90 day rejected

Hi

Almost 3 months ago I got my 1 year marriage extension approved and at the same time I got a 90 day notification paper stamped into my passport. It says I gotta do my next TM47 filing on 13 March. 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login - Tried to file here on the website but I'm getting rejected. Only comment provided is "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."

I'm still living on the same address as last time and it's the same as my TM30. All info is correct. 

Any idea why it's getting rejected? 

If I gotta go in person, where do you do that in Bangkok nowadays? Would prefer not to have to go all the way to Chaeng Watthana again. 

Have you been to a hotel in these 3 months? Is all the correct information in TM-47, such as your address? Maybe that's the problem.

My experience; You have no choice, you must visit IO.

Edited by Tarteso

Get a Thai to call first......just a slim, very slim, chance it could be resolved over the phone.

I'd be faced with a three hour round trip and an age at the IO....so worth a try,

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Hi

Almost 3 months ago I got my 1 year marriage extension approved and at the same time I got a 90 day notification paper stamped into my passport. It says I gotta do my next TM47 filing on 13 March. 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login - Tried to file here on the website but I'm getting rejected. Only comment provided is "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."

I'm still living on the same address as last time and it's the same as my TM30. All info is correct. 

If I gotta go in person, where do you do that in Bangkok nowadays? Would prefer not to have to go all the way to Chaeng Watthana again. 

Is this the first time you've ever tried to file using the website?

There are some information boxes on the online form where there is no red star to indicate that the information is necessary to submit.

These are things such as Given Name, Middle Name, Stay Visa Expiry, Building Name / Owner Name, and Phone No. 

Even though it may seem that some of these boxes of information are not required, if you don't fill in every box, then there is a chance they will reject your online submission. 

So it is best to fill in every single box when completing the online application. 

Otherwise, yes, you will have to go to CW to do it in person. But you can book an appointment online in advance to save time waiting in the queue when you arrive:

https://gov.immigration1.queueonline.net/appointment/login.html

Try this as they suggested.

"Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."

Is it your first report after renewing your 1 year extension?

Usually I have to  report in person for the first one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bunnydrops said:

You may have tried to do it online too soon.

My last notification says I gotta notify again on 13 March and I'm able to do it within 2 weeks of that right? 

57 minutes ago, TylerBKK said:

Is this the first time you've ever tried to file using the website?

There are some information boxes on the online form where there is no red star to indicate that the information is necessary to submit.

These are things such as Given Name, Middle Name, Stay Visa Expiry, Building Name / Owner Name, and Phone No. 

Even though it may seem that some of these boxes of information are not required, if you don't fill in every box, then there is a chance they will reject your online submission. 

So it is best to fill in every single box when completing the online application. 

Otherwise, yes, you will have to go to CW to do it in person. But you can book an appointment online in advance to save time waiting in the queue when you arrive:

https://gov.immigration1.queueonline.net/appointment/login.html

It's the first time for this visa. But I've used the website for TM47s in prior years. Maybe that's not enough? 

Did they move the TM47 applications to the main government building/immigration in CW again? They used to have TM47 in temporary locations nearby before. 

When was your current TM30 filed?

You may have to file a new TM30 on the new website.

There has been anecdotal speculation that the TM47 system bounces against the TM30 system, and with a significant mismatch in data, the TM47 is rejected.

If you live in Bangkok then you have to file a TM47 in person at CW; you can make an appointment.

1 hour ago, TPDH said:

It's the first time for this visa. But I've used the website for TM47s in prior years. Maybe that's not enough? 

Did they move the TM47 applications to the main government building/immigration in CW again? They used to have TM47 in temporary locations nearby before. 

Unfortunately there is no way to be 100% sure what the issue is. It might be the extension of the visa as someone else already mentioned. That's because the system might not know that your visa expiry was extended and the system is expecting you to leave the country based upon your previous visa expiry date. 

Yes, TM.47 submission is back being handled at the main immigration office at CW again. 

Edited by TylerBKK

16 hours ago, freeworld said:

Apparently there is a problem with information you submitted in the online application. You must do it in person. Make sure you bring all your documents with you. Especially proof where you live and rental agreement and the house book. 

