Biden plans for retaliatory strikes against Iranian targets in Syria and Iraq.

Social Media

4 hours ago, Arindos said:

Hamas is basically a front for Palestine. You would never have said "United Russia" and not "Russia", or whatever party that the president of Ukraine subscribes to vs "Ukraine". 

Hamas is not 'a front for Palestine' (regardless of what you even meant by that). Nothing to do with Russia or Ukraine. Hamas is a Palestinian faction. It does not encompass all Palestinians.

Hamas is representative of Gaza and supported by Palestine. Hamas equals Gaza and wants to equal Palestine.

Hamas rules Gaza. Whether it 'represents' Gaza is another question. Supported by 'Palestine', how? Just above you claimed Hamas and Palestine are the same. The PA does not 'support' Hamas, but is its political rival. There weren't elections held for many years, so all this talk about who represents whom etc. is a bit off mark.

I think it is acceptable to say Hamas equals Palestine in the context of the war. Hamas is trying to represent Palestine and most Palestinians support it, and furthermore all the reasons behind the war are about Palestine and not Hamas.

It is not 'acceptable', and most governments, media outlets do not use this formula. Not in the context of the war, or otherwise. Hamas gets a surge in popular support whenever there's fighting going on (it usually dissipates and returns to 'normal' levels in time). Generally speaking, Hamas does not command a majority support (nor does the PA). What the reasons for war may be, they aren't reasons for mislabeling relevant factions.

Also, this is not very central to the topic at hand.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Biden continues to escalate conflicts around the world.

It's almost like it's an election year.

So protecting an Allie’s flanks and protecting shipping being attacked by basically pirates (along with other nations navy’s) translates to escalation in your mind???what’s the alternative???abandion our ally Israel???abandon international shipping to political pirates? Sorry but it’s exactly what irans Allie’s are earning when the hammer drops I hope it is overwhelming 

• Like 1

American troops have been stationed around the world for decades.  This is done to protect US interests.  And also to have defensive  positions in the event of an attack against the United States. American troops being stationed around the world have nothing to do specifically with Biden.  If this were the case.  Then you can blame many American Presidents.  
As for the extreme case of using these troops to protect our borders.  There is a specific act controlling the the use of federal troops for domestic purposes. I will paste it at the end.
.  I believe Biden he is the lesser of two evils compared to Trump.  But do I personally believe Biden is a strong, effective President.  No I do not.  
 Posse Comitatus Act bars federal troops from participating in civilian law enforcement except when expressly authorized by law. This 143-year-old law embodies an American tradition that sees military interference in civilian affairs as a threat to both democracy and personal liberty. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 1:34 PM, BangkokHank said:

Another case of Israel luring the US into fighting its enemies. The US military has NO business being in the Middle East. It should be at home, protecting America's own borders against the ongoing invasion.

Your first 2 sentences I can agree. But l then it is extremely confusing.

Who is invading??

Here the common sense definition:

verb (used with object),in·vad·ed, in·vad·ing. to enter forcefully as an enemy; go into with hostile intent: Germany invaded Poland in 1939. to enter like an enemy: Locusts invaded the fields.

Did I miss something? Or Biden keeps something secretly? Covered up?

I suppose you will enlighten this forum, won't you?🙏

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Your first 2 sentences I can agree. But l then it is extremely confusing.

Who is invading??

Here the common sense definition:

verb (used with object),in·vad·ed, in·vad·ing. to enter forcefully as an enemy; go into with hostile intent: Germany invaded Poland in 1939. to enter like an enemy: Locusts invaded the fields.

Did I miss something? Or Biden keeps something secretly? Covered up?

I suppose you will enlighten this forum, won't you?🙏

Really? Have you not noticed the millions of military-aged men flooding across the southern US border since Biden was installed as President?

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

Really? Have you not noticed the millions of military-aged men flooding across the southern US border since Biden was installed as President?

Are they military?

• Like 1