Paid TV For My Condo

NONG CHOK

Hi there, I have paid TV in my condo and it's not worth a shower of $hit. Of all the channels I found one speaking English and even that channel doesn't interest me. Has anyone got any suggestions for a subscription and costs which includes some sports including Aussie rules football. I'm just short of 80 years old, I'm going ok but these days I don't go out very much as I prefer the comfort of my condo. Thanks

Google "the tv app" 

Has about 100 american channels so many movies, tv shows and sports (same channels as Aussie Foxtel but free)

Screenshot_20240304_131816_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I have TrueVisions Platinum with their fiber internet, which is full of sports while the rest is slowly disappearing. If they continue this way, they could well rename it into SportVisions.

No, not sports fan, so nearly nothing left to watch. But you might be happy with it. And no fiddling with any Android boxes, VPNs, etc.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I have TrueVisions Platinum with their fiber internet, which is full of sports while the rest is slowly disappearing. If they continue this way, they could well rename it into SportVisions.

No, not sports fan, so nearly nothing left to watch. But you might be happy with it. And no fiddling with any Android boxes, VPNs, etc.

Expensive tho innit?

What's the monthly charge for that?

I had CTH some years ago and it was 3K per month!

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Expensive tho innit?

What's the monthly charge for that?

I had CTH some years ago and it was 3K per month!

Over 3k/month but includes mobile SIM with unlimited 5G data and 2.5/2.5 Gbps fiber line. I have it for the internet, not really for TV. So for me, it's a terrible value, just too lazy to drag myself to True shop and unsubscribe.

I thought most of the cable suppliers here carried ABC which does seem to show Oz football regularly. If it is indeed cable, perhaps retuning to the digital channels is required. Sophon cable, for eg, carry quite a lot of English channels. (It might be that your condo is being cheap and has only wired the 'free to air' local channels). If your internet is good the streaming options are plentiful as answered here.

On 3/3/2024 at 9:05 PM, bbko said:

Buy a monthly subscription to Netflix or get a Firestick with IPTV or download the youtube app.

I just bought the new Gen-2 version of Firestick off Lazada for about $65 US. I run it off my Phone Hotspot. I have a sim that gets me 100 Gigs a month which is enough.

Thanks to a member here, if you have a lap/desk top, computer get an HDMI cable and connect from Laptop to TV ( I just got a 5m one from Lazada) and use this site.

lookmovie2.to     

50,000 free Movies and TV series, movies load in 10sec.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/4/2024 at 3:00 AM, NONG CHOK said:

Hi there, I have paid TV in my condo and it's not worth a shower of $hit. Of all the channels I found one speaking English and even that channel doesn't interest me. Has anyone got any suggestions for a subscription and costs which includes some sports including Aussie rules football. I'm just short of 80 years old, I'm going ok but these days I don't go out very much as I prefer the comfort of my condo. Thanks

Get a firestick with IPTV loaded, problem fixed.

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I thought most of the cable suppliers here carried ABC which does seem to show Oz football regularly. If it is indeed cable, perhaps retuning to the digital channels is required. Sophon cable, for eg, carry quite a lot of English channels. (It might be that your condo is being cheap and has only wired the 'free to air' local channels). If your internet is good the streaming options are plentiful as answered here.

Sophon Cable has Premier Sports for union, league and Oz rules, and Eurosport, Golf channel and a number of others. Has English language movies and news. Aussie rules starts about mid March I saw. Have to find out if they can run it in to your gaffe. Not expensive. But need a digital TV to get digital channels.

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Sophon Cable has Premier Sports for union, league and Oz rules, and Eurosport, Golf channel and a number of others. Has English language movies and news. Aussie rules starts about mid March I saw. Have to find out if they can run it in to your gaffe. Not expensive. But need a digital TV to get digital channels.

1. Thanks for your advice, I believe there's a scam going on in my condo. I went back to Australia for 12 months and when I came back I made enquiries in the office and I was told I could only use the the TV that they recommended. So I went along with that and I found out after it was installed and paid for that it is total crap. It doesn't even have a name. So it appears that mine was disconnected whilst I was away. Maybe someone is using mine which had a long subscription. By the way the Aussie Rules officially starts on Thursday  March 7. Cheers.

One can get ABC Asia on True Visions, usually live show 4-5 matches per week, But no all condos connected to True Visons on cable. I checked before I rented my current condo, True office can tell you whether your condo is connected to True. (ask at least 3 times to be sure), I have a friend in Suk 32,, he can get True but his True package does not include ABC Asia.

If I could not get ABC Asia at my unit I would go elsewhere.

I had the original ABC  Asia when I was living in Bangkok and it was perfect. Overall it was ordinary but I got the AFL, NRL and also rugby union which satisfied me. Then along came a real Asian hater in Tony Abbot, not only he changed the name but all the overall content it was absolutely useless.

Just now, NONG CHOK said:

I had the original ABC  Asia when I was living in Bangkok and it was perfect. Overall it was ordinary but I got the AFL, NRL and also rugby union which satisfied me. Then along came a real Asian hater in Tony Abbot, not only he changed the name but all the overall content it was absolutely useless.

