Thai pink ID card for foreigners in Phuket.

up2you2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

On the back of the card (point #3) it states: "The person named on the card is prohibited from leaving the card issuing area, except for those with alien identification, or a person who has written permission'....

Our 'alien identification' is our Passport...      for anyone with a passport and also a Pink-ID there is no limitation on travel.

That's not what I remember being written on the back. Do you have a photo?

So you are saying the pink card isn't 'alien identification'. That's what I said. 

Defeats the purpose if you go to another province, you must take your passport along with your pink ID card. 

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Wrong - you repeatedly peddle this lie too...

- Banks have issued me with letters for Immigration, when presenting my pink ID as identification.

- Banks have permitted 'in bank transactions' when presenting my pink ID as identification.

Note: in this case the account was opened with Yellow Book and Pink ID.permitted transaction.

Is your name written in English or Thai on your bank account? If English, they by law have to see your passport. If Thai, don't they have to translate for immigration?

I mean transactions outside the bank. 

I find it very odd that the bank can write a letter to immigration about you, without having your passport number. 

On 2/21/2024 at 5:21 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Oh no…. Here we go again… 

… over to you ‘Neeranam’ !!! 🫣

And now we all know why I posted the above comment...     

... because Neeranam always posts misleading information about the Pink ID... 

He seems to think, or rather projects, that foreigners who have this Pink ID believe they are special or carry themselves with an air of superiority... (something like that anyway)...     Perhaps he encountered and idiot Westerner who has behaved like this and it annoyed him,  it is possibly this which has tainted his opinion of the Pink ID card and he has since gone down the rabbit hole of pooh-poohing the pink ID whenever the topic pops up.

But...  He always posts the same inaccuracies regardless of how many times he is told he is posting false information. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That's not what I remember being written on the back. Do you have a photo?

So you are saying the pink card isn't 'alien identification'. That's what I said. 

Defeats the purpose if you go to another province, you must take your passport along with your pink ID card. 

So you are posting comments without knowing...  (photo below).

Of course the Pink ID isn't Alien Identification - Alien identification is issued by an overseas entity.

Nope, it doesn't defeat the purpose at all - the Pink ID adds a layer of convince which is well documented on this forum. I don't carry my passport around in my Wallet, the Pink ID is convenient.

Whenever leaving the province, I take my passport with me anyway, always have, always will as we may need to prove our Immigration Status... 

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 07.29.01.png

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is your name written in English or Thai on your bank account? If English, they by law have to see your passport. If Thai, don't they have to translate for immigration?

I mean transactions outside the bank. 

I find it very odd that the bank can write a letter to immigration about you, without having your passport number. 

The accounts are Opened with my name in English, but registered to the ID number on my Yellow House Book and Pink ID.

No translations needed for immigration. 

Regarding translations outside of the Bank - the only translation outside of a Bank I have ever needed are:

- Freedom of affirmation to Marry.

- Translation of my an Embassy verified copy of my Passport.

Thus - the pink ID comment is completely moot on this point.

• Confused 1

I've no idea why you are so emotional and irrational about the Foreigner ID card. 

Yes, it has some uses, but no more than a Thai DL has, ie can get into a hotel or on a domestic flight. 

There are many Thais, like ones on your bank that confuse the Pink ID card for expats with the pink ID card for migrant workers, which also acts as a Work Permit -  totally different and this is mandatory. Yes, you'll get some services that you shouldn't as they are confuse  and think you are a Burmese labourer or Loatian Maid. 

It even says on the back -  this is NOT a Thai ID card. If it was, you could show it to immigration but they do NOT accept it as any kind of Thai ID.

I've done a comprehensive search in Thai about this pink ID card and there is only official  information for the migrant workers who have it. Prove me wrong -  show me an official Government site saying that this card, for non-migrant worker alien is official. 

For migrant workers, it is official and you can find information here -

https://mwgthailand.org/sites/default/files/2023-08/exksarkhxngaerngngankhamchati-aelakarcang.pdf

I've obviously some knowledge about the Nationality and other relevant Acts, going through the naturalization process and it says that ALL aliens need an alien certificate. 

Around 2015, there was a French lawyer in Isarn who demanded he get some kind of card, thinking falsely that it  would give him some rights, which it doesn't, and they gave him an altered, unofficial pink card. Then lots of farang jumped on the bandwagon asking for these things. Again, they are not officially recognized but often you'l  get away with certain transactions like at the bank otr perhaps getting into a National park for the Thai discount, DESPITE the card saying in big letters that it is a NON-Thai ID card. 

