‘We did not know’: Hamas data center directly under UNRWA Gaza City HQ

Social Media

image.png

‘We did not know’: UNRWA head says agency knew nothing about Hamas data center directly under its Gaza City HQ. 

In the latest developments surrounding the UNRWA the discovery of a Hamas data center beneath the UNRWA headquarters in Gaza, Philippe Lazzarini, the head of UNRWA, has responded with denial and called for an independent inquiry into the matter.

image.png

In a tweet following the publication of the findings, Lazzarini stated that UNRWA had no knowledge of what lay beneath its Gaza headquarters. He emphasized the need for an independent investigation, citing the challenges posed by Gaza's status as an active war zone.

image.png

Lazzarini further noted that Israel had not officially informed UNRWA about the alleged tunnel. The underground facility, uncovered by Israeli troops, reportedly housed computer servers and living quarters for Hamas operatives.

image.png

According to Lazzarini, UNRWA staff vacated the Gaza headquarters on October 12, shortly after Hamas initiated a series of attacks on southern Israel on October 7. He asserted that UNRWA had not utilized the compound since vacating it and claimed ignorance of any subsequent activities there.

Link for video below click here

image.png

Clarifying UNRWA's role, Lazzarini emphasized that the agency is focused on humanitarian efforts and lacks the expertise or capacity to conduct military inspections. He stated that any past instances of suspicious activity were promptly addressed and reported in UNRWA's annual reports to the General Assembly.

The revelation of Hamas's presence beneath the UNRWA headquarters has intensified scrutiny of the agency, particularly following allegations that 12 UNRWA staff members were involved in the October 7 attacks by Hamas-led terrorists. The subsequent freezing of funding by key donor countries has raised concerns about UNRWA's future operations in Gaza and the wider Middle East region.

Source

image.png

• Sad 1

And?

I literally just watched Elyon Levy, the government spokesman say that tunnels are underneath ALL of Gaza. He literally says they are everywhere when Nick Ferrari asks him why they are bombing and assaulting Rafah. So which is it Eylon? Are the tunnels everywhere, or is UNRWA guilty of aiding and abetting Hamas because there is a tunnel underneath their HQ? You can't have your cake and eat it.

Trying to implicate UNRWA for having a tunnel underneath its courtyard is the same as blaming a house for being on top of a gold mine. Preposterous.

Now, if there were tunnel shafts running from UNRWA HQ down to the network of tunnels, then I would be shocked. Then i would really start to question my beliefs. As there have not been any claims of this, then I wonder why this has been reported. It's like saying "we found oil' when you live on top of an oil mine.

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

And?

I literally just watched Elyon Levy, the government spokesman say that tunnels are underneath ALL of Gaza. He literally says they are everywhere when Nick Ferrari asks him why they are bombing and assaulting Rafah. So which is it Eylon? Are the tunnels everywhere, or is UNRWA guilty of aiding and abetting Hamas because there is a tunnel underneath their HQ? You can't have your cake and eat it.

Trying to implicate UNRWA for having a tunnel underneath its courtyard is the same as blaming a house for being on top of a gold mine. Preposterous.

Now, if there were tunnel shafts running from UNRWA HQ down to the network of tunnels, then I would be shocked. Then i would really start to question my beliefs. As there have not been any claims of this, then I wonder why this has been reported. It's like saying "we found oil' when you live on top of an oil mine.

Strange logic, IDF have found a Hamas data center in a tunnel under the main UNRWA HQ and you refer to Elyon Levy who you stated many times before you don't believe as some sort of justification as to why it should be no surprise.

Why was UNRWA surprised it was there then?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Strange logic, IDF have found a Hamas data center in a tunnel under the main UNRWA HQ and you refer to Elyon Levy who you stated many times before you don't believe as some sort of justification as to why it should be no surprise.

Why was UNRWA surprised it was there then?

Strange logic? Huh?

IDF: There are approximately 650 kilometers of tunnels underneath Gaza and the tunnels are everywhere.

Land area of Gaza: 365 kilometers squared.