19 hours ago, TPDH said:

Hi

I think the message you received says it all: in person and nearest office. What is so difficult to understand?😳

19 hours ago, TPDH said:

Almost 3 months ago I got my 1 year marriage extension approved and at the same time I got a 90 day notification paper stamped into my passport.

It seems that immigration did your first 90 day report for you, which is nice of them. However, it could be that your online report does not match up exactly with what the IO put in the database, even a misspelled entry in one of the fields will result in non-acceptance.

20 hours ago, TPDH said:

Hi

Are you Swiss?   Maybe they want to do a background check on you?   </sarcasm>

20 hours ago, freeworld said:

I did not have to report in person for first one after a renewal of extension. Did it online. (I use Immigration Office Hua Hin.)

I used to get those messages a few years ago.  When I went in to do the 90 day and asked them how come I could not do it online he would just say, "We like to see you."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2024 at 1:01 PM, TPDH said:

Hi

One of the main problems for the 90 day online reporting often comes from making even a small mistake your address.

Posted (edited)

What documents are needed besides your passport for a TM47 visit in Bangkok CW? 

Is there any other immigration office than CW where you can do TM47s that's closer to downtown? 

Edited by TPDH

For what it's worth. For 20 years of doing business with Immigration in Bangkok,I have used the western mode for my address,

street number,name of road,district,province,zip code.

Some 5 years ago my online TM47 was rejected,reason TM30 required.

Home owner submitted the report it was accepted but it was in Thai language.

Since then all my TM47 reports have not changed from western style and have been accepted.

I only came to grief when applying for a certificate of residence,I had to call the owner for the Thai language address details they provided for the TM30

Edited by norbra

On 3/5/2024 at 9:10 PM, Deerculler said:

One of the main problems for the 90 day online reporting often comes from making even a small mistake your address.

After you get right the first time and your application is accepted, then you automatically fill in the same address via the search function.

So after my online application was rejected 3 times (no reason given), I visited Jomtien.

As others have noted, the 90-day reporting is in the building on the left, 2-3 people on the reception desk. None is friendly. They looked over my previous slip, noted I was not overdue, and then automatically started to hand me a new TM.47 to fill out anyway. 

But from reading here, I figured they might. I handed them one I'd already printed out and signed. The next question was, TM.30? I explained I live in my own condo. (Maybe this was behind the rejection; they forgot about that.) But they looked skeptical, so then I handed over a copy of the yellow book AND the copies of the passport, all signed.

They took all that, so I assume that's what they wanted, and handed me a number.

It may not be clear to you, since numbers are being shown and called out over a speaker at the next desk, that you'll also pick up your passport at this same desk. They will call out your number, if you can hear it. They'll keep your passport there to give you if you come by later. 

The waiting time was shown as 40 min, but it took an hour. There's free water in a cooler beside the desk.

Immigration was overall pretty crowded. I don't look forward to my upcoming extension renewal.

Amusing note: above the 90-day desk there's a big framed photo of a long line of expats/tourists stetched out into Soi 5. This reminds you to be thankful for the new buildings, seats, and aircon, though there still aren't enough seats in the main building. And this was the longest time I've ever waited for a 90-day report acceptance.

Edited by BigStar
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2024 at 1:44 PM, freeworld said:

I was told the same by the IO - after the first time extending for another 90 days.  She said that the first 90 days report had to be in pewrson, and then it could be done online. Until I change address and then it has to be done all over again.  

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I was told the same by the IO - after the first time extending for another 90 days.  She said that the first 90 days report had to be in pewrson, and then it could be done online. Until I change address and then it has to be done all over again.  

This is not correct. Sometimes (not always) you might have to do your next 90 days in person after you have been out of the country, or if you've changed your passport, but try online first.

The extension of your original visa is not tied to your 90 day reporting (sometimes they may coincide, but not usually) and as they are done separately, there is absolutely no rule that the next 90 day report after you've extended your visa for another year has to be done in person. The online system works well for most people.