You'll find that many district offices don't want to give farang these cards as imagine all the work they'd have if it was mandatory! They found a little hussle in some tourist areas where they can extort some moeny off gullible, naive tourists who think they are getting something that has some value, which it doesn't. Take the OP case, who was told he can get 20% discount at a govt hosptial, which is total BS. 

47 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Regarding translations outside of the Bank - the only translation outside of a Bank I have ever needed are:

- Freedom of affirmation to Marry.

- Translation of my an Embassy verified copy of my Passport.

Thus - the pink ID comment is completely moot on this point.

I think I said transactions outside the bank. You'll find the pink ID card won't cut it.

Seems to me many seem to argue for the sake of arguing. Anyone whose been here any length of time "Knows" that the one thing Thailand IS consistenti in is its inconsistency. We also know there are two rules often employed, one being the actual law/regulation, the other being whats applied on the day in that area.

So, technically, yes its for a specific province (generally) but in reaity, it works everywhere, is certainly my experience using it everywhere I have ever travelled here.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I've no idea why you are so emotional and irrational about the Foreigner ID card. 

I don't give two hoots about Pink ID - but repeatedly belch out false statements and outright lies because for some reason to hate it... 

... So, its these lies and false statements I am correcting and calling you out on the BS you are posting.

You've presented your argument as a mix of opinion, facts outright lies... 

Straddling your bias and lies with a fact does not make them any less of a lie or less bias.

Yes, it has some uses, but no more than a Thai DL has, ie can get into a hotel or on a domestic flight. 

There are many Thais, like ones on your bank that confuse the Pink ID card for expats with the pink ID card for migrant workers, which also acts as a Work Permit -  totally different and this is mandatory. Yes, you'll get some services that you shouldn't as they are confuse  and think you are a Burmese labourer or Loatian Maid. 

The confused one is you...   the card works in some places and you are telling official that they are wrong to accept it... 

It even says on the back -  this is NOT a Thai ID card. If it was, you could show it to immigration but they do NOT accept it as any kind of Thai ID.

Yet they do...  (numerous examples).

I've done a comprehensive search in Thai about this pink ID card and there is only official  information for the migrant workers who have it. Prove me wrong -  show me an official Government site saying that this card, for non-migrant worker alien is official. 

For migrant workers, it is official and you can find information here -

https://mwgthailand.org/sites/default/files/2023-08/exksarkhxngaerngngankhamchati-aelakarcang.pdf

Searching within your eco-chamber, have you found an official source that states the Pink ID card is not to be used by Western Foreigners ?

I've obviously some knowledge about the Nationality and other relevant Acts, going through the naturalization process and it says that ALL aliens need an alien certificate. 

So what...you know about the naturalisation process...   but you are making a lot of bias assumptions about the Pink ID, its legality and its usefulness... 

all foreginers need a passport to enter Thailand...     so ??

Around 2015, there was a French lawyer in Isarn who demanded he get some kind of card, thinking falsely that it  would give him some rights, which it doesn't, and they gave him an altered, unofficial pink card. Then lots of farang jumped on the bandwagon asking for these things. Again, they are not officially recognized but often you'l  get away with certain transactions like at the bank otr perhaps getting into a National park for the Thai discount, DESPITE the card saying in big letters that it is a NON-Thai ID card. 

Here we have it... So the French guy upset you and ever since then you hate the Pink ID because this guy thought he was special with it... 

NON-Thai ID Card = its an ID Card for Non-Thai's... 

It also states 'This is not an ID card'... which really means, this card cannot be used as an ID card in the same manner which which Thai's use their Blue Thai ID card.

You'll find that many district offices don't want to give farang these cards as imagine all the work they'd have if it was mandatory! They found a little hussle in some tourist areas where they can extort some moeny off gullible, naive tourists who think they are getting something that has some value, which it doesn't.

Another lie...

The Yellow house book is free.. the Pink ID is 40 baht...  there is no extortion or hussle of 'farangs' to get the card.

The card is clearly of value to some - I have found it useful and to date, its saved me a reasonable amount of money.

Take the OP case, who was told he can get 20% discount at a govt hosptial, which is total BS. 

Wrong... 

Sheryl also pointed out that some hosptials have multi-tier pricing and the Pink ID may be used to secure a discount from foreigner (tourist) rates.

• Haha 1