Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Again, a video of a man who is defending his home from invading IDF and is about to be killed, or a woman who has been taken hostage is not "hilarious." They are despicable.  

This was not a woman being taken hostage but it may well have been one of the terrorists that took a woman hostage or murdered one of them. Who are despicable?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This was not a woman being taken hostage but it may well have been one of the terrorists that took a woman hostage or murdered one of them. Who are despicable?

"May well have been"? Is that sufficient for you? I think every able bodied male over 16 may well be a member of Hamas in Gaza. Is that not always the case in war?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

"May well have been"? Is that sufficient for you? I think every able bodied male over 16 may well be a member of Hamas in Gaza. Is that not always the case in war?

What are you blabbing about? They had machine guns and waiting to ambush Israeli soldiers

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

- The Hamas terrorists that took hostages are despicable.
- The IDF soldiers who are invading Gaza and killing Palestinians are despicable.
- The man in the video was not committing terrorist acts, was in what looks like his own home in Gaza, and appeared to be preparing to defend it from the invading IDF. He is not despicable.
- The IDF, who then stormed what appeared to be an apartment complex, firing at everything along the way, and presumably killed the man shown earlier in the video, are despicable.

But my actual charge was that the video was despicable, and so are any who think it is "hilarious." 

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What are you blabbing about? They had machine guns and waiting to ambush Israeli soldiers

...and waiting to defend their home and homeland against invading Israeli soldiers....

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not what I said. That every male over 16 is armed in Gaza is no surprise. You made a baseless allegation that they "may well have been" accused of war crimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

He was in Gaza, in his homeland. He was not committing horrific acts in Israel, and there is no way for the IDF to know if he did, at least if they killed him as described. 

Can't you see that videos like this of someone about to be killed are just like the videos of the people killed and hostages taken on Oct 7?  You thought those were horrible. Why, then, would you think one like this is "hilarious"?

Stop being dramatic and start thinking logically. The terrorist that was killed was part of the group that wishes to remove the Israelis from their land. In war when you are fighting the enemy they are to be eliminated, it is either you or them.

You take the killing of terrorists very seriously but innocent Israelis not so much. 

Who has said that I think this is hilarious, not me, oh that's correct, something else you have made up to spice up your posts, it was not hilarious, it was necessary!

Just now, WDSmart said:

- The Hamas terrorists that took hostages are despicable.
- The IDF soldiers who are invading Gaza and killing Palestinians are despicable.
- The man in the video was not committing terrorist acts, was in what looks like his own home in Gaza, and appeared to be preparing to defend it from the invading IDF. He is not despicable.
- The IDF, who then stormed what appeared to be an apartment complex, firing at everything along the way, and presumably killed the man shown earlier in the video, are despicable.

But my actual charge was that the video was despicable, and so are any who think it is "hilarious." 

Move the goal posts then, who you consider despicable is not my concern. Hamas are terrorists, who are despicable that is a fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Move the goal posts then, who you consider despicable is not my concern. Hamas are terrorists, who are despicable that is a fact.

The entire Gazan administration are Hamas. So that makes them all terrorists? That's no more the case than all IDF soldiers are war criminals.

• Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Not what I said. That every male over 16 is armed in Gaza is no surprise. You made a baseless allegation that they "may well have been" accused of war crimes.

What I said is:

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

From the link:

"The IDF releases footage captured by a drone showing a Hamas gunman waiting to ambush troops inside a building in the Hamad Town residential complex in Khan Younis."

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

What I said is:

From the link:

"The IDF releases footage captured by a drone showing a Hamas gunman waiting to ambush troops inside a building in the Hamad Town residential complex in Khan Younis."

One persons hiding in a building is another person's waiting to ambush.

• Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

The entire Gazan administration are Hamas. So that makes them all terrorists? That's no more the case than all IDF soldiers are war criminals.

Rubbish Hamas military wing are terrorists, official, not arguing with you about that.

Just now, ozimoron said:

One persons hiding in a building is another person's waiting to ambush.

Yes I saw the video and read the link, but I do not expect you to believe the IDF at all. That would be too much to ask

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Rubbish Hamas military wing are terrorists, official, not arguing with you about that.

You made an unequivocal claim that all Hamas are terrorists and now walking that back with your qualification of "military wing". Then you complained about moving the goal posts.

Yes I saw the video and read the link, but I do not expect you to believe the IDF at all. That would be too much to ask

It would. I believe nothing emanating from either side of the conflict. I accept only independent press accounts and then only with a healthy dose of skepticism.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You made an unequivocal claim that all Hamas are terrorists and now walking that back with your qualification of "military wing". Then you complained about moving the goal posts.

