How to find phone number of an AIS Net Marathon SIM inside AIS 4G Home Wifi Modem Router?

bbi1

How to find phone number of an AIS Net Marathon SIM inside an AIS 4G Home Wifi Modem Router?

I logged into the router but can't see anywhere where it displays the phone number of the AIS SIM card. There's a SMS section and also a phonebook section, but that doesn't list anything. Anyone knows how to find out the phone number of the SIM card so I can add funds to it for when it's due for it's 12 month renewal of the existing package?

Alternatively, do I need to take it to an AIS shop and ask them to check the phone number of the SIM card?

Edited by bbi1

I think you send USSD codes via the modem's UI.

If so, *545# send will return the number associated with that SIM.

Alternatvely, pop it into your phone temporarily and send the same USSD code using the phones's dialer app.

19 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I think you send USSD codes via the modem's UI.

If so, *545# send will return the number associated with that SIM.

Alternatvely, pop it into your phone temporarily and send the same USSD code using the phones's dialer app.

I get a "Send fail" message when trying it via the modem's SMS feature. I also tried sending a SMS via the modem's SMS feature to my current AIS mobile number in my phone but same problem, I get a "Send fail" message too.

Taking out the SIM, well, it's a bigger size in the Wifi router than the size in my mobile phone. In the router it's a Micro SIM but my phone takes the smallest Nano SIM.

Edited by bbi1

24 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I get a "Send fail" message when trying it via the modem's SMS feature. I also tried sending a SMS via the modem's SMS feature to my current AIS mobile number in my phone but same problem, I get a "Send fail" message too.

Taking out the SIM, well, it's a bigger size in the Wifi router than the size in my mobile phone. In the router it's a Micro SIM but my phone takes the smallest Nano SIM.

You used the number when you registered the sim,it was also on the delivery pack.

You can also slip the nano sim from the larger Micro surround so it will fit in your phone

The sim can then be returned to the micro surround before reinstalling in router

Edited by norbra

52 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

call the number above rather than sms it

1 hour ago, norbra said:

You used the number when you registered the sim,it was also on the delivery pack.

The AIS Net Marathon SIM was given at the same time when buying the AIS 4G Home Wifi Modem Router, which was directly from the AIS shop. They did all the registration and put the SIM in the router. The pack which contained the SIM and the phone number of the SIM was thrown away, as I didn't think that I needed the phone number later on, as it was only to be used in the AIS 4G Home Wifi Modem Router.

1 hour ago, norbra said:

You can also slip the nano sim from the larger Micro surround so it will fit in your phone

The sim can then be returned to the micro surround before reinstalling in router

I think I will have to give that a try. Break out the Nano SIM out of the larger Micro SIM. Hopefully when I put it back into the Micro part, it will line up fine back in the router.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

The AIS Net Marathon SIM was given at the same time when buying the AIS 4G Home Wifi Modem Router, which was directly from the AIS shop. They did all the registration and put the SIM in the router. The pack which contained the SIM and the phone number of the SIM was thrown away, as I didn't think that I needed the phone number later on, as it was only to be used in the AIS 4G Home Wifi Modem Router.

I think I will have to give that a try. Break out the Nano SIM out of the larger Micro SIM. Hopefully when I put it back into the Micro part, it will line up fine back in the router.

What’s the model number of the router? There may be a specific USSD section. You use that, rather than SMS. 
Log in to the router, click on Advanced and then Network. Scroll down to USSD. Click on that and then enter the USSD code. 

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

What’s the model number of the router? There may be a specific USSD section. You use that, rather than SMS. 
Log in to the router, click on Advanced and then Network. Scroll down to USSD. Click on that and then enter the USSD code. 

On the back of the router it says:

Brand: RUIO

Model: S10

There is no Advanced tab after logging into the router. There's only Home, Quick Settings, Device Settings, SMS, Phonebook, Firewall & System Settings. In all those tabs there's no USSD or Network option.

Edited by bbi1

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

On the back of the router it says:

Brand: RUIO

Model: S10

There is no Advanced tab after logging into the router. There's only Home, Quick Settings, Device Settings, SMS, Phonebook, Firewall & System Settings. In all those tabs there's no USSD or Network option.

The other option is to take the SIM out of the router and to note the numbers written on it and then call AIS on 1175. Tell them you want to know your phone number. Just recite the numbers written on the SIM and they’ll be able to tell you the phone number. 

29 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

This too will work. 

21 hours ago, bbi1 said:

How to find phone number of an AIS Net Marathon SIM inside an AIS 4G Home Wifi Modem Router?

I logged into the router but can't see anywhere where it displays the phone number of the AIS SIM card. There's a SMS section and also a phonebook section, but that doesn't list anything. Anyone knows how to find out the phone number of the SIM card so I can add funds to it for when it's due for it's 12 month renewal of the existing package?

Alternatively, do I need to take it to an AIS shop and ask them to check the phone number of the SIM card?

Sorted?

17 minutes ago, NextG said:

Sorted?

Not yet. I'll get onto it in the next couple of days. It's still at least another month or so until the SIM in the router needs a topup for it's package renewal.

• Thumbs Up 1