Got the Tax ID Number last year but no income from Thailand. What I need to do?

I have non o visa and I stay over 180 days in Thailand. I got the TIN last year and I guess I need to file some form (is it online or office?). I did not have any income in Thailand so what I need to do?

Thanks for the help.

1 minute ago, Topah said:

I have non o visa and I stay over 180 days in Thailand. I got the TIN last year and I guess I need to file some form (is it online or office?). I did not have any income in Thailand so what I need to do?

Thanks for the help.

My unofficial advice is to do nothing this year, although that depends on what income you have brought into Thailand last year and when it was earned. If I were you I'd just wait to see what new announcement's, if any, are forthcoming from the Revenue.

Next year you may have to file a tax return but that depends on what income you bring into Thailand, from overseas and from within Thailand. In the meantime, you might want to read this:

• Thumbs Up 1

If you haven't already done so go to your bank(s), give them your Thai tax ID card and ask them to stop withholding tax from your interest payments.  Some posters (including me) have successfully stopped that withholding and some have not.  If you have no other income then you won't have to bother filing a tax form to get a refund of those withholdings.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

If you have no other income then you won't have to bother filing a tax form to get a refund of those withholdings.

Unless these exceed 60,000 THB in a given tax year.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, OJAS said:

Unless these exceed 60,000 THB in a given tax year.

Even when you had arround 400'000 Baht interest, which would be about 60'000 tax deduction, it's still worth to claim it back!

With an income of 400'000 Baht from Interest the income tax would be about 4'500 baht. which would lead to still gain more than 55'000 Baht!

Sorry, I read it wrong first, I was thinking you answer was to me 🙂 

Of course I always would fill a tax form, as it's mostly better with income from interest.

Edited by HampiK
change because of wrong reading