New Honda Click 125 - how many keys should I get?

Alldar

Hello,

I just bought a new Honda Click 125 and I have received just one key. I think I should have received two keys for the motorbike but I didn't realize this in the shop so I haven't asked them.

Anyone can please confirm if new Honda Click 125 should come with 2 keys or just 1 key?

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Alldar said:

Anyone can please confirm if new Honda Click 125 should come with 2 keys or just 1 key?

I would imagine most bikes would come with 2, my son purchased a new Yamaha R150 recently and was provided with 2, one he has since lost......LoL

Go back to the shop, or ring them and tell them you only received one key, who knows the other might be under your seat.

The shop just replied that if it is remote control system (wireless key) the customer will receive just one key. If it is normal key the customer will receive two keys. Can someone please confirm this? Is it true?

if it's keyless fob, you only got one from the factory, make sure you take care of the barcode on the keyring, it's needed to program another key in should you need a second fob or lose the original

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, digbeth said:

if it's keyless fob, you only got one from the factory, make sure you take care of the barcode on the keyring, it's needed to program another key in should you need a second fob or lose the original

Nope,

Honda add fobs to the box in the bike electronically, but the number on the fob is useful as you can use it to unlock the bike without the fob.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nope,

Honda add fobs to the box in the bike electronically, but the number on the fob is useful as you can use it to unlock the bike without the fob.

I've seen case where in order to get a lost key reprogrammed, without the barcode tag present, they don't even bother and proceed to order the whole ecu new to the tune of 3-4,000 baht

I didn't know they made a Click 125 anymore.....our dealer had a Honda Lead at 140cc and an Honda Click at 160cc. I assumed, apparently incorrectly that Honda had phased out the 125 models. I bought the Honda 160, and have regretted it ever since. I had one one key. I also bought a Ford Fiesta about 10 years ago and it came with only one key (tight b@@@@@s). 

Edited by retarius

Well they do but it is hard to get. I had contacted about 6 different shops till I found one which had 125 available. One shop said they can order 125 but I would have to wait about 3 months. Hard to believe that.

Yes I got the electronic key - just one. So apparently everything is correct. To be honest I would rather receive 2 normal keys. It seems like progress is going backwards. And I have asked how much it is to get a new key - they said 1000 baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Alldar said:

The shop just replied that if it is remote control system (wireless key) the customer will receive just one key. If it is normal key the customer will receive two keys. Can someone please confirm this? Is it true?

Bought a Click 160 in December, one electronic 'key' provided.

Ordered a spare last month and was told 1300b - collect it later this afternoon, will confirm price.

1 hour ago, Alldar said:

I am writing to the shop already.

I reckon you're wasting good ink. 

Go in there personally and talk with them. 

BTW, if you're in Pattaya, I had the girlfriends zoomer key cut at the little watch, clock shop west side of TukCom Pattaya Tai for 150 baht, that included the unique magnetic code. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I reckon you're wasting good ink. 

Go in there personally and talk with them. 

They replied already and explained everything if you check my previous post. The shop is located one hour from my location, I will definitely not go there just to ask a question. Also people here confirmed the same.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alldar said:
24 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Sure they did 🤣

Are you a troll? 

That's not a nice thing to say, only trying to help, giving you good advice. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alldar said:

Keyless? .. you only get one - dont lose it, they are a quite expensive to replace apparently.

9 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Keyless? .. you only get one - dont lose it, they are a quite expensive to replace apparently.

I paid 1000 baht for an extra, not that expensive. 

A mate of mine hired a 160 click for a month, he lost the fob, guys from Honda spent half a day trying recode a new fob, charged him 5k baht. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Better to order a second fob with delivery of the vehicle, be a Boy Scout, prepared.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

I've seen case where in order to get a lost key reprogrammed, without the barcode tag present, they don't even bother and proceed to order the whole ecu new to the tune of 3-4,000 baht

You may be right there, i bought another fob and they needed the barcode tag which i had

1 hour ago, retarius said:

I didn't know they made a Click 125 anymore.....our dealer had a Honda Lead at 140cc and an Honda Click at 160cc. I assumed, apparently incorrectly that Honda had phased out the 125 models. I bought the Honda 160, and have regretted it ever since. I had one one key. I also bought a Ford Fiesta about 10 years ago and it came with only one key (tight b@@@@@s). 

Why have you regretted the Click 160? my only complaint is the underseat storage is slightly less than 125

1 hour ago, Alldar said:

Well they do but it is hard to get. I had contacted about 6 different shops till I found one which had 125 available. One shop said they can order 125 but I would have to wait about 3 months. Hard to believe that.

Yes I got the electronic key - just one. So apparently everything is correct. To be honest I would rather receive 2 normal keys. It seems like progress is going backwards. And I have asked how much it is to get a new key - they said 1000 baht.

Usually it's 600 for a new key, try a different Honda and BTW the electronic key is much better if you can work it out, many don't 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Honda manual unlocking,

Press and hold the on/seat/lock knob until it bleeps, get your fob number ready ..... press knob once and beep, then enter the number by pressing the knob that many times (0 = no presses), after 10s the bike beeps and you enter the next number. keep going and the bike is unlocked with the locking disabled until you press an hold for another 10s. Takes about 2 minutes in all, you can't hurry it up, around 10s between each number (9 numbers x 10 seconds).

My Aerox has a similar system. It's a good idea to commit the procedure to memory. That way you will have a 'key in your head' and won't be stuck anywhere. 

I 'rehearse' my unlock procedure once a month or so to ensure that I can remember it.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Bought a Click 160 in December, one electronic 'key' provided.

Ordered a spare last month and was told 1300b - collect it later this afternoon, will confirm price.

Got my extra electronic 'key' yesterday (2023 Honda Click 160). Not just a matter of collecting it though, technician had to program it, about ten minutes.

Cost 1000 baht.

Also ready - Green ownership book and white registration plate (and a 500 baht refund for the red plate they removed).

17 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Got my extra electronic 'key' yesterday (2023 Honda Click 160). Not just a matter of collecting it though, technician had to program it, about ten minutes.

Cost 1000 baht.

Also ready - Green ownership book and white registration plate (and a 500 baht refund for the red plate they removed).

1,000 was falang price, mine was 550, how much was the bike?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You may be right there, i bought another fob and they needed the barcode tag which i had

It may be that there are multiple generations of the system that work differently, but when I believed that there was a possibility that my bike fob had been compromised and possibly copied, I took it to my local dealer for reprogramming.

They took a little card out of the bike's battery compartment and replaced it with another (I presume this is the master lock...) then gave me a new fob. They also reprogammed my original fob to the new master lock. 

It was 500bt for the new fob and 200bt to replace the master lock. So a total of 700bt if you can't find the barcode tag :)

Edited by JayClay

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

1,000 was falang price, mine was 550, how much was the bike?

Bizarre, I don't believe they do 'farang price'.

69,900 (it's the ABS model); aware other dealers charge more but that was the Honda website suggested retail price. Two Honda brand helmets as part of the deal. 

No complaints on the costs I'm certainly not going to whine about a potential 400b cost.

Their service throughout has been A+, got all the accessories I wanted, fitted at no cost, first service done, I'm happy, hoping it is as reliable as the old Fino on 95,476km as at today still in daily use.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1