Obtaining a Thai marriage visa in USA?

I've got my 400K in Thai bank but it still needs to season for 7 more weeks before I can apply for a marriage visa, and I need to go to the US for 2-3 months starting end of this month. Been here as a tourist last 5 months so I'd rather not have to come back so soon on another 30-day visa exempt and need to show my return airline proof of onward transit and then maybe also get an eyebrow raise from IO at Swampy.

So my hope was to return to Thailand with a marriage visa from the embassy in New York, but everything I found in an online search is about applying for this visa when the applicant is already in Thailand. For one thing, getting the bank paperwork seems like needs to be done in person on the same day as application. Still I'm wondering if it's possible to apply for a marriage visa through an embassy outside Thailand? Maybe can be done with wife as power of attorney to get the bank paperwork in Thailand then email it over to submit in online application through the embassy? I logged into Thailand's e-visa website and it does appear possible to apply for a Non-Imm O through it, although even with a TR visa that process usually brings unwelcome surprises. 

26 minutes ago, dluek said:

Thanks. What about the "bank letter stating the money has been deposited for not less than 2 months"? Or is that only needed for the extension as well?

That is an extension of stay requirement.

• Like 1

You apply for a 90 day non-o in the US, then when back in Thailand apply for extension based on marriage (earliest 45 days before expiryof the visa). You need the documents, bank letter and statement, photos from you and wife taken at your home, and a witness (neighbour). During the one month "under consideration" period the immigration officer will visit your house. All of this can only be done when in Thailand. Also note there is no marriage visa, only an extension of stay based on marriage. 

3 hours ago, Thalueng said:

You apply for a 90 day non-o in the US, then when back in Thailand apply for extension based on marriage (earliest 45 days before expiryof the visa). You need the documents, bank letter and statement, photos from you and wife taken at your home, and a witness (neighbour). During the one month "under consideration" period the immigration officer will visit your house. All of this can only be done when in Thailand. Also note there is no marriage visa, only an extension of stay based on marriage. 

Thanks. When you say I need the bank letter, you mean for the visa application in the US or the extension application while in Thailand, or both? Because the previous poster said the bank letter is only needed for extension and I can initially get the Non-O in the US with only a bank statement as far as financial paperwork goes.