90 Day Report at Jomtien…also a question

I did my 90 Day Report at Jomtien and this was the first time with a new passport. I was required to fill out a new TM47 and get "copies". Is this a new procedure for ALL 90 Day reports or is this just because of the new passport?  I couldn't get any information, the young male imbecile at the counter could only yell "copee, copee" without explanation. Does anyone know if this is a new requirement or only for new passports?  I am unable to stand for long periods and I wasted 30 minutes in line for what I thought was the copy line. They have moved everything around again and the result was a complete nightmare. I finally got out of there with the correct stamps in my passport, but the prospect of going through this again is terrifying. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Edited by Felton Jarvis
clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Felton Jarvis said:

I did my 90 Day Report at Jomtien and this was the first time with a new passport. I was required to fill out a new TM47 and get "copies". Is this a new procedure for ALL 90 Day reports or is this just because of the new passport. I couldn't get any information, the young male imbecile at the counter could only yell "copee, copee" without explanation. Does anyone know if this is a new requirement or only for new passports?  I am unable to stand for long periods and I wasted 30 minutes in line for what I thought was the copy line. They have moved everything around again and the result was a complete nightmare. I finally got out of there with the correct stamps in my passport, but the prospect of going through this again is terrifying. Any thoughts appreciated.

Same for everyone nowadays....started 3/4 months ago....more BS :crying:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Since I had a new passport, I really didn't have that option. I will try to use the online method exclusively from now on, but the online method is far from intuitive.

Please persevere on line .Mine did not work until i changed passports and after no problems on line .

22 hours ago, petermik said:

Same for everyone nowadays....started 3/4 months ago....more BS :crying:

I don't know why people keep saying this. If you get a new passport, go to immigration, fill out the form and have the extension stamps transferred to the new passport. As long as this is done, immigration have your new passport on record. You can then do the 90 day report online as normal. Jomtien immigration. I did my first report online last December and this week I did my 2nd. Reported online at 14.30 and approval was back 08 30 the next day.

23 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

I did my 90 Day Report at Jomtien and this was the first time with a new passport. I was required to fill out a new TM47 and get "copies". Is this a new procedure for ALL 90 Day reports or is this just because of the new passport?  I couldn't get any information, the young male imbecile at the counter could only yell "copee, copee" without explanation. Does anyone know if this is a new requirement or only for new passports?  I am unable to stand for long periods and I wasted 30 minutes in line for what I thought was the copy line. They have moved everything around again and the result was a complete nightmare. I finally got out of there with the correct stamps in my passport, but the prospect of going through this again is terrifying. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I recommend you use the online Thai Immigration website for the 90 days matter. It's an excellent service and they remind you 2 to 3 weeks in advance when you need to do the renewal. 

• Thumbs Up 1