Request advice on using Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa for second entry  

Hi, I’d appreciate your recommendations: 

I entered Thailand on Dec 31, 2023, and am permitted to stay until Feb 28, 2024.  After that, I want to stay in Thailand just two more months.

I could get an early morning  flight to Vientiane on Feb 26 or Feb 27, get a visa-on-arrival there, and then return to Thailand in mid-afternoon that same day.

Alternatively, I wonder if there is a good service for crossing and reentering at a land border.

Could you advise me on this, please?  Thanks!

For some reason, Da Nang always seems to be the cheapest international destination from Bangkok. Book at least 2-3 weeks in advance, and you can find oneway tickets for 1500. Hotels are really cheap. You can have an ok hotel close to the beach for 300 baht.

Fly to Udon Thani, mini bus to Friendship bridge at Nong Khai. 200 baht. Cross into Laos visa on arrival 50 dollars. Return to Thailand at your leisure 60 days on re entry. Would recommend spending a little time in Laos much nicer people there 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2024 at 8:53 AM, Toby1947 said:

Fly to Udon Thani, mini bus to Friendship bridge at Nong Khai. 200 baht. Cross into Laos visa on arrival 50 dollars. Return to Thailand at your leisure 60 days on re entry. Would recommend spending a little time in Laos much nicer people there 

If you take the 200 baht minibus option, is there a long wait involved until they get enough passengers to completely fill up the minibus?