Collect money

Adrian78

People still use WU ?  Possibly the most expensive way to transfer funds.  Do consider a different route.  I believe all you need would is your Passport to verify who you are, at a guess.  Though if having any transaction info would never hurt, if available to present.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Adrian78 said:

Has anyone used western union lately? What do I have to do to collect money sent to me from Germany? Can I also collect money at a post office? Thank you

Show them your ID, give them the secret code if one was provided by the sender.

Money can be collected from any WU agent.

Cash pickup

More than 6,100 agent locations 1 in Thailand

Visit a Western Union location.

Provide your sender’s details, including the Money Transfer Contol Number (MTCN).

Show a valid government-issued photo ID.

Get your money once your details have been verified.

https://www.westernunion.com/global-services/find-locations?WUCountry=th&WULanguage=en

• Thumbs Up 1

Under the cooperation between Western Union and Thailand Post, customer can use the international money transfer service for sending and receiving money via a secure computer network within a few minutes at post offices nationwide.

Source: https://www.thailandpost.co.th/index.php?page=article_detail&addon=product&group_id=566&topic_id=90&language=en

I haven't used Western Union recently, but from what I remember, collecting money is pretty straightforward. You'll need a government-issued ID and the transaction's tracking number (MTCN) the sender gets when they send the money. As for collecting at a post office, it depends on the services offered at your local post office. Some do allow Western Union collections, but it's best to check with them directly or look it up online for your specific location. Hope this helps!

The cost is insane. I did it once the first time I came here. Never again.

Ditto for using a foreign credit card for cash at an ATM.

It's legalized rape!

Edited by RocketDog