Breaker for Wallbox/ EV Charger

Soon I will buy an Electric Car and they will install the Wallbox. What kind of Breaker they have to install, a normal MCB or is a RCBO better?

There are specific requirements for an EV charger one of which is a Type-B RCD/RCBO which must be a double-pole unit (opens the neutral).

All the necessary stuff should be supplied by the installation contactor.

Do you already have a 30/100 meter? If not, they will probably require one, or a separate 15/45 dedicated to your EV.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

There are specific requirements for an EV charger one of which is a Type-B RCD/RCBO which must be a double-pole unit (opens the neutral).

All the necessary stuff should be supplied by the installation contactor.

Do you already have a 30/100 meter? If not, they will probably require one, or a separate 15/45 dedicated to your EV.

Thanks, I have a 3 phase System incl. 30/100A Meter. But I hope I can charge the Car from my 10 kw Solar always. Nevertheless, I had a look on the two installed new Wallbox Chargers in their brand new Workshop here in Pran Buri, and both hooked up with normal MCB's only. So I will be more than careful when they come to install the Charger at my home.

3 minutes ago, UWEB said:

So I will be more than careful when they come to install the Charger at my home.

Many "chargers" (actually an EVSE - the charge electronics is in the car) have the necessary RCD built in to the wall box.

I would certainly be looking carefully what you get.