Should I stay or should I go?

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Please go back to America.

You can enjoy all the racism and xenophobia there instead, along with bigotry. Just think, you can buy a gun for protection too, and top the world obesity tables.

never been to America.

bob.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

America is the least racist country on the planet. Have you seen the data on which countries are ok with having neighbors of another race? America tops the chart. Thailand is far more racist than America. Not even close.

ive seen that very same data!

well said mate, thailand is way more racist than the states.

bob.

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

America is the least racist country on the planet. Have you seen the data on which countries are ok with having neighbors of another race? America tops the chart. Thailand is far more racist than America. Not even close.

Oh, come on. I've been there multiple times, and seen the racial tension between blacks and whites. I could cut it with a knife.

Of course Thailand is racist, it does not affect me.

I suggest you read a book called "Black Like Me" by John Howard Griffin. It's the true story of a white man who put on black makeup., and what happened after he did.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, bob smith said:

never been to America.

bob.

You've never been to America, and you think Trump would be good for the world? How did you reach that informed point of view without any time there?

• Sad 2

Is it the real problem or your attitude toward it. Seems to me the reasons stated are your excuse to run away because that's the easy way out.

Problem is, wherever you go, there you'll be, probably right back to square one in another couple months or a year.

Problems are only problems if you allow them to be.Things only bother you if you choose to let them.

Do what makes you happy, but I don't think running is your answer.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

those are easy to resolve by avoiding certain people. The big problems with Thailand are unavoidable but wanting to live in a normal country is a hard to argue against. I'd say go and save your sanity.

Your last sentence contains a sweeping assumption.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

i am entitled to my opinion. 

sleepy joe is beyond useless. 

bob.

How has his claimed uselessness affected you personally?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Oh, come on. I've been there multiple times, and seen the racial tension between blacks and whites. I could cut it with a knife.

America is boiling over with tensions but that's not because people are racist. It's because they've mixed so many groups together and they're all fighting for power. This doesn't happen in daily life though it's all politics and being pushed on the population. 

Thailand on the other hand is explicitly for Thai people and they very well now who isn't them. It's a very different feeling here. I'm ok with it myself and I'd prefer Thailand keep Thai and avoid all the tensions plaguing any multi cultural country.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

America is boiling over with tensions but that's not because people are racist. It's because they've mixed so many groups together and they're all fighting for power. This doesn't happen in daily life though it's all politics and being pushed on the population. 

Thailand on the other hand is explicitly for Thai people and they very well now who isn't them. It's a very different feeling here. I'm ok with it myself and I'd prefer Thailand keep Thai and avoid all the tensions plaguing any multi cultural country.

One incident that stuck in my mind was at a shoe-shine stand in Chicago. I was getting my own shoes shined, and having a pleasant conversation with the black guy doing them. Huge fellow, he had played pro football until his knees tore up.

A few stands down, a white man climbed into one of the chairs, with the instruction " Put a good polish on them boots, boy". The boots he wore were so badly scuffed there was zero chance of a good shine.

The guy doing my shoes must have seen the incredulous expression on my face. He quietly said " This is what we have to deal with all our lives".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, Im sick of the driving regs in the UK you cant even fart in your own car there without it being an offence, stupid Welsh 20mph limit that most of them dont want, speed cameras everywhere and now installed in cars give me the Thai carnage any day, people are the same most places in the world, here its more a  dose of  how  people "really" are, not  saying thats  good mind but  just how  folk would be without  some laws its  still bad but preferable to being monitored 24/7. at least here  you can still throw the tickets in the rubbish and despite them saying you couldnt tax  your  car ive done it 3  times with tickets, an no speeding isnt  dangerous thats more govt BS to fleece you, its inappropriate speeding that is. The last ticket I got was doing 122kph because id  moved on an empty road at 3am from the 120kph lane to the 100 lane, didnt pay it chucked it. .Now if they had tailgating cameras only it would be way better or a  keep  fugging left camera only.

