Macha Bucha day

Deserted

As I understand it, the bars (and similar) should be closed from midnight Friday 23rd until midnight Saturday 24th. Alcohol sales are not allowed on Saturday 24th. Monday 26th will be a holiday in lieu (as the 24th is a Saturday). However, alcohol sales are permissible on Monday 26th. 

• Agree 2

Bar/restaurant I go to in Bangkok will be dry on 24th but from midnight, will be still open and then serving alcohol on the stroke of midnight in time for sports kick-off in Europe.

Edited by soi3eddie

16 hours ago, Keeps said:

As I understand it, the bars (and similar) should be closed from midnight Friday 23rd until midnight Saturday 24th. Alcohol sales are not allowed on Saturday 24th. Monday 26th will be a holiday in lieu (as the 24th is a Saturday). However, alcohol sales are permissible on Monday 26th. 

My birthday is 25th... Thank Buddha for small mercies... :partytime2:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My birthday is 25th... Thank Buddha for small mercies... :partytime2:

You got lucky there. 👍 I return to Thailand on the evening of the 24th after a couple of months away. Looks like I'm going to have to wait until the 25th for my first cold one. 

Enjoy your birthday. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Bar/restaurant I go to in Bangkok will be dry on 24th but from midnight, will be still open and then serving alcohol on the stroke of midnight in time for sports kick-off in Europe.

Yea, a lot of them open on the 24th and after midnight on the 23rd  Last call on the 23 is usually buy a few, and on the 24th until midnight, all non-alcohol drinks are sold.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Keeps said:

You got lucky there. 👍 I return to Thailand on the evening of the 24th after a couple of months away. Looks like I'm going to have to wait until the 25th for my first cold one. 

Enjoy your birthday. 

Enjoy your cold one.. or three.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2024 at 8:44 PM, Deserted said:

Hi there, I am hearing that Saturday Feb 24th is macha bucha day and the sale of alcohol is forbidden. Is this true just for that day or the next day also?

Yes no alcohol sales for 24 hours