Violent clash between Thai and Filipino trans groups rocks Bangkok

webfact

26 minutes ago, tgw said:

I'm still trying to find a video of the initial assault and robbing.

I saw one with a lot of finger flipping by the Pinoys, but nothing physical.

Could someone please post a link to the initial video?

It's all over Thai TV this evening

11 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

What caused it?

The Thai group assembled in response to an incident on March 5, where a Thai ladyboy was assaulted and robbed by a group of about 20 Filipino ladyboys.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Savages.

A couple of gun shots into the sky would have soon stopped that carry on.

Peaceful, fun loving people the locals are....

Quite a few gun shots into the crowd would have netted better results - sick in the head - roll the army in and send them to reeducation camps like they did the leaders of the red/yellow riots.

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

Business competition? i.e. the Phillipinos were performing work reserved for Thai ladyboys.

Pinos Probably undercutting like they do with all other jobs😉

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Meanwhile, in other news today, the PM announced Thailand is offering itself up as host for the 2028 LGBTQ+ summit, "ready to embrace its role as the host of what Thavisin enthusiastically terms the “world cup” of LGBTQ+ festivities." 

Oh, the irony! From the article:

"Yes, come 2028, Thailand is poised to become the heartbeat of the LGBTQ+ community worldwide, showcasing not just its breathtaking landscapes but its monumental support for gender inclusivity.

Last year’s Pride parade, a kaleidoscope of colors and smiles, was just a glimpse into Thailand’s welcoming heart.

...buzzing with anticipation to welcome the world to Thailand’s shores...

Thailand is not just preparing to host an event; it’s readying itself to become a beacon of love, inclusivity, and unity."

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Ask the Thai government not to allow Filipino ladyboys to enter our country

Any so called ladyboys enter as males as do Thai ladyboys when they travel obviously, but sure yeah you can pick them out in their male form ha ha, once they are in the country they are at they kit up and work.

I live/work in Muscat Oman as an expat, when my Thai wife first arrived in the country she went to the Thai Embassy here in Muscat to ask something she was shocked to see 5 x ladyboys in the reception area just chilling out waiting for whatever they were there for

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Discover lesser-known facts about Thailand’s ladyboy culture, including acceptance, beauty pageants, and societal roles. Learn how to spot a ladyboy and challenge stereotypes.

subliminal message thrown in at the end of the article?

brilliant. it worked on me.

where do I sign up?

12 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

Any so called ladyboys enter as males as do Thai ladyboys when they travel obviously, but sure yeah you can pick them out in their male form ha ha, once they are in the country they are at they kit up and work.

I live/work in Muscat Oman as an expat, when my Thai wife first arrived in the country she went to the Thai Embassy here in Muscat to ask something she was shocked to see 5 x ladyboys in the reception area just chilling out waiting for whatever they were there for

I know one who get arrested in England and deported she should have studying at Uni, 

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

Filipinos are not that fond of Thai's, come to think of it neither are Burmese..Loas or Cambodians. 😂

what absolute tosh. Who have you been listening to - bar flies? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

what absolute tosh. Who have you been listening to - bar flies? 

well Filo friends have told me this in Bangkok a few times in discussion, and I know for fact Burmese despise them since the Koh Tao saga, Cambodians certainly are weary of them as are Laotians.

but you believe what you want ..... that's your prerogative..

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well Filo friends have told me this in Bangkok a few times in discussion, and I know for fact Burmese despise them since the Koh Tao saga, Cambodians certainly are weary of them as are Laotians.

but you believe what you want ..... that's your prerogative..

I will, thanks. None of what you say is fact.......much closer to vindictive gossip and hearsay. Of course some filipinas will dislike Thais, just as some will dislike Brits and some will dislike other filipinas. Stating it as a fact for all filipinas and also then roping in the Burmese too is just ridiculous. Are you so deperate to join in you'd make stuff up? 

Edited by Jackbenimble
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

I will, thanks. None of what you say is fact.......much closer to vindictive gossip and hearsay. Of course some filipinas will dislike Thais, just as some will dislike Brits and some will dislike other filipinas. Stating it as a fact for all filipinas and also then roping in the Burmese too is just ridiculous. Are you so deperate to join in you'd make stuff up? 

enough said .... you sound misguided .... I'm telling you what I know and what I  believe as correct.

good bye ... thanks.

no-reply.

• Thumbs Up 1