Laptop

still kicking

Ditch the laptop? I have a laptop which is getting old and slow. I was going to reformate it and spend hours to install all my apps shortcuts. I also noticed that my screen has a problem, when turned off I have a small light glowing on the bottom of my screen. So, I guess reformatting will not fix that. I can buy a new laptop the same brand and size for less than 10.000 baht. Buy a new laptop?

Why not buy a good one? I have 12 years old laptop that I'm using 8 - 12 hours a day. Of course it didn't cost under 10k. You could go with something like Lenovo T series. It will survive nuclear war. Or even a flight in a checked in baggage. If you choose something like Acer you will be here 2 years later again looking for a new laptop.

1 minute ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Why not buy a good one? I have 12 years old laptop that I'm using 8 - 12 hours a day. Of course it didn't cost under 10k. You could go with something like Lenovo T series. It will survive nuclear war. Or even a flight in a checked in baggage. If you choose something like Acer you will be here 2 years later again looking for a new laptop.

Not necessarily true I have an Acer which I guess is about 10 years old I am worried about the screen which lights up in the dark.

1 minute ago, still kicking said:

Not necessarily true I have an Acer which I guess is about 10 years old I am worried about the screen which lights up in the dark.

See? If you didn't have Acer it would not light up in the dark. 😉

• Haha 1

Likewise Acer for 14 years, never a problem, just these days painfully slow and still on XP, but it still works slowly plugged in, battery died a few years ago, my very expensive 'Sony' totally died after 12 years

Expensive is not always better

17 hours ago, Pattaya420 said:

Any one found some lazada/shoope bargain laptops

Sales come and go.

I bought a cheap USED laptop since I only use it when traveling and don't want to care much if it's stolen or breaks. Been working fine running Linux. Buying anything used is strictly forbidden here by our experts and Big Spenders, however. Be afraid.