You made an unequivocal claim that all Hamas are terrorists

They are, those with guns waiting to ambush IDF are frigging terrorists. The link and video is about Hamas terrorists. Stop the baiting nonsense

Just now, ozimoron said:

It would. I believe nothing emanating from either side of the conflict. I accept only independent press accounts and then only with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Yes I see the Al Jazeera links you put up...............

You made an unequivocal claim that all Hamas are terrorists

They are, those with guns waiting to ambush IDF are frigging terrorists. The link and video is about Hamas terrorists. Stop the baiting nonsense

Terrorists are people who have committed terrorism.

The vast bulk of Hamas are defending their country just as the vast bulk of IDF soldiers are doing the same.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Stop being dramatic and start thinking logically. The terrorist that was killed was part of the group that wishes to remove the Israelis from their land. In war when you are fighting the enemy they are to be eliminated, it is either you or them.

You take the killing of terrorists very seriously but innocent Israelis not so much. 

Who has said that I think this is hilarious, not me, oh that's correct, something else you have made up to spice up your posts, it was not hilarious, it was necessary!

I may be at times dramatic, but I am thinking logically - and, more importantly, fairly.

There is no evidence that the man in the video is or was a terrorist. And there's no evidence that the man in the video wants to remove the Israelis from their land. It is only obvious that he wants to protect his home and homeland, and I believe he wants to remove Israelis from it. 

I take the killing of anyone very seriously, but I understand how the killing of terrorists and those who invade your country can be justified. I do take the killing of innocent Israelis seriously, and also the killing of innocent Palestinians, which you seem not to.

Bkk Brian posted the video and described it as "hilarious."

Terrorists are people who have committed terrorism.

The whole Hamas military wing is delegated a terror organization. You are a terrorist belonging to them.

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wow! This is another one of your posts with which I agree! It is too much to ask me to believe the IDF...

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I see the Al Jazeera links you put up...............

And the IDF links and quotes you put up........

• Thanks 1

The whole Hamas military wing is delegated a terror organization. You are a terrorist belonging to them.

That's not universally true. Ask Amnesty International for a start. I stand by by assertion that terrorists are only people credibly accused (at least) of having committed or planning a terrorist act. Proof is required.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The last part of that statement is hilarious! 

Just now, WDSmart said:

Yes, what about them?

The Growing List of Al Jazeera Terrorists

https://www.commentary.org/jonathan-schanzer/the-growing-list-of-al-jazeera-terrorists/

Al Jazeera journalist reportedly moonlights as Hamas commander claims IDF

https://aseannow.com/topic/1319746-al-jazeera-journalist-reportedly-moonlights-as-hamas-commander-claims-idf/

That's not universally true. Ask Amnesty International for a start. I stand by by assertion that terrorists are only people credibly accused (at least) of having committed or planning a terrorist act. Proof is required.

Who cares, this is about terrorists trying to ambush the IDF, I'm finished entertaining your deflection

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I may be at times dramatic, but I am thinking logically - and, more importantly, fairly.

There is no evidence that the man in the video is or was a terrorist. And there's no evidence that the man in the video wants to remove the Israelis from their land. It is only obvious that he wants to protect his home and homeland, and I believe he wants to remove Israelis from it. 

I take the killing of anyone very seriously, but I understand how the killing of terrorists and those who invade your country can be justified. I do take the killing of innocent Israelis seriously, and also the killing of innocent Palestinians, which you seem not to.

Bkk Brian posted the video and described it as "hilarious."

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

He was in Gaza, in his homeland. He was not committing horrific acts in Israel, and there is no way for the IDF to know if he did, at least if they killed him as described. 

Can't you see that videos like this of someone about to be killed are just like the videos of the people killed and hostages taken on Oct 7?  You thought those were horrible. Why, then, would you think one like this is "hilarious"?

You have made a fool of yourself again by repeatedly accusing me of saying things I haven't, I would appreciate it if you could be a little less duplicitous, it ruins the debate when you make stories up.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, what about them?

They are as believable to me as the Al Jazeerah links are to you.

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

They are as believable to me as the Al Jazeerah links are to you.

Yes I agree with you, they are believable to you I know but still could not care less about what you believe or not

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You have made a fool of yourself again by repeatedly accusing me of saying things I haven't, I would appreciate it if you could be a little less duplicitous, it ruins the debate when you make stories up.

I said, then, that it was Bkk Brian who posted the video and called it "hilarious." You agreed with almost everything he then said. That was the gist of my remark. What ruins the debate (I'd call it an "argument") is when you get offended at something I've said that is a bit misdirected. Just call me out on it and be done with it. I guarantee I will never accuse you of something you said if I know you didn't. You say enough things of which I disagree that I don't have to make any up,