Missouri: home to child marriage, corporal punishment and sick ‘child welfare’ ideas

Social Media

image.png

Missouri, a state with a history of concerning child welfare practices, has once again found itself in the spotlight for controversial legislative proposals affecting children's rights and LGBTQ+ rights. From lax laws on child marriage to the allowance of corporal punishment in schools, Missouri has faced criticism for its approach to protecting vulnerable populations.

One particularly alarming proposal comes from state representative Jamie Gragg, who has introduced a bill that would force teachers to register as sex offenders if they use a transgender child's preferred pronouns or assist them in their social transition. This bill, if passed, would categorize such actions as a class E felony, resulting in severe consequences for educators, including being banned from working at schools and being within 500 feet of one.

This extreme proposal is part of a broader trend where Republicans aim to push legislation further to the right, utilizing ambiguous language to create a chilling effect on behavior and interpretation. The vague definition of "social transition" in the bill leaves room for broad interpretation, potentially ensnaring teachers for simple acts of support or acknowledgment of a child's gender identity.

While HB2885, as it stands, may not progress through the state legislature, it serves as a disturbing indication of the political climate and the potential erosion of LGBTQ+ rights. The proliferation of anti-trans bills across the country, including in Missouri, poses a significant threat to the safety and well-being of transgender and non-gender-conforming individuals.

The mere existence of such legislation contributes to a hostile environment for LGBTQ+ individuals, with repercussions extending beyond the legislative process. The rise in transgender deaths, both from violence and suicide, underscores the urgency of addressing discriminatory policies and fostering a more inclusive society.

In conclusion, while HB2885 may not pass into law, its introduction highlights the ongoing battle for LGBTQ+ rights and the need for vigilance in safeguarding the rights and dignity of all individuals, regardless of gender identity.

Source

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Seems to me there are much more important issues to worry about instead of harassing a tiny minority of kids with emotional problems guess the big brave man needs to pick on disturbed kids ehh….sad what a pathetic excuse for a human being 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have no problem with that. Teachers are there to teach children facts, not to encourage them with mental issues such as thinking that they are actually the opposite gender from their genitalia.

If anyone is to get involved in that farce it is the parents, and certainly not teachers.

I'm not so old that I don't remember what it was like being a child, and I certainly had no such ideas of my own that I'd rather wear a dress and play with dolls. However, if a teacher I respected has tried to instill something along that line I may well have gone along with it. Kids are just too immature to be making life changing decisions as to their gender.

So let’s for a moment accept, or at least ignore, your suggestion that gender dysmorphia is a mental illness.

How does a teacher using a child’s preferred pronoun make that teacher a sex offender?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Good idea.

Teachers are there to teach English, Maths, Physics etc. not to push their trans ideology onto other people's children. 

Teachers should teach, and leave the parenting to the parents. Any teacher who assists transition without written approval of the parents should be jailed IMO. It's child abuse. 

‘Their gender ideology’ ?

4 hours ago, Social Media said:

One particularly alarming proposal comes from state representative Jamie Gragg, who has introduced a bill that would force teachers to register as sex offenders if they use a transgender child's preferred pronouns or assist them in their social transition.

Seems some teachers failed on conveying the idea of comprehension.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

‘Their gender ideology’ ?

I said trans ideology. You doing that strawman thing again?

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Seems some teachers failed on conveying the idea of comprehension.

And reading it seems.

image.png.ea13896881d23f9282a09ec8afaf4796.png

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, so teachers helping kids deal with their social issues is now a sex crime?

Where did I mention a sex crime?

You really need to read what I wrote instead of making things up. Especially if you are going to talk about lack of comprehension. 

• Confused 1

Where did I mention a sex crime?

You really need to read what I wrote instead of making things up. Especially if you are going to talk about lack of comprehension. 

You didn’t, it’s in the Jamie Gragg proposal, read the OP.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Reply to that then. 

I used a direct quote from  the OP, had your read the OP you would not have embarrassed yourself with your ‘Where did I mention sex crime’.

Oh, and this is a discussion forum for members.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I used a direct quote from  the OP, had your read the OP you would not have embarrassed yourself with your ‘Where did I mention sex crime’.

Oh, and this is a discussion forum for members.

No, you replied to my post, and implied that I said it was a sex crime. I did not. 

Your strawman attempts are getting increasingly tedious. You have reduced yourself to trolling. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1