Long-fugitive rape suspect caught after 19 years in Thailand

snoop1130

1-32.jpg

A 52 year old man was arrested yesterday for a 19 year old case involving the rape of a nurse’s aide, a crime he says was motivated by love and financial incapacity. The Central Investigation Bureau’s (CIB) long arm of the law finally closed in on the suspect, known only as Got, who had successfully eluded capture for nearly two decades, following an operation led by Police Lieutenant General Sararut Saengsophak and his team.

The harrowing incident originally unfolded in February 2005, when Got, then a travelling picture frame seller, encountered a nurse’s aide named A (pseudonym) in Suwannaphum district, Roi Et province.

Got, struck by affection for A, fostered a relationship that quickly gained her trust. He allegedly lured her to his residence under false pretences, where he forcibly raped her three times. The victim managed to escape while Got slept and reported the crime to the police. Fearing retribution, Got immediately fled the area, sparking an extensive manhunt.

The persistent search by authorities culminated near Mittraphap Road, Kilometre 465, Udon Thani province, where Got was finally apprehended. During the investigation, Got confessed to the crime, stating that his actions stemmed from a deep love for A and the desire to marry her. Hindered by a lack of funds to formally propose marriage, he resorted to deceit to fulfil his intentions.

“It was love that drove me to commit such an act. I wanted to marry her but had no money to ask for her hand properly, which led me to devise a plan and commit the crime.”

The CIB’s success in capturing Got after such a long period highlights the department’s commitment to ensuring justice, regardless of time elapsed. The case now proceeds to Suwannaphum Police Station for further legal action, offering a semblance of closure to a chapter that remained unresolved for almost two decades, reported KhaoSod.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 1

So, what happened in the interim to the victim (A)?  I hope she was able to achieve some kind of normality after experiencing this guy's treachery.

• Like 2

No, it was control that led you to commit such a depraved act. Money has and will never have to do anything with rape. You lusted after a pretty woman, wasn't attractive enough to be attractive enough to her, and or maybe too broke, and your childish impulse had you do something despicable to satisfy yourself, as it's never anything to a woman but control. And love's got nothing to do with it.

Edited by fredwiggy

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“It was love that drove me to commit such an act. I wanted to marry her but had no money to ask for her hand properly, which led me to devise a plan and commit the crime.”

Or he could of just talked to her first and said he was flat broke.

Give credit to those who caught him.

After 19 years you'd expect for it to be case closed. At least A can experience some closure, although hearing his unconvincing excuses won't help.

Hope he gets punished for not outwardly admitting his crime. 3 times in one go is nothing to do with love and money. Sick.