Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Anyone know how many Israelis have been displaced during this 'war'?

Also, how many of Israel's buildings have been destroyed? 

Some 200,000 Israelis have been internally displaced in the ongoing Israel-Hamas following the terror group's October 7 massacre in southern Israel. The Israeli government protect their civilians and infrastructure with the iron dome, unlike the Hamas terrorists who do nothing to protect their civilians or buildings and instead use them as human shields while they build tunnels underneath

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Some 200,000 Israelis have been internally displaced in the ongoing Israel-Hamas following the terror group's October 7 massacre in southern Israel. The Israeli government protect their civilians with the iron dome, unlike the Hamas terrorists who do nothing to protect their civilians and instead use them as human shields

My understanding is that they have been displaced by Hezbollah, not Hamas.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

My understanding is that they have been displaced by Hezbollah, not Hamas.

And? Mostly and others have not returned to their homes that were burnt and remain near the war zone borders. The answer to his question remains the same:

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Some 200,000 Israelis have been internally displaced in the ongoing Israel-Hamas following the terror group's October 7 massacre in southern Israel. The Israeli government protect their civilians and infrastructure with the iron dome, unlike the Hamas terrorists who do nothing to protect their civilians or buildings and instead use them as human shields while they build tunnels underneath

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

And? Mostly and others have not returned to their homes that were burnt and remain near the war zone borders. The answer to his question remains the same:

Israel is not conducting ethnic cleansing operations against Hezbollah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

stop making things up and off topic, it is being attacked by rockets from Hezbollah. Israelis have been evacuated from border areas and from Kfar Aza and 31 other kibbutzim and moshavim close to the Gaza border

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

stop making things up and off topic, it is being attacked by rockets from Hezbollah. Israelis have been evacuated from border areas and from Kfar Aza and 31 other kibbutzim and moshavim close to the Gaza border

I'm well aware of that. I'm pretty sure the question was how many buildings have been destroyed and people displaced by Hamas. While the conflict with Hezbollah is on topic I haven't seen them mentioned here for some time, if at all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I'm well aware of that. I'm pretty sure the question was how many buildings have been destroyed and people displaced by Hamas. While the conflict with Hezbollah is on topic I haven't seen them mentioned here for some time, if at all.

I couldn't care less, I answered a question for another poster, that's as far as my interest on the subject goes.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Palestinians redefine many words and moving civilians out of harms way suddenly becomes ethnic cleansing! 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The dictionary defines mass displacement of civilians as ethnic cleansing.  The Palestinians haven't rewritten the English dictionary.

Has Gaza got ethnic cleansing? can you explain why that would be? Can you explain the difference of getting people out of harms way as much as possible because Hamas is using them as human shields would still be ethnic cleansing? I take it there is still no link to your previous claims?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't need to imagine anything. I know why they have done it. Israeli officials are on record as wanting to remove the Palestinian population out of Gaza as they believe the entirety of the land belongs to Israel. Additionally, we have seen the mass displacement caused by the indiscriminate use of high explosive bombs and wanton destruction of Palestinian homes, schools and hospitals plus the use of starvation to displace them.

This is clear an unequivocal ethnic cleansing and  is the reason that the ICJ has decided to take up the complaint by SA.

Read my post again

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Can't beat the Israelis in terms of redefinitions. Calling its army "the most moral army in the world", for instance, is an interesting one.

From the UN's Relief Web:

Horrific testimonies: Israeli army tortures Palestinians in Gaza physically and psychologically

As Israel continues its genocide in the Gaza Strip, ongoing since 7 October 2023, Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor has documented the Israeli army's sadistic abuse and torture of Palestinians there. This includes purposefully causing severe physical and psychological harm, which will undoubtedly have long-term effects, after storming their homes and shelter centres or attacking them on forced evacuation routes and so-called "safe corridors".

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/horrific-testimonies-israeli-army-tortures-palestinians-gaza-physically-and-psychologically-enar#:~:text=Euro-Med Monitor confirmed that,%2C displacement centres%2C and neighbourhoods.

You should check Hamas promotors Euro Med who wrote the report

Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor's leadership routinely posts antisemitic and pro-Hamas content online

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

Ah yes, I forgot the United Nations and Euro-Med (an independent Human Rights advocacy group based in Geneva) are now antisemitic. Another redefinition of note.

What has that to do with their promotion of Hamas and writing unverified reports that are debunked with facts?

• Sad 1

Yes of course, the UN is a conspiracy theory group. This (tragic) farce gets more absurd each passing day.

