Israeli Soldier Videos from Gaza Raise International Law Concerns

Social Media

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, agree.

But if someone writes (probably hundreds of) posts criticizing people who criticize Israel, but in not even one of those posts he acknowledges that there are a lot of valid reasons why people do that, then it seems he is very one sided and doesn't want to accept that not only one side is responsible for the fights and the killings.

Personally I see that there are people who make the situation worse on both sides. The big difference is that Israel has a lot more weapons and the support from the USA. Israel kills a lot more innocent people than Hamas. 

This topic is not about him and there you go again. The difference being Hamas tortures and murders innocent civilians with intent, it particularly enjoys murdering Jews. The IDF go after Hamas who puts innocent civilians in the way as human shields. The IDF does not murder Gaza civilians.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This topic is not about him and there you go again. The difference being Hamas tortures and murders innocent civilians with intent, it particularly enjoys murdering Jews. The IDF go after Hamas who puts innocent civilians in the way as human shields. The IDF does not murder Gaza civilians.

Maybe you should have a look at some of those videos where Israeli soldiers do exactly that.

I am sure not all Israeli soldiers do that all the time. But at least some Israeli soldiers do this sometimes. 

And let's not forget: Hamas is a terror organization. The IDF is the official military of a democratic country. That makes it worse, a lot worse. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

The main cause of Israel being in Gaza is because on Oct 7th Palestian terrorists entered Israel and began killing Israeli civilians in the most gruesome manner any normal human beings would find abhorrent, Israel has a total responsibility to its citizens that these barbaric loathsome beasts never are given another chance to repeat these horrendous acts of terror!

You won the price by starting history on that day. Maybe look back a few months. Or years. Or decades. Then maybe you understand that it's not that easy to blame just one side. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Morch said:

I've no idea what you're on about. But that's not unusual with your posts.

I was attempting to show how millions of innocent jews , zionist and Israeli through out history have been murdered similarly to what Hamas has done on Oct 7 .

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Can you blame Israel for just being there ?

Israel exists and Hamas committed an act  of terrorism .

If Israel wasn't there, then the terrorism wouldn't have happened 

How about: If they would be two separate countries then there might be a chance of living in peace in the same area.

And if that would have happened decades ago, then the current situation would probably be better. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maybe you should have a look at some of those videos where Israeli soldiers do exactly that.

Provide a link to Israeli soldiers doing exactly that which was: "tortures and murders innocent civilians with intent, it particularly enjoys murdering Jews." While your at it, provide some links to IDF taking hostages and posting vile videos of them online where they are forced to repeat Hamas propaganda

I read in reputable media that there are videos like that on TikTok and other platforms.

I won't search for the videos, and I won't want to watch them.

I am sure if you want to, you will be able to find them. 

• Sad 1

There is no justification for the atrocities committed on the 7th Oct, none 

I see it like this:

Should Hamas have done what they did on 7th October? No.

Do I understand why they did it? Yes.

Do I understand why Israel is now fighting in Gaza? Yes

Do I understand if Palestinians won't forget what is happening now and fight another day? Yes.

History repeats itself.

One big problem is obviously that people on both sides can point at the other side and say: They killed my friends and family.

And then they should not retaliate. But if they do it, I understand why they do it.

And this logic works for many conflicts which go on for decades. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I get the sense that the tide is turning on Israel because of the vile things shown in videos. Apart from the US whose population is shielded from this sort of reporting by omission and by censorship requested from the White House.

I do hope many of the IDF will die in Gaza or will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law by the ICJ. And I do hope that Netanyahu and his cronies and as many this government's officials will be prosecuted for their commands, or their support of these genocidal actions. 

But whatever happens Israel has lost the PR war and their next slaughter will be more difficult, even the sheltered US public are slowly turning against this monstrous Israel. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I see it like this:

Do I understand if Palestinians won't forget what is happening now and fight another day? Yes.

History repeats itself.

One big problem is obviously that people on both sides can point at the other side and say: They killed my friends and family.

And then they should not retaliate. But if they do it, I understand why they do it.

I don't care how you see it. The reality is there is no justification.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read in reputable media that there are videos like that on TikTok and other platforms.

I won't search for the videos, and I won't want to watch them.

I am sure if you want to, you will be able to find them. 

Yes of course you did

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So you decide what reality is. Interesting.

There is only one reality:

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres:

“In the beginning of my intervention yesterday, I clearly stated – and I quote: ‘I have condemned unequivocally the horrifying and unprecedented 7 October acts of terror by Hamas in Israel. Nothing can justify the deliberate killing, injuring and kidnapping of civilians – or the launching of rockets against civilian targets.’”

