Jomtien Immigration closure dates over Songkran?

I have to do a 30 day extension at Jomtien. I potentially could have my stamp expire on 17th April, being a Sunday. As we all know, Jomtien has this BS rule that you are not allowed to apply for an extension more than one (1) business day before your stamp expires in your passport.

Does anyone know Jomtien Immigration closure dates over Songkran? I'm guessing with all these 5 public holidays they might be a bit more flexible in allowing you to come an extend it prior, or do you think they'll ask people to come on Monday 18th March, after your stamp has already expired and you are technically on overstay?

5 days of public holidays: https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/thailand/2024

12 Apr Friday Songkran Holiday National holiday
13 Apr Saturday Songkran National holiday
14 Apr Sunday Songkran Holiday National holiday
15 Apr Monday Songkran Holiday National holiday
16 Apr Tuesday Songkran Observed National holiday

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

I have to do a 30 day extension at Jomtien. I potentially could have my stamp expire on 17th March, being a Sunday. As we all know, Jomtien has this BS rule that you are not allowed to apply for an extension more than one (1) business day before your stamp expires in your passport.

Does anyone know Jomtien Immigration closure dates over Songkran? I'm guessing with all these 5 public holidays they might be a bit more flexible in allowing you to come an extend it prior, or do you think they'll ask people to come on Monday 18th March, after your stamp has already expired and you are technically on overstay?

5 days of public holidays: https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/thailand/2024

12 Apr Friday Songkran Holiday National holiday
13 Apr Saturday Songkran National holiday
14 Apr Sunday Songkran Holiday National holiday
15 Apr Monday Songkran Holiday National holiday
16 Apr Tuesday Songkran Observed National holiday

If your stamp expire on 17th March why are you worried about the office being closed in April? I have not looked if there are any holidays in March.

18 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

If your stamp expire on 17th March why are you worried about the office being closed in April? I have not looked if there are any holidays in March.

Ditto that---very confusing post.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, biervoormij said:

Sorry, I meant to say 17th April for stamp expiry. It's actually a Wednesday. I was looking at the wrong calendar dates.

Edited by bbi1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't know the dates, but last year Jom Imm was closed for 6 consecutive days. I know because I can see it from my condo windows. Couldn't believe they would let it be closed more than 4, INCLUDING the weekend. TIT