UN Secretary-General António Guterres on Monday appointed an independent panel to conduct an assessment of the UN agency that assists Palestine refugees, UNRWA, following accusations that several staff were involved in the 7 October attacks against Israel.  

The independent Review Group - appointed in consultation with UNRWA Commissioner-General Philippe Lazzarini - will examine whether the agency is doing everything it can to ensure neutrality and to respond to allegations of serious breaches when they arise.

It will be led by former French Foreign Minister, Catherine Colonna, who will work with three research organizations: the Raoul Wallenberg Institute in Sweden, the Chr. Michelsen Institute in Norway, and the Danish Institute for Human Rights.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/02/1146207

• Thanks 1

So we finally have the evidence - WHOOPS, there is no evidence. Israel has not provided a single piece of evidence to back up its claims, yet more proof that this far right Israeli government is lying through their back teeth.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

So we finally have the evidence - WHOOPS, there is no evidence. Israel has not provided a single piece of evidence to back up its claims, yet more proof that this far right Israeli government is lying through their back teeth.

@Brickleberry

There's one page, obviously the opening of the report shown. I doubt that the report is one page long, or that all the details would fit in one page.

Apparently, you still can't address the fact that governments of donor countries decided the evidence presented is solid, and took decisive action.

You're just running interference with bogus comments and deflections. On and on.

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

There's one page, obviously the opening of the report shown. I doubt that the report is one page long, or that all the details would fit in one page.

Apparently, you still can't address the fact that governments of donor countries decided the evidence presented is solid, and took decisive action.

You're just running interference with bogus comments and deflections. On and on.

If you had actually watched the video - and this is all over Youtube and social media now - you would know that your statement is false.

Channel 4 obtained the full 16 page intelligence dossier that was supposed to contain evidence of UNRWA employees working for Hamas. It contained no evidence for any of Israels claims. Keep on deflecting buddy, it ain't working. The world sees what is happening.

I can address your point. There is no evidence. Nothing. We finally have the documents that all those other countries received. Is it my fault that those governments are so biased they will flatly believe anything that Israel says? No. Governments around the world are increasingly isolating themselves from the wishes of their general populations. 

You can keep your head in the sand if you wish. You can continue to defend the indefensible if you wish. The evidence has been found out to be total horse💩

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

If you had actually watched the video - and this is all over Youtube and social media now - you would know that your statement is false.

Channel 4 obtained the full 16 page intelligence dossier that was supposed to contain evidence of UNRWA employees working for Hamas. It contained no evidence for any of Israels claims. Keep on deflecting buddy, it ain't working. The world sees what is happening.

I can address your point. There is no evidence. Nothing. We finally have the documents that all those other countries received. Is it my fault that those governments are so biased they will flatly believe anything that Israel says? No. Governments around the world are increasingly isolating themselves from the wishes of their general populations. 

You can keep your head in the sand if you wish. You can continue to defend the indefensible if you wish. The evidence has been found out to be total horse💩

Are they going to reemploy the Hamas terrorists they sacked then. Has the investigation finished? Thought not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

@Brickleberry

I have. Apparently you have not paid attention. Other than the supposed first page of the report, there's nothing else disclosed. My statement is not 'false' other than in your imagination.

If, as you say, 'the world sees what is happening' how come them governments suspended their donations? Did any of them changes their decision? Did any of them step forward and say the evidence presented is not solid enough?

You do not address the point at all.

There is no 'we'. You do not speak for much of a 'we', if that. You do not have 'the documents', you got a short report, with claims, and not much to support it.

As for your nonsense about government being 'biased' - these are the same governments that funded UNRWA for years. Want to rethink that? You're just making stuff up - and not addressing the point made in any reasonable manner.

A whole lot of hot air, that's what you offer.

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 2:58 PM, Morch said:

As for your nonsense about government being 'biased' - these are the same governments that funded UNRWA for years. Want to rethink that? You're just making stuff up - and not addressing the point made in any reasonable manner.

The report clearly states that it is the full 16 page 'intelligence dossier'. Quite why they called it an intelligence dossier is beyond me, it contains no intelligence. So if anyone is just 'making things up' then I am afraid the empirical evidence points to Israel... again. They have been found out to be lying. You can try to distract us away from the point that there is 'nothing to see here'... but we know better.

The US has consistently said the allegations are plausible, yet they are unable to be verified. Why is that? Oh, because is there is no evidence.

Furthermore, if you had watched the video, it states that Israel vetted each and every UNRWA worker a few months prior to the attack - in May. Israel signed off on each and every worker. So is Israel incompetent, or is it lying? We can now see that it is indeed lying again.

I will use 'we' to refer to normal human beings as many times as i like. we we we we we. If we can't acknowledge the truth when it is literally in front of our eyes, then we have issues. we we we we we.

Edited by Rimmer
Troll flame removed
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1