“Indeed, I spoke of the grievances of the Palestinian people and in doing so, I also clearly stated, and I quote: ‘But the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas.’”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/i-said-palestinian-grievances-cant-justify-hamas-assault-un-chief-hits-back-at-israel/

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I see it like this:

History repeats itself.

Do I understand why they did it? Yes

That is one sick reply!

• Thumbs Up 1

Provide a link to Israeli soldiers doing exactly that which was: "tortures and murders innocent civilians with intent, it particularly enjoys murdering Jews." While your at it, provide some links to IDF taking hostages and posting vile videos of them online where they are forced to repeat Hamas propaganda

• Confused 2

39 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about: If they would be two separate countries then there might be a chance of living in peace in the same area.

And if that would have happened decades ago, then the current situation would probably be better. 

Is it Israel's fault that the Palestinians rejected statehood ?

Israel accepted the two state solution and Palestinians rejected a two state solution, because they want the whole land for themselves and no Israel 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

It shows the deaths of Hamas terrorists actually, not that they should do that but its not civilians.

The IDF Operations Directorate's Influencing Department, which is responsible for psychological warfare operations against the enemy and foreign audiences, operates a Telegram channel called 72 Virgins – Uncensored, which targets Israeli audiences and shows the bodies of Hamas terrorists with the promise of "shattering the terrorists' fantasy."

The channel, which boasts of "exclusive content from the Gaza Strip" and has published over 700 posts, images and videos of terrorists being killed 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/security-aviation/2023-12-12/ty-article/.premium/graphic-videos-and-incitement-how-the-idf-is-misleading-israelis-on-telegram/0000018c-5ab5-df2f-adac-febd01c30000

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There is only one reality:

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres:

“In the beginning of my intervention yesterday, I clearly stated – and I quote: ‘I have condemned unequivocally the horrifying and unprecedented 7 October acts of terror by Hamas in Israel. Nothing can justify the deliberate killing, injuring and kidnapping of civilians – or the launching of rockets against civilian targets.’”

“Indeed, I spoke of the grievances of the Palestinian people and in doing so, I also clearly stated, and I quote: ‘But the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas.’”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/i-said-palestinian-grievances-cant-justify-hamas-assault-un-chief-hits-back-at-israel/

U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres’ comment that the deadly Hamas attack on southern Israel “did not happen in a vacuum,”

UN chief's comment that Hamas attack 'did not happen in a vacuum' outrages Israeli officials | Fortune

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres’ comment that the deadly Hamas attack on southern Israel “did not happen in a vacuum,”

UN chief's comment that Hamas attack 'did not happen in a vacuum' outrages Israeli officials | Fortune

Yes exactly, then the next day he added the following update that I posted. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Do I understand why they did it? Yes

That is one sick reply!

Really?

Understanding is not the same as agreeing or saying I would do the same.

I.e. if a person raped the daughter of person X, then I understand when person X retaliates and kills or tortures the rapist - even a long time after the crime happened.

Should he do it? No. Is what he does legal? Probably not. Do I understand it? Yes. 

There are lots of reasons for Palestinians to hate Israel and Israelis. Many Palestinians lost friends and family who were killed by Israeli soldiers. Should they use that as a reason to kill Israelis? No. But we shouldn't pretend that they have no reasons. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, that has been posted numerous times and been discussed numerous times , its getting rather reparative  and just going around in circles

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, that has been posted numerous times and been discussed numerous times , its getting rather reparative  and just going around in circles

But it's true. 

When some people pretend history started on the 7th of October that is plain wrong. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

I.e. if a person raped the daughter of person X, then I understand when person X retaliates and kills or tortures the rapist - even a long time after the crime happened.

Should he do it? No. Is what he does legal? Probably not. Do I understand it? Yes. 

There are lots of reasons for Palestinians to hate Israel and Israelis. Many Palestinians lost friends and family who were killed by Israeli soldiers. Should they use that as a reason to kill Israelis? No. But we shouldn't pretend that they have no reasons. 

So, if you think that because Palestinians  have suffered at the hands of the Israels and that justifies their Oct 7 th attack .

Then Israeli suffering at the hands of the Palestinians   justifies Israel's attack on Gaza ?

You cannot have it both ways , either both acts are justified or they are not . 

Or are you sating that Palestinians  can respond to hardships and Israel cannot respond to hardships?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But it's true. 

When some people pretend history started on the 7th of October that is plain wrong. 

No one is claiming that history started on Oct 7 th though , everyone knows that there were previous hostilities prior to Oct 7 th

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

Well let me educate you, the crimes that these beastial cowards committed will never be understood by people with one ounce of intelligence, I am so glad that you understand it!

• Thanks 1