The UK is a  massive  rip off for  many things but even though its  slagged off  by many the NHS is  still very good when in Thailand you have basically nothing, christ you can have a new  heart lungs  kidneys chemo it  must cost  billions for the UK I think they do way too  much to save you.Sadly Big Brother  is  now creeping into every facet of  modern life you are being watched in EVERYTHING you do, tracked  followed everywhere who needs  your  fridge, toaster , kettle  connected to the internet and people buy into the rubbish of  apps and "convenience". Theyre  removing all your  freedom and you are  lapping it  up.

and relax.............

• Agree 2

The grass is (always)greener on the other side of the fence except when you get in the other side you find it isn't,it seems as though the West is on a path of self destruction and I suspect that it won't matter where you try to settle you won't be happy.

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Of course Thailand is racist, it does not affect me.

I suggest you read a book called "Black Like Me" by John Howard Griffin. It's the true story of a white man who put on black makeup., and what happened after he did.

Witnessing racial tension and saying the country is racist is different. Sort of like me having been to Perth, Darwin, Gladstone and Brisbane that I really know a thing about Australia.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Well, Im sick of the driving regs in the UK you cant even fart in your own car there without it being an offence, stupid Welsh 20mph limit that most of them dont want, speed cameras everywhere and now installed in cars give me the Thai carnage any day, people are the same most places in the world, here its more a  dose of  how  people "really" are, not  saying thats  good mind but  just how  folk would be without  some laws its  still bad but preferable to being monitored 24/7. at least here  you can still throw the tickets in the rubbish and despite them saying you couldnt tax  your  car ive done it 3  times with tickets, an no speeding isnt  dangerous thats more govt BS to fleece you, its inappropriate speeding that is. The last ticket I got was doing 122kph because id  moved on an empty road at 3am from the 120kph lane to the 100 lane, didnt pay it chucked it. .Now if they had tailgating cameras only it would be way better or a  keep  fugging left camera only.

The UK is a  massive  rip off for  many things but even though its  slagged off  by many the NHS is  still very good when in Thailand you have basically nothing, christ you can have a new  heart lungs  kidneys chemo it  must cost  billions for the UK I think they do way too  much to save you.Sadly Big Brother  is  now creeping into every facet of  modern life you are being watched in EVERYTHING you do, tracked  followed everywhere who needs  your  fridge, toaster , kettle  connected to the internet and people buy into the rubbish of  apps and "convenience". Theyre  removing all your  freedom and you are  lapping it  up.

and relax.............

Yep, the UK has even made it illegal to use correct punctuation, such as capital letters at the start of a new sentence, commas and full stops in the correct place and (the worst offence IMHO), new paragraphs to make a chunk of text readable!! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You've never been to America, and you think Trump would be good for the world? How did you reach that informed point of view without any time there?

Topic has nothing to do with Trump. TDS.

• Haha 1

How has his claimed uselessness affected you personally?

So stop whining about Trump then. It doesn't affect you.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bob smith said:

its looking like i will be on a flight very soon.

much to the joy of many AN members im sure..

bob.

Fly to Cambodia for 2 weeks then go to Vietnam.

• Confused 1

One incident that stuck in my mind was at a shoe-shine stand in Chicago. I was getting my own shoes shined, and having a pleasant conversation with the black guy doing them. Huge fellow, he had played pro football until his knees tore up.

A few stands down, a white man climbed into one of the chairs, with the instruction " Put a good polish on them boots, boy". The boots he wore were so badly scuffed there was zero chance of a good shine.

The guy doing my shoes must have seen the incredulous expression on my face. He quietly said " This is what we have to deal with all our lives".

How many decades ago was that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, bob smith said:

she is crying now as I type.

she really doesnt want me to leave.

bob.

Look at me!! Give me attention!!!  Bob, go, go quickly its the best thing for you. You have created the VDO game  you speak of living in. 

Just now, marin said:

Look at me!! Give me attention!!!  Bob, go, go quickly its the best thing for you. You have created the VDO game  you speak of living in. 

no, i havent.

bob.