Paranoia or is it just me ?

5 hours ago, Denim said:

Smoking is not physically addictive. 

However , it can be habitual and the habit can cause a mild dependency. 

I also smoked daily for about 17 years.

Had to give it up as too risky here in the past.

Now I could start up again at 66 but I have to ask myself , is it a good habit to have or a not so good one ?

I decided on the latter as my life here is so unstressful and chill that I don't  really need to partake again. Also, in the past , whatever delivery method I tried it always made my heart race. Since I am now older, I think my heart will be better off without it. Certainly don't  miss it or crave it like I used to.

It really is a personal choice. Just do what you feel most comfortable  with.

Sound words and my wife hates it and would give me so much grief it's not worth it. To my younger stoner self the current situation in Thailand would be paradise.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

Are you high now.. because I find this post hard to understand 

Err no but I'm tapping this out on a tablet rather than a desktop so there are a few punctuation issues probably degrading it's readability. Or it maybe you as well ?

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 3:07 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

I smoked and dealt in an amateur fashion it must be said from the age of 17 to 38 when I decided enough was enough and knocked it and cigarettes on the head. Never regretted it for many reasons not least my health,wealth and the fact it made me happy doing eff all. The typical stoner. On the few occasions I've had a toke since I've really not enjoyed it, for one it knocked me out in social situations where I would rather be social and the other was a rampant paranoia often centred around why the hell am I doing it again. Is this normal or is it just me ?

my experience  was exactly the was identical to yours. I occasionally smoked in my youth, mostly cigarettes but occasionally weed.  

I gave up cigarette in my late 20s and never smoked another one again , I am now 66.  

Probably one of the best things I did for myself not only healthwise but also from an economic point of view, At the time cigarettes cost over $10 a pack,. a pack a day equates to 365 packs a year and a total spend of $3,650 . at that cost if I had continued smoking I would had spend $138. 700 

And I gave up smoking weed because I grew up, had a family and responsibilities. 

My career took of when I gave up smoking weed. Can't tell if it was because I stopped smoking, or because it was the change in attitude that caused me to stop smoking that was also conducive to the responsibility nessacery for a successful career 

I was in a car commuting with a couple of friend of mine and they light up, It was the end of the day so I thought. What the hell" and had some.  They are acting stupid, It might be fun if I got a bit stupid myself. 

I hated it. It ruined the rest of my day.  and I never tried it again.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks for all the replies they are very interesting. My wife is with me all the time we are over here  (3 months) so I  don't get any time to myself and she doesn't approve so that's it. We've been very happily married now for over 22 years now and  I was dabbling in various things when we met so she put me on the straight and narrow so it wouldn't be good to risk it all for a kick she wouldn't share. You can't have it all sniffing coke from a hookers cracķ will have to remain just that happy memories !

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

I'm reading some comments here from people saying how giving up smoking cannabis is about growing up, being responsible, being more productive, etc. I can say the same exact things about cigarettes, alcohol, pain killers, or any other dependency forming and/or mind altering chemical that people gravitate towards. 

I find cannabis to be the opposite for me though. As I get older I find that my thoughts about the world have naturally become more negative, cynical, jaded, judgmental or whatever you want to call it and something that can safely counter balance some of these kinds of thoughts is a welcome entry. 

Thus, adding cannabis back into my life has helped to reverse some of that effect. It seems to have made me happier, less tense, have less anxiety, etc. All good. It's also brought me back towards the more carefree feeling that I had when I was younger. Plus, I am also at an age now where I am not trying to be as productive and am more interested in enjoying life. 

There is also a difference between using a bit of it at night to relax (when the day is done) and to sparking up first thing in the morning, then continuing it throughout the day and letting it set the tone of things for the rest of the day.   

So I only see positives to it, when used at the right time, but I guess it all comes down to mindset and perspective and to each his/her own. 

That's a really nice way to explain that we all need a bit of sparkle and positive time out from the melee. I've never seen stoners causing public order problems either. Use to do a lot of Amsterdam runs with a group of mates back in the day and we had some brilliant times in the coffee shops. When we were done we would gently sway out laughing away before finding somewhere to crash and continue the vibe. Nothing like a boozed up group would be. One afternoon though I was convinced that the ducks in the Vondelpark were speaking Dutch and convinced the rest of my mates too. That and going round the Van Gogh museum wearing the headsets I remarked to a mate that the ducks were telling me to slash the paintings. We corpsed so much as a group we were asked to leave being gently led away in hysterics. They like Queen Victoria were not amused.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Oh I have drunk these 19 baht cannabis drinks you can buy at 7 11 before going to bed and am convinced that I have had good dreams and no hangover. Do they actually work ?

Lol, there are probably as many cannabinoids in those drinks as there are in your hemp-made backpack. But surely they are loaded with sugar and possibly a bit of caffeine. Just like 9 out of 10 of the dozens of different drinks in 7-11, all competing using some gimmick to get that same 30 Baht out of your wallet. 

I remember when "green tea" first became the new herbal rage in Thailand. It became impossible to buy anything "without" green tea in it, not even toilet paper!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

There would be less wars if the attitude was I can't be arsed but then the Internet wouldn't have been invented either and I wouldn't be having this pointless conversation. Maybe I should fight the paranoia and smoke it anyway ! 

It is a valid point.