Anyone else seeing a long delay by WISE this month?

I initiated a transfer on 29 Feb from a US account.  Initially, WISE told me that it would arrive the next day.....but after sending, they amended that to 6 March.

The money was withdrawn from my account on 1 March, the day after it was sent.  Now, the WISE app is stating that WISE still hasn't received my money so it's going to take a few more days.

Is this just a "me" problem or is WISE experiencing some sort of system-wide difficulty?  (I'm wondering if the leap day might be a factor here in confusing their automated system.)

3 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

WISE told me that it would arrive the next day.....but after sending, they amended that to 6 March.

I'd make a formal complaint, especially if you were quoted the next day and now a week out....

• Agree 1

A week ago I had a transfer delayed by 24hours or money returned to the ource if I didn't reply to their question which was "please explain further the reason for the transfer"

I replied to them saying that I had selected "for living expenses" as I had done for my last 10 transfers, so what is it you don't understand about living expenses?

They transferred the money with the 24 hour delay.

I'd guess that they either didn't have enough THB in their Thai account or they just wanted to wait for a better exchange rate for them.

I didn't give them any information in my reply that they didn't already have.

No not really

Arriving in 3 to 4 seconds as always

All my transfers are £1000 or slightly less. I have noticed though that if I put say £1250 in and it stretches out to 2 hours or something

I'm only surmising that when it exceeds 50.000 Baht landing it takes a little longer  ??

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I'm only surmising that when it exceeds 50.000 Baht landing it takes a little longer  ??

Not in my experience, THB 75000 in 8 seconds on 3 March, from a UK Wise account.  I suspect the destination bank may also influence the time taken, i.e. if other than Bangkok or Kasikorn it may take longer perhaps.

The transfer in the OP was for 67,000 THB and change.  It normally takes one business day from the time I send until receipt in my Bangkok Bank account.  

The crazy thing is I can't even cancel the transaction since WISE says they haven't received the money yet.....though it's clearly been sent via ACH from my credit union to WISE several days ago.

Guess I'll have to try to call them when they open again....ugh.  

These problems invariable concern transfers from the United States. Two transfers this week from Singapore, one on a Sunday evening, both arrived within seconds. 

1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:

I initiated a transfer on 29 Feb from a US account.  Initially, WISE told me that it would arrive the next day.....but after sending, they amended that to 6 March.

The money was withdrawn from my account on 1 March, the day after it was sent.  Now, the WISE app is stating that WISE still hasn't received my money so it's going to take a few more days.

Is this just a "me" problem or is WISE experiencing some sort of system-wide difficulty?  (I'm wondering if the leap day might be a factor here in confusing their automated system.)

Was money pulled from your bank account or did you send to Wise (pull then seem to credit immediately)?  Was the amount higher than a few thousand dollars?  Believe all can be factors on time it takes.  I had automatic transfer from bank account for $2500 scheduled for 2nd of month and arrived normally first bank day on 4th at normal 1400 time  I stared a pull from bank yesterday afternoon and it is scheduled for normal 1400 today and sent at 0845 today (account flagged to use BBL).

edit - seems you sent the money from bank - and those may take some time - when they pull from my bank actual withdrawal is often days after I receive the transfers.

Edited by lopburi3

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Was money pulled from your bank account or did you send to Wise (pull then seem to credit immediately)?  Was the amount higher than a few thousand dollars?  Believe all can be factors on time it takes.  I had automatic transfer from bank account for $2500 scheduled for 2nd of month and arrived normally first bank day on 4th at normal 1400 time  I stared a pull from bank yesterday afternoon and it is scheduled for normal 1400 today and sent at 0845 today (account flagged to use BBL).

edit - seems you sent the money from bank - and those may take some time - when they pull from my bank actual withdrawal is often days after I receive the transfers.

I initiated the transfer - as I always do - by logging onto WISE and creating a pull from my bank account.  That happened within 24 hours, as it normally does.

This month's procedure was no different than any other.....except WISE is holding the money instead of sending to BBL.  

1 minute ago, TheAppletons said:

I initiated the transfer - as I always do - by logging onto WISE and creating a pull from my bank account.  That happened within 24 hours, as it normally does.

This month's procedure was no different than any other.....except WISE is holding the money instead of sending to BBL.  