So there are more Km of tunnels than total land area. A tunnel is found underneath the courtyard of UNRWA. Is it surprising?

If there were tunnel entrance shafts from UNRWA properties into the underground tunnels, you would win me over. That would be proof of UNRWA's involvement, and I would accept that.

Just having a tunnel running underneath it doesn't prove anything, but it is a great smear tactic just when countries are starting to rethink their blockade of aid into Gaza. Its also a great way to stop us all talking about the lack of aid getting into Gaza because of the IDF. Israel is very good at controlling the narrative.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Brickleberry said:

Strange logic? Huh?

IDF: There are approximately 650 kilometers of tunnels underneath Gaza and the tunnels are everywhere.

So there are more Km of tunnels than total land area. A tunnel is found underneath the courtyard of UNRWA. Is it surprising?

If there were tunnel entrance shafts from UNRWA properties into the underground tunnels, you would win me over. That would be proof of UNRWA's involvement, and I would accept that.

Just having a tunnel running underneath it doesn't prove anything, but it is a great smear tactic just when countries are starting to rethink their blockade of aid into Gaza. Its also a great way to stop us all talking about the lack of aid getting into Gaza because of the IDF. Israel is very good at controlling the narrative.

Yes, strange logic of yours as I said, but unfortunately for you does not deflect the fact that a major tunnel and Hamas data center in UN property was found, not just any property but a school and UNRWA HQ

These findings were found within @UNRWA facilities:

Acting on ISA intelligence, the forces discovered a tunnel shaft near an UNRWA school, leading to an underground terrorist tunnel beneath UNRWA's main headquarters. The forces found electrical infrastructure inside the tunnel connected to UNRWA's main HQ, suggesting it was supplying the tunnel with electricity—generated by the fuel provided through humanitarian aid.

This 700-meter-long tunnel, 18 meters deep, contained multiple blast doors and various intelligence assets seized by the forces. Intelligence and documents found confirmed the offices' use by Hamas terrorists. Large quantities of weapons, including rifles, ammunition, grenades and explosives, were uncovered hidden in the building's offices.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

More deflections.

Watch the evidence. It's not a simple tunnel. It's a major effort.

Maybe UNRWA's upper echelons weren't aware, did not know. Lower rungs? You got to be kidding.

What are you on about? How on earth would anyone know what is going on - the tunnel is 18 meters under the ground!

It is a tunnel. It is underneath the UNRWA HQ. There are no entry or exit shafts.

https://www.voanews.com/a/israel-discovers-hamas-tunnels-under-unrwa-gaza-headquarters/7482769.html

The military said the tunnel was 700 meters long, 18 meters deep — bifurcated at times — and it revealed side rooms. There was an office space, with steel safes that had been opened and emptied. There was a tiled toilet. One large chamber was packed with computer servers, another with industrial battery stacks.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

False reporting. "within UNRWA facilities" This is how rational people know the claims are being made to smear and denigrate UNRWA. Because the accusation itself is untrue, but the details are buried further in.

It then goes on to say "near a school" - this is not within the facility

it then goes on to say "18 meters underneath the headquarters" - this is not within the facility, it is 18 meters below it.

The IDF have been telling us that these tunnels are absolutely everywhere. Do you expect us to be shocked when they uncover tunnels everywhere?

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

False reporting. "within UNRWA facilities" This is how rational people know the claims are being made to smear and denigrate UNRWA. Because the accusation itself is untrue, but the details are buried further in.

It then goes on to say "near a school" - this is not within the facility

it then goes on to say "18 meters underneath the headquarters" - this is not within the facility, it is 18 meters below it.

The IDF have been telling us that these tunnels are absolutely everywhere. Do you expect us to be shocked when they uncover tunnels everywhere?

B.S. How do you think a major data center located under UN HQ was being fed with electricity, read the links

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

Strange logic? Huh?

@Brickleberry

You talk about 'logic'?

Tunnels measuring kilometers in length does not imply that they occupy the same area as kilometers squared.

Go back to school.

And no, nothing would 'win you over'. I seriously doubt you won't come up with some other daft excuse for Hamas.

