Apparently, your stolen phone is just the start of your problems.

On 2/6/2024 at 9:58 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed... I think many of us are banking on the likelihood of a 'lost phone' getting into the hands of an advaned hacker before we can wipe it to be extremely slim.

Then of course there is 'vigilance'... I too never leave my phone out of the surface (in a busy area and never leave my phone unattended).

There is still a risk of loss etc (i.e. if properly pished up and it slips out of my pocket in a taxi - but that has never happened).

Or don't do any phone banking and carry cash

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Or don't do any phone banking and carry cash

How would you buy an onward ticket if you needed one to get on your airplane?  Or book a hotel room if you changed plans enroute?  I've even had to change my dining plans because the food joint didn't take cash and I can't (or won't) pay by QR code.

Edited by impulse

My problem is just that I have to buy another inexpensive phone, because I only use it as a phone, because I should use it for other purposes even if I sometimes use the calculator which disappeared with the new Samsung update, who knows why they considered it useless it was the most useful app on my phone to compare prices.

If tomorrow there is no more internet for any reason, war, etc. no problem for me, but for someone here reading their comments their real problems really begin.

• Haha 1

Don't use apps.

Don't save account numbers and/or passwords in your browser. 

Erase your history when the browser closes 

Don't bookmark your financial institutions 

Always use a VPN (nothing to do with a lost phone, but very important. 

Did I mention "don't use apps"?