Mole Check

Daughter is visiting for a month and apart from an annual health check, at Jomtien hospital, she wants to have 2 small miles checked out.

Any suggestions for Pattaya to Sattahip area - and does anyone know if Jomtien hospital offers such a service (nothing obvious on their website).

Edited by hotandsticky

It's not in Pattaya, but not far, and I personally wouldn't go anywhere else:

Back in 2015 I had a pre-melanoma mole removed on my back. It was diagnosed in America, but since I was going to Thailand in a few weeks I decided to take care of it in Thailand. I went to the government university hospital, "The Institute of Dermatology" in Bangkok. Google map link:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3kwYb9wTV82KSSBK9

I arrived at 6:00 when they opened. I registered.

I saw a doctor at 11:00.

I was in surgery at 13:00 (after lunch).

I paid and was out the door before 15:00.

I was incredibly impressed with everything. The cost at the time: $12. And this included all the lab work to make sure they cut deep enough (they tested what they removed). This might sound like a long day, but had I taken care of this in America it would have been a half dozen appointments spread out over 6-8 weeks and hundreds of dollars in insurance copays. Today I expect the total cost would be under $50.

Since this experience I've learned university hospitals are the way to go. They're government hospitals, so cheaper - yet in my experience a much better quality of care.

I'm not in Thailand at the moment, but when I return next year I will go there for a full body skin exam.

- Thomas

P.S. Additionally, the "Thai Travel Clinic" is right next door. In my opinion it's the best place to get low cost vaccines in all of Thailand.

• Thanks 1