It's not 'just a tunnel', it's a major center. A whole lot of electricity needed, too.

Talk about 'controlling the narrative' from someone who constantly tries to hijack topics is a laugh.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

What are you on about? How on earth would anyone know what is going on - the tunnel is 18 meters under the ground!

It is a tunnel. It is underneath the UNRWA HQ. There are no entry or exit shafts.

https://www.voanews.com/a/israel-discovers-hamas-tunnels-under-unrwa-gaza-headquarters/7482769.html

@Brickleberry

A long time ago, in a country far far away, the city started extension works on the metro with some of that directly under the building where I was renting (and surrounding buildings). Fifth floor, on a rocky hill foundation, and tunneling going way deeper than 18 meters. Buildings would sometimes shake, cracks, power cuts and what have you.

Try harder.

Edited by Morch

3 hours ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

A long time ago, in a country far far away, the city started extension works on the metro with some of that directly under the building where I was renting (and surrounding buildings). Fifth floor, on a rocky hill foundation, and tunneling going way deeper than 18 meters. Buildings would sometimes shake, cracks, power cuts and what have you.

Try harder.

This is laughably moronic.

Firstly, if I were to even believe this nonsense, how are metro stations built? They use huge tunnel digger machinery. 

How does Hamas build tunnels? By hand, and with electric jackhammers. You ain't gonna hear anything that far deep underground. In fact, the IDF has noted how difficult it is to detect: https://www.timesofisrael.com/how-the-tunnels-in-gaza-are-dug-and-detected/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

The Hamas data and information center was directly under the computer data center of UNRWA HQ. Here are some electric and data wires leading from it down to the Hamas tunnel.

image.png.a2e5f6ed2c0b981393c891285b879deb.png

https://twitter.com/EylonALevy/status/1756392198285807968

According to multiple reports, this is not true.

The tunnel was found underneath the courtyard - outside UNRWA HQ.

The military has claimed that UNRWA provides electricity to the tunnels, but hasn't actually shown any evidence of this.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

According to multiple reports, this is not true.

The tunnel was found underneath the courtyard - outside UNRWA HQ.

The military has claimed that UNRWA provides electricity to the tunnels, but hasn't actually shown any evidence of this.

The tunnel entrance yes, who's talking about the tunnel entrance though?

Where are links to multiple reports that this is not true?

Inside one of the UNWRA buildings, journalists saw a room full of computers with wires stretching down into the ground. Soldiers then showed them a room in the underground tunnel where they claimed the wires connected.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/02/10/israel-hamas-unwra-gaza-tunnels/e2067be0-c83e-11ee-bbc9-9b5ca9b20779_story.html

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The tunnel entrance yes, who's talking about the tunnel entrance though?

Where are links to multiple reports that this is not true?

Inside one of the UNWRA buildings, journalists saw a room full of computers with wires stretching down into the ground. Soldiers then showed them a room in the underground tunnel where they claimed the wires connected.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/02/10/israel-hamas-unwra-gaza-tunnels/e2067be0-c83e-11ee-bbc9-9b5ca9b20779_story.html

Liar! I read the article and that is NOT what was said:

The tunnel entrance is not in the courtyard, it was quite far from UNRWA. It was the tunnel itself that ran underneath the courtyard. NOT the tunnel entrance.

It did not prove definitively that Hamas militants operated in the tunnels underneath the UNRWA facility, but it did show that at least a portion of the tunnel ran underneath the facility’s courtyard. 

Soldiers claimed that UNRWA was providing electricity, but they do not show any evidence for those claims. I'm pretty sure that would have been a smoking gun - so why they didn't show this proof is almost laughable.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Liar! I read the article and that is NOT what was said:

The tunnel entrance is not in the courtyard, it was quite far from UNRWA. It was the tunnel itself that ran underneath the courtyard. NOT the tunnel entrance.

Soldiers claimed that UNRWA was providing electricity, but they do not show any evidence for those claims. I'm pretty sure that would have been a smoking gun - so why they didn't show this proof is almost laughable.

