METV effectively rescinded at Don Mueang

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Not saying it's correct attitude from the immigration officer however think your issue is that you have a good option since you are 60+

Have you ever had a non O? 

Everyone refers to "retirement visa" 

In actual fact is a non O with annual extensions and the requirement is age 50+. 

I haven't - yet. I did consider this pre-Covid but the pandemic changed things and I continued to work. I guess it is the only option now so I will pursue it.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Please post a photo of this note, they don't always (ok, rarely) say what the offictells you they do, obviously remove any identifying data.

Well, it is written in English so I can tell you exactly what it says. 🙂

"Next time need apply non-immigrant visa".

She also spent about five minutes typing something on my record, and I got pic and fingerprints taken again.

• Haha 1

Just get a non imm o based on retirement, avoid the drama and stress. First 15 months 30k incl multi re-entry permit, subsequent year 12,500 + re-entry permits.

If you have the financials it's a lot cheaper but more dramas

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Orient Express said:

"Next time need apply non-immigrant visa".

In my earlier post I suggested that the OP (in her mind) was wanting most suitable visa and that would be a non O based on retirement and not a tourist visa.

Frankly I do not believe that the io wrote that phrase into pp.

Screenshot will do just fine. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just get a non imm o based on retirement, avoid the drama and stress. First 15 months 30k incl multi re-entry permit, subsequent year 12,500 + re-entry permits.

If you have the financials it's a lot cheaper but more dramas

Yes, I will via an agent. I will be able to provide the funds but need to open a bank account.

8 minutes ago, Orient Express said:

Yes, I will via an agent. I will be able to provide the funds but need to open a bank account.

Agent for opening an account is about 5k including bogus insurance, if you put the 800k in ASAP then easy to do the next steps yourself, otherwise agent will still charge 20k+ probably 

2 minutes ago, khunjake said:

If they didn’t actually cancel the visa, then it is still valid. Perhaps try suwannaboom next time. 

The problem is I don't know what she wrote into my record. She did say categorically that I couldn't re-enter as a tourist, so I don't think I'd risk it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Agent for opening an account is about 5k including bogus insurance, if you put the 800k in ASAP then easy to do the next steps yourself, otherwise agent will still charge 20k+ probably 

I think I'll take the hit - I just want to get it over and done with, preferably over the next three weeks so that I can stick to my original travel plans.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, khunjake said:

If they didn’t actually cancel the visa, then it is still valid. Perhaps try suwannaboom next time. 

If a remark is in the passport, or computer, Suvarnabhumi IOs will act (out) the same. (Talking from experience.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It's ambiguous, because "next time need apply non-immigrant visa" doesn't mean this METV is not still valid for entries until its expiry date in April unless it was canceled.

Fair enough. I never heard of a METV questioned either, so maybe just rogue IOs at Don Muang. Suvarnabhumi may let it go, but who knows...

20 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

You've really got to admire the logic. You have the TAT spending many millions trying to attract tourists to Thailand. Then you have the RTP making it really difficult for a tourist who paid for a valid VISA and has been travelling within the terms of its issue.

Yes, it doesn't make sense. IOs at the two Bangkok airports were even out to deny people at the beginning of the pandemic when tourist numbers started to decline. Perhaps, every tourist who was declined should write a protest letter to the TAT. After a hundred, or so, perhaps the IOs will, at least, have to give a valid reason for this.

• Confused 1