Asia direct condition?

proton

Had them for the past 2 years now its renewal time. They say we now have to buy the road tax from them at the same time as taking out the insurance. We renewed the road in Nov so I'm not buying it again, also I'm pretty sure you can only do that at the land office and has nothing to do with insurance, other than they wont provide the road tax without seeing the car insurance. I think the mrs has got this mixed up and she is not talking about the road tax at all but part of the insurance, there always seems to be 2 parts to that. Anyone had this with Asia Direct?

I do not insure through Asia Direct but I had a similar problem with AXA.

Due to a screw up on my part, anniversary dates for road tax and comprehensive insurance were different.

To obtain road tax, you must show the 3rd party compulsory insurance, so I paid that when I got the 'MOT'.

But AXA automatically also charges the compulsory insurance.

Eventually, I received a refund with the help of the agent.

Sorry if this does not help.

21 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I do not insure through Asia Direct but I had a similar problem with AXA.

Due to a screw up on my part, anniversary dates for road tax and comprehensive insurance were different.

To obtain road tax, you must show the 3rd party compulsory insurance, so I paid that when I got the 'MOT'.

But AXA automatically also charges the compulsory insurance.

Eventually, I received a refund with the help of the agent.

Sorry if this does not help.

Our dates were the same until an insurance company went bust meaning the new policy was 3 months after the road tax renewal, was not a problem last year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, proton said:

Our dates were the same until an insurance company went bust meaning the new policy was 3 months after the road tax renewal, was not a problem last year.

I've used Direct Asia for many years and have never encountered this. My last renewal was a couple of months ago but the tax isn't due until April and they didn't ask or require me to do that through them.
There is the compulsory government insurance which they add to their insurance. If you later renew the road tax in person, you need to submit the slip for the compulsory insurance from the policy document. If you renew your road tax online, it will have been automatically recorded in the database.  

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Thanks 1