As said - not my experience this month and have done same twice - once automatic and once manual.  But both from normal bank rather than CU.  If Wise did not immediately report funds received suspect an issue with CU response.  On my transfer yesterday Wise page immediately reported funds received and when payment/amount would be made.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

As said - not my experience this month and have done same twice - once automatic and once manual.  But both from normal bank rather than CU.  If Wise did not immediately report funds received suspect an issue with CU response.  On my transfer yesterday Wise page immediately reported funds received and when payment/amount would be made.

Doubtful but I've requested the transaction reference number so I can provide it to WISE when I call them.  

Edited by TheAppletons

Partial excerpt from WISE email response:

"......Please be informed that if you're paying for transfer using ACH direct debit, it usually takes up to 4 working days for your money to reach us.  You’ll see the debit in your bank account within 2-3 working days of making the transfer.  However, since the money has been debited from your account, we're still waiting for your money to reach us."

This is patently false.  I may need to find a new way to move money over.  

3 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Not in my experience, THB 75000 in 8 seconds on 3 March, from a UK Wise account.  I suspect the destination bank may also influence the time taken, i.e. if other than Bangkok or Kasikorn it may take longer perhaps.

I wont screenshot but I just put in £1000 which lands "in seconds" according to app

I then put in £1250 but now it reverts to "arrives on Thursday"

Thats RBS to Wise to SCB

Effectively unless we were in an emergency it hardly matter anyway I guess

Edited by Chivas

Another email from WISE:

To help us locate your money, please send us a new proof of payment that shows:

Sender’s full name as the account holder
Sender’s bank account details
Recipient’s bank details
Payment date
Amount and currency sent
Reference used
The sender’s bank should be able to provide a PDF that shows this info. But if not, you can also send us an online banking screenshot.

Seriously?  WTAF?  I do this monthly, same process.  

Wise always send me an email telling me when my pensions arrive in my Wise borderless account. I transfer it the same day to my Thai Bangkok Bank account and keep track of it. Wise also send me an email telling me that my money is in the Bangkok and the time it will be available and they are rarely more than a couple of minutes off. They even tell me if it will be late due to a Thai bank holiday.

10 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

The crazy thing is I can't even cancel the transaction since WISE says they haven't received the money yet.....though it's clearly been sent via ACH from my credit union to WISE several days ago.

Maybe it's a credit union problem.  Have them track the funds.

When was your last transfer?  Wise recently switched back from Evolve Bank to Community Federal, so if using the old account numbers, the money would eventually be returned.

12 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

I initiated a transfer on 29 Feb from a US account.  Initially, WISE told me that it would arrive the next day

Are you starting the transfer at Wise, pulling from your bank, rather than sending from your bank website to Wise?

My last transfer was the 20th of February for 518,624.82 baht sent to Kasikorn and it was instant.

But I always send money to Wise first, exchange the money, and then withdraw (to Thai bank).

I think I have seen a multi-day delay 2-4 times, although at least once they wanted me to submit documents as part of their AML/KYC procedures.

Final update: Within 15 minutes of sending my credit union's tracing number for the ACH transaction to WISE via email, WISE rep responded that '......I can see your money has already reached us.'  Transfer is back on track and will be paid out today, a week after I initiated the transfer.

I was "guaranteed" an exchange rate of 35.88 and the rate has dropped since I initiated the transfer (today it's 35.62).  I don't know if WISE was slow-rolling my transaction because of that (I'd like to think not) or if it simply got "lost in the shuffle" (again, I'd like to think not.) 

Whatever the case, it's unsatisfactory service that appears to have been resolved, though I remain unconvinced that WISE was being entirely truthful when claiming they had not received the money.

3 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

[…] the rate has dropped since I initiated the transfer (today it's 35.62).  I don't know if WISE was slow-rolling my transaction because of that […] I remain unconvinced that WISE was being entirely truthful when claiming they had not received the money.

I have a hard time seeing why the employee who handled your case would be motivated to slow-roll your case or lie to you, they wouldn’t get anything out of it, other than possible complaints and a warning from their supervisor.

More likely the employee was just lazy/overworked, and didn’t look thoroughly into your case, or possibly they would need to have escalated your case, if they had to investigate if any amount matching your transaction was unmatched in their omnibus account system, as regular help desk employees probably don’t have direct access to this system (somewhat sensitive information), so first answer is “wait a few days” (to see if the system will self-correct, as probably their omnibus account system can match amounts that lack the proper reference, but they must have been unmatched for some minimum amount of days).

Is it cheaper to get your UK pension paid into Wise and transfer to Thailand , 

or having the pension paid into HSBC UK and then using Wise to transfer to Thailand ?