1 minute ago, NONG CHOK said:

I think he renamed it Asia Pacific.

14 hours ago, bradiston said:

But need a digital TV to get digital channels

It would have to be a pretty old TV not to support digital channels. Sophon doesn't need any fancy box for the TV. I believe it is about 2500 bht/ year.

Edited by jacko45k

IF you have WiFi, buy a Android TV Box - 1200bt 1 time,   Download many free apks from Play store. I have US, Canadian, UK, and many other country channels ( about 200 channels total ) as well as around 5000 movies at NO cost.

If you go IPTV, you can get 8000+ channels ( many English speaking countries )- TV, movies, series etc for around 2000bt a year with a Android TV Box

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It would have to be a pretty old TV not to support digital channels. Sophon doesn't need any fancy box for the TV. I believe it is about 2500 bht/ year.

When I moved into my studio, there was an old analogue TV. Couldn't get the Sophon digital channels. So the old TVs still exist. Sophon is piped in free, or included I mean. It's not a bad service for what it is.

2 hours ago, edwardflory said:

IF you have WiFi, buy a Android TV Box - 1200bt 1 time,   Download many free apks from Play store. I have US, Canadian, UK, and many other country channels ( about 200 channels total ) as well as around 5000 movies at NO cost.

If you go IPTV, you can get 8000+ channels ( many English speaking countries )- TV, movies, series etc for around 2000bt a year with a Android TV Box

Yes, but you'll need a decent internet connection. And unthrottled.

On 3/4/2024 at 10:21 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Google "the tv app" 

Has about 100 american channels so many movies, tv shows and sports (same channels as Aussie Foxtel but free)

Screenshot_20240304_131816_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wow!  That is great.  Thanks for posting.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/6/2024 at 11:30 AM, bradiston said:

Yes, but you'll need a decent internet connection. And unthrottled.

I live 20 minutes outside Korat and use AIS FIBER ( connect via WiFi - 1st connection in my community area ) and Android TV Box for MY TV needs, wife uses AIS PLAY Box. Slightly faster speed if you connect to router supplied by provider

15 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

I live 20 minutes outside Korat and use AIS FIBER ( connect via WiFi - 1st connection in my community area ) and Android TV Box for MY TV needs, wife uses AIS PLAY Box. Slightly faster speed if you connect to router supplied by provider

What is the advertised and actual bandwidth provided by AIS?

• Like 1

If you have decent Wi-Fi, Amazon fire stick and wizztv.co.uk subscription, 3000b for a year.  Best for sports, Danny’s Sports bar (for example), uses Wizz.  Decent support too, think they are based out of Pattaya too.

All you need is a smart tv, REALLY good internet (at least 500mg down speed) an HDMI cable and a good CPU.

Use the smart tv to search for available streaming services and the CPU to search for good tv sites (like referenced above) and you can watch anything you like for not much money (mostly the internet and original outlay for the tv and cpu).

You can even use this setup to make free video calls home. AND, if the tv supports picture in picture, you can video call your friends back home while watching your sports.

Only other things you'd need are a GREAT recliner and a fridge full of beer. :wai:

ps. wireless mouse and keyboard so you can search from the recliner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

All you need is a smart tv, REALLY good internet (at least 500mg down speed) an HDMI cable and a good CPU.

Use the smart tv to search for available streaming services and the CPU to search for good tv sites (like referenced above) and you can watch anything you like for not much money (mostly the internet and original outlay for the tv and cpu).

You can even use this setup to make free video calls home. AND, if the tv supports picture in picture, you can video call your friends back home while watching your sports.

Only other things you'd need are a GREAT recliner and a fridge full of beer. :wai:

ps. wireless mouse and keyboard so you can search from the recliner.

What's 500mg? Miligrams? And a CPU can't search for anything. It's a chip. But you can search on your friend Google or ask around for IPTV services. But even then there may be problems. I'm on 3bb with in theory a 300 Mbps download speed. I get about 170 most of the time. Recently I get endless buffering. 3bb say it's the streaming service. They say it's my ISP. Could be my TV box. But it's nothing to do with my TV.

CPU can't search for anything, it is your units speed processing power.

OPINION: I PREFER a Android based external device ( I use a Android TV Box ) not a Smart TV ( unless you can upgrade the operating system ). My reason, 1200bt for a NEW UPDATED OS every 2 or 3 years instead of a new smart TV costing ????

As to TV service via a router, ( hardwire or WiFi ) you can get a IPTV service with over 8000 "channels" ( TV channels / Movies / Series / Sports / multiple country TV channels / etc ) for somewhere around 2000bt a year.

17 hours ago, edwardflory said:

As to TV service via a router, ( hardwire or WiFi ) you can get a IPTV service with over 8000 "channels" ( TV channels / Movies / Series / Sports / multiple country TV channels / etc ) for somewhere around 2000bt a year.

I just paid 3000 baht for a year of Sophon....:wacko: