How do you react to Thais who do not respond to greetings?

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You've got me...what exactly was it that you got for B5,500 that included a Thai ID card to which BenStark initially referenced?

Thai citizenship costs 5,000 baht application fee and 500 baht for the fingerprints. The ID card comes free I think.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 4:22 AM, zhounan said:

You're in an elevator, you say hi and they don't respond. They are sitting next to you, you greet them and they don't respond. 

Some people always seem stressed, what's their problem? Is their jaw to heavy?

People don't normally greet others they don't know in an elevator, or say hi to strangers in public.

Perhaps it's the OP that is making a problem out of nothing.

Perhaps the OP lives in a more friendly country where such things happen, but not in any country I've lived in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

Love to know also, please share.

And do you mean the purchaser is a farang or a Thai?

And what is the background colour on the card?

And if it's your name (assuming that it's a non-thai person) is the name written in:

- Thai language

- English language

- Both Thai and English languages? 

And is there an expiry date on the card? What language?

Thai and English, light blue. 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

People don't normally greet others they don't know in an elevator, or say hi to strangers in public.

Perhaps it's the OP that is making a problem out of nothing.

Perhaps the OP lives in a more friendly country where such things happen, but not in any country I've lived in.

Maybe he's Indian. 

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You've got me...what exactly was it that you got for B5,500 that included a Thai ID card to which BenStark initially referenced?

Thai citizenship costs 5,000 baht application fee and 500 baht for the fingerprints. The ID card comes free I think.

Ok, now I understand, you applied for and were granted Thai citizenship after the normal procedure, you did not just "buy it" for B5,500 as he ridiculously suggested.  Appreciate the clarification.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Took me a while to recognise they are either not comfortable greeting you.....or anyone else for that matter.....or they just CBA......unless they want to formally say 'hello'......I just keep a smile on my face.