Source of funds for marriage extension - Money in the bank method?

Pretty dumb question.

I'm having to change my funding for my marriage extension due to a change in my work arrangements (I've been using local salary).

So, does to 400k have to be tagged as "overseas", I have the $$$ but it was earned locally.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

So, does to 400k have to be tagged as "overseas", I have the $$$ but it was earned locally

No. 

However you have been using income method? 

Continue with the monthly deposits till you switch to money in bank. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A slightly different opinion than Jack.

Switching from the income method to 400K funds in the bank is no problem. Just 2 months seasoning required.
You will not be asked to provide proof of income, as that income can be spent immediately it's received.
On behalf of a disabled expat that switched from monthly deposits to 800K in a Thai bank account last year, Immigration were only interested that the funds had been in the account for 2 months.

If switching from funds in the bank to monthly income deposits, it's different, because the Immigration require funds to remain in the bank after an extension is approved.

• Like 1

All good stuff thanks everyone.

My main worry was that they would want to see an international deposit which would mean exporting and re-importing the $$$ from which the Thai government have already had their pound (and a half) of flesh, and them asking for more tax on the imported funds!