Enormous Damage In Chiang Mai National Park Fire: Anutin

webfact

image.jpeg

INTERIOR Minister Anutin Charnivarikul said today (Feb. 27) that he is closely following the forest fire at Ob Luang National Park in Chiang Mai’s Hot district with this causing enormous damage both in the forested areas and triggering dust and smoke problems that has spread to many provinces, TV Channel 7 said this afternoon.

The cause is illegal burning to gather forest products which while prohibited there are still many people who break the law.

Anutin said he has ordered Chiang Mai Governor Nirat Pongsitthaworn to quickly control this forest fire that has been raging since Feb. 22.

The fire-fighting operations have successfully extinguished this huge blaze in many areas but the team is still constantly watching the situation and hope to successfully put it out completely.

by TNR Staff

TOP: Fire spreading on a mountain at Ob Luang National Park in Chiang Mai, left, and Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, right, who is taking action. Photo: TV Channel 7

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-02-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

INTERIOR Minister Anutin Charnivarikul said today (Feb. 27) that he is closely following the forest fire at Ob Luang National Park in Chiang Mai’s Hot district

are you actually doing anything or just following 

I have a suggestion 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Should have ordered Chiang Mai governor to pack his bags and get out of office.

I know you have an urge to comment on almost everything, but clearly in this case you don't have a clue. If you lived here you would know that this is the best Governor the city has had in my memory, and that he is doing a lot including controlling forest fires which are much less than in previous years (with the notable help of heroic fire fighters). What happened in that park is a disgrace, but can hardly be attributed to the incompetence of a Governor.

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

I know you have an urge to comment on almost everything, but clearly in this case you don't have a clue. If you lived here you would know that this is the best Governor the city has had in my memory, and that he is doing a lot including controlling forest fires which are much less than in previous years (with the notable help of heroic fire fighters). What happened in that park is a disgrace, but can hardly be attributed to the incompetence of a Governor.

So why does it still continue under his watch.. governor means he's the boss and the buck stops with him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, yes, as per usual, it's NOT the enormous and profit-driven CP Group's lust for corn to feed their livestock business that is causing this, it's those pesky villagers hunting for mushrooms! When will they stop putting their selfish lust for vegetables and medicinal herbs ahead of the health and welfare of the Thai people? When will they behave responsibly like the CP Group who buy all the corn that will be produced from all of these burned plots and whose bored communications officers recycle the same talking points every year while "those irresponsible farmers" cop the blame yet again?

But never fear, they'll be mobilizing soon with brown envelopes to put out the bureaucratic fires and ensure their willing stooges are back in the Guv'nor's seat to enable yet another year of burning and haze and the compliant civil service and journalists will just keep spouting and printing the "truth" - "weren't us mate, were them poor folks over there what dun it!".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

His about the governor stop the burning then you could call him good at his job