Where to hold and manage funds UK - Thailand?

4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I am not talking about bank failures which will of course be saved at the expense of taxpayer just like everywhere else.

I am talking about foreigners holding Thai bank accounts having zero rights in this country.

I will never forget the ordeal with SCB simply because my Farang passport number changed from the one they had on file.  Bet not many know about this "rule".

Coming forward there might be endless KYC's a Farang mug will have if no work permit for the "privilege" of the precious but worthless Thai bank account.

Yes, a good point, foreign customers must update their passport number with their bank, when the passport is renewed. But, TBH, everyone should know that, really.

4 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

Yes, a good point, foreign customers must update their passport number with their bank, when the passport is renewed. But, TBH, everyone should know that, really.

I wouldn't have thought of that, so thanks.

But in 1.5 years i've only ever used cashless ATM withdrawals and never updated my bank book. It still shows 500b 😆

When is the passport number change a problem?

2 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

I wouldn't have thought of that, so thanks.

But in 1.5 years i've only ever used cashless ATM withdrawals and never updated my bank book. It still shows 500b 😆

When is the passport number change a problem?

When you want to go inside the branch and conduct ANY transaction in person, such as lost book, funds transfer, letter from the bank etc.

• Thumbs Up 1