No that's you making things up, to deflect this and a lot more

The chairman of Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor’s Board is none other than Richard Falk—the former UN Special Rapporteur on Palestine who has hailed Hamas’ “spirit of resistance,” justified Palestinian violence, and claimed that Hamas aims for “long-term peaceful co-existence.” While he was Special Rapporteur, Falk was at the center of multiple controversies that led to continuous calls for his resignation by the U.S., UK, Canada, Australia, and others.  According to the U.S. State Department, this was because of his “despicable and deeply offensive comments, particularly his anti-Semitic blog postings, his endorsement of 9/11 conspiracy theories, and his deplorable statements with regard to the terrorist attacks in Boston.” Falk had first called the Boston bombing a false flag and then justified it as a form of “resistance” that was “bound” to result from U.S. “military undertakings.” Even Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon had to come out several times to publicly denounce Falk’s statements. Falk’s antisemitism has even gotten him fired from a Human Rights Watch committee.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Can't beat the Israelis in terms of redefinitions. Calling its army "the most moral army in the world", for instance, is an interesting one.

From the UN's Relief Web:

Horrific testimonies: Israeli army tortures Palestinians in Gaza physically and psychologically

As Israel continues its genocide in the Gaza Strip, ongoing since 7 October 2023, Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor has documented the Israeli army's sadistic abuse and torture of Palestinians there. This includes purposefully causing severe physical and psychological harm, which will undoubtedly have long-term effects, after storming their homes and shelter centres or attacking them on forced evacuation routes and so-called "safe corridors".

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/horrific-testimonies-israeli-army-tortures-palestinians-gaza-physically-and-psychologically-enar#:~:text=Euro-Med Monitor confirmed that,%2C displacement centres%2C and neighbourhoods.

The UN were part of the incursion into Israel on 7/10, you must be so proud of the failed organisation that as always been useless, but now it is not only useless but biased and corrupt! 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Yes, I know Falk and his problems started in the early 2010s when he started reporting on what was going on in the West Bank and Gaza.

Ban-Ki-Moon was subjected to heavy political pressure at the time, but since he left the UN, he has de facto been on Falk's side and repeatedly accused Israel of practising Apartheid.

Falk is anti-Semitic and a conspiracy theorist, I believe you know a lot about those theories. Here is his side kick in Euro Med, another vile piece of work:

"Ramy Abdu, Euro-Med’s founder and current chairman who is in charge of the organization’s day-to-day operations, is no better than Falk. In fact, he may be much worse. Abdu is not just a terrorist sympathizer but rather an active supporter of Hamas on Twitter. Just in the past week, he has compared Israel to the Nazis, said that “Israel’s future ends here“, and retweeted a post denying that Hamas sexually assaulted Israeli women on October 7th, referring to this as “a fabricated lie.”

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

This quote is from UN Watch. From their website's "Our work" page:

UN Watch is a non-profit organization dedicated to holding the United Nations accountable to its founding principles. Through its regular monitoring, UN Watch is a key resource for information and analysis about the UN.

UN Watch is a leading voice combating antisemitism and anti-Israel bias at the UN engaging in advocacy at the highest levels of government and countering misinformation in the media.

https://unwatch.org/about-us/our-work/

I have posted my source (United Nations website), you haver posted yours. Those reading this thread can reach their informed conclusions.

The article was by Euro Med that are Hamas supporters, anti-Semite's and conspiracy theorists.

Yes I have my source:

image.png.85db6340638745116905c076d5d518ca.png

https://twitter.com/UNWatch

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

UN Watch is a non-profit organization dedicated to holding the United Nations accountable to its founding principles. Through its regular monitoring, UN Watch is a key resource for information and analysis about the UN.

UN Watch is a leading voice combating antisemitism and anti-Israel bias at the UN engaging in advocacy at the highest levels of government and countering misinformation in the media.

I have posted my source (United Nations website), you haver posted yours. Those reading this thread can reach their informed conclusions.

Excellent work by UN watch, it’s because of independent orgs like this that those who do wrong are made accountable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

What is your comment on that ?

You seem to be criticising the group who opposed biasedness and Anti Semitism .

Are you critical of a group that opposes Anti-Semitism ?

The group opposed biased ness , are you in favour of biased and Anti Semitic groups ?

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What is your comment on that ?

You seem to be criticising the group who opposed biasedness and Anti Semitism .

Are you critical of a group that opposes Anti-Semitism ?

The group opposed biased ness , are in in favour of biased and Anti Semitic groups ?

You know what my views on current events in Gaza are. As I said, those reading can read my post, then Brian's, and decide for themselves what they believe is the truth.

• Agree 2

You know what my views on current events in Gaza are. As I said, those reading can read my post, then Brian's, and decide for themselves what they believe is the truth.

UNwatch oppose Anti Semitism .

Are you in favour of their anti Semitic stance or do you oppose their Anti Semitic stance ? 

Do you stand with UNWatch on this issue ?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

He was not asking your views on current events. Lame dodge

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1