I'm a liar am I?

image.png.e4a5967c64c54c5dd2f2dcf2c29939c8.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm a liar am I?

image.png.e4a5967c64c54c5dd2f2dcf2c29939c8.png

So the tunnel runs under part of the courtyard.

They somehow have wires going from inside the building to the courtyard and 20 meters underground.... and no one noticed anything? Right.... keep on dreaming.

Why didn't the IDF show the wires and how they connect? Or are they just making it up....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

They somehow have wires going from inside the building to the courtyard and 20 meters underground.... and no one noticed anything? Right.... keep on dreaming.

Why didn't the IDF show the wires and how they connect? Or are they just making it up....

The Hamas data and information center is directly underneath the UN computer data center room......what part of that do you not get. All the electrical and data connections are taken directly from the UN room down to the Hamas room. The entrance to the tunnel has no bearing on this, whether it was the courtyard or where ever.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

They did show the wires and here they are for you again to deny.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The Hamas data and information center is directly underneath the UN computer data center room......what part of that do you not get. All the electrical and data connections are taken directly from the UN room down to the Hamas room. The entrance to the tunnel has no bearing on this, whether it was the courtyard or where ever.

This is where you are wrong.

The journalists were quite clear about this: "They could look up and see the outside of the courtyard from within the tunnel" The tunnel runs underneath part of the courtyard - not directly under the UN computer data center.

Get your facts straight instead of misrepresenting.

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

They did show the wires and here they are for you again to deny.

They showed wires - but they did not show where those wires went. Dr Eli David - whoever this is - seems to also note that the wires in the server room have not been ties to the tunnel found underneath part of UNRWA's courtyard.

Come on, at least try to be truthful.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

The journalists were quite clear about this: "They could look up and see the outside of the courtyard from within the tunnel" The tunnel runs underneath part of the courtyard - not directly under the UN computer data center.

They showed wires - but they did not show where those wires went. Dr Eli David - whoever this is - seems to also note that the wires in the server room have not been ties to the tunnel found underneath part of UNRWA's courtyard.

You better take a look at the videos that explain it all, the links are there already and no we are not wrong

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The cables are probably there so the staff can charge their mobiles eh. You deny everything, there is no point in you posting, all you do is troll. 🥴

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

The cables are probably there so the staff can charge their mobiles eh. You deny everything, there is no point in you posting, all you do is troll. 🥴

Right.... notice the IDF did not prove anything. They just claimed it.

Exactly how Penny Wong, Australia's defense minister just admitted that the intelligence dossier from Israel with UNRWA allegations contained no actual evidence.

Channel 4 in the UK has said the same, as has CBC - Canada's main news broadcaster.

Until the IDF submits any tangible evidence, we should not believe their lies.

• Sad 1

Right.... notice the IDF did not prove anything. They just claimed it.

Exactly how Penny Wong, Australia's defense minister just admitted that the intelligence dossier from Israel with UNRWA allegations contained no actual evidence.

Channel 4 in the UK has said the same, as has CBC - Canada's main news broadcaster.

Until the IDF submits any tangible evidence, we should not believe their lies.

Don't feed the 🧌.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

This is laughably moronic.

Firstly, if I were to even believe this nonsense, how are metro stations built? They use huge tunnel digger machinery. 

How does Hamas build tunnels? By hand, and with electric jackhammers. You ain't gonna hear anything that far deep underground. In fact, the IDF has noted how difficult it is to detect: https://www.timesofisrael.com/how-the-tunnels-in-gaza-are-dug-and-detected/

@Brickleberry

A poster who cannot grasp the difference between kilometers and kilometers squared is not one to go on about 'moronic', unless referencing his own posts. All the more so when he speaks of himself as 'we'. Odd, that.

The Metro station was already in place. These were extension works. Value of properties dropped, rent rates as well.

On one of the previous topics dealing with them tunnels there was a picture of an excavator vehicle, which indeed raised question as to how it got into the Gaza Strip.

You want to believe no one knew anything, that's up to you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm pretty sure he does get it.

• Agree 1