Should I stay or should I go?

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

she said she doesn’t like men with small willy’s.

bob.

I'll be fine then, sounds like she can take a good pounding.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

i have an opportunity to leave thailand in the next few weeks.

mrs smith doesnt want me to go.

personally i have had it up to here with this place,

ive had enough of the racism, xenophobia and silly little games the locals love to play on us.

I have a lot to lose here.

property, business, family etc.

but im not sure how much more I can take living here.

I want to live in a normal country

not in a video game.

decisions decisions. 

bob.

Some people become pissed off about everything. Some adjust and go whit the flow. Take a look in the mirror Bob there is reason for everything! 

Just now, 2 is 1 said:

Some people become pissed off about everything. Some adjust and go whit the flow. Take a look in the mirror Bob there is reason for everything! 

the reason sure as hellfire aint in the mirror!

bob.

a country that is stable politically with democracy, rule of law, half decently educated populace and a welfare system that takes care of it’s citizens will do for me.

In fact, Switzerland sounds good! 🙂

bob.

I did business with a few Swiss ..... smart but dull as ditch water ..... a bit like those in the news here recently .....      Do you see your self as dull as ditch water Bob ? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

never been to America.

bob.

With Biden running the counyry currently the counyry is a total mess the people cant wait for casting there presidential ballots on nov 5, 2024 to kick out China Joe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chetzee said:

I did business with a few Swiss ..... smart but dull as ditch water ..... a bit like those in the news here recently .....      Do you see your self as dull as ditch water Bob ? 

Not really.

Swiss are number 1 in the world in more or less every domain.

Thais… well, take a look around and you will see for yourself!.

bob

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Not really.

Swiss are number 1 in the world in more or less every domain.

Thais… well, take a look around and you will see for yourself!.

bob

they aint No 1 at having a laugh Bob that's for sure ......

17 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Thailand is turning into a place that’s great for a few months, but it’s not so attractive anymore for long term stays. All of the beaucracy, the air pollution and the new tax rules headache just put me off. 

I’m happy to retain a property at home and spend the winter months and a chunk of the Summer in foreign countries, one of which is Thailand. I wouldn’t want to grow old in Thailand unless I was surrounded by trusted family members of my own blood. 

I used to dream of that prospect 20 years ago and even though I have condo with my wife in Jomtien and more than enough funds to live comfortably there for the rest of my life it would be my worst nightmare.

• Like 1

ive had enough of the racism, xenophobia and silly little games the locals love to play on us.

I want to live in a normal country

Get the hell out of Roi Et or whatever backwater is currently killing you. Move to a whitie-enclave.

Know your limitations. And then kick back and enjoy cheapskate paradise.

I was slanging here with a guy who said he couldn't imagine 200 baht pad thai. I can't imagine living in a part of Thailand where they DON'T have 200 baht pad thai (decent restaurants, lots of whitie pleasures etc.)

You may not even want 200 baht pad thai, but you def want to be near it. I'd take a closet in Pattaya than a mansion Issan. Know thyself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Prubangboy said:

Get the hell out of Roi Et or whatever backwater is currently killing you. Move to a whitie-enclave.

I was slanging here with a guy who said he couldn't imagine 200 baht pad thai. I can't imagine living in a part of Thailand where they DON'T have 200 baht pad thai (decent restaurants, lots of whitie pleasures etc.)

You may not even want 200 baht pad thai, but you def want to be near it. I'd take a closet in Pattaya than a mansion Issan. Know thyself.

i paid 60 baht for my pad thai today.

anyone who pays 200 for a plate of fried noodles is a clinical moron.

bob.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

bob.

Already covered this with a smarter person. And why it's worth it.

Just like I drink less these days but only top shelf booze, I'd rather have one cheffy, good-sized pad thai with 4 in the shell large prawns than 3 tiny plates of oversweet gunk with little mud bugs.

200 baht pad thai is like, you know, a metaphor. Six bucks for dinner is worth it to me. You? No double-way, am I right?

You can't blame a tourist place for having some tourist hassles. I mean, duh. Idiots cry that Nimman, Chiang Mai, where I live is not "real" Thailand. Double-duh.

As George Costanza said (your doppelgänger), what ever you think you should do, you should do the opposite.

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bob smith said:

But you are so rich Bob, according to your own admitting. There are a few places in BKK where noodles are over 200 baht, and you have to book in advance for a seat

Just an observation, not a judgement, but doesn't the old mantra " for better or worse, till death does us part" come into it as far as your wife is concerned?

Sort of rather the point of being married - no?

Perhaps, just perhaps, you are "trailing your coat" and we will read the same thing or similar in a few months time!

Edited by herfiehandbag

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

But you are so rich Bob, according to your own admitting. There are a few places in BKK where noodles are over 200 baht, and you have to book in advance for a seat

let me tell you why I am rich :

i dont pay 200 baht for a plate of bleedin noodles!!!

bob.

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

Just an observation, not a judgement, but doesn't the old mantra " for better or worse, till death does us part" come into it as far as your wife is concerned?

Sort of rather the point of being married - no?

can you tell that to my thai counterparts who cheat on their wives every weekend?

bob.

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:
4 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Expand  

i paid 60 baht for my pad thai today.

bob.

Thats part of your deeper unresolved issues bob.... You are unable to see the bigger picture and seem to react negatively to everything and shoe horn in generalisations. 

The issue explained by Prubangboy isn't about the cost of noodles....   it about being away from the madness or close to an area civilised to western standards for you to find some form of normalisation within the day to allow for a 'reset'.....    

This example at hand...  I don't know how much the Pad Thai is in Greyhound cafe....  its a fairly average cafe, but its run well and service is usually very good...  I'm guessing the Pad Thai is about 200 baht. 

You're not paying for 'noodles' alone...  you're paying for comfortable seating, Air-con, pleasant quiet surroundings, proper cultlery and crockery.... 

But... you could go for 60 baht noodles, in a hot and sweaty open air street-side mum and pop-shop..... but the complain that the serving is small, that its too noisy, that its uncomfortable....   

i.e. know yourself and what you like and know that sometimes...  taking the 200 baht noodles helps with the 'reset' when dealing with the local hustle and bustle.....   (the 200 baht noodles are a metaphor). 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Nemises said:

webfact: 

“Large crowds gather at  Suvarnabhumi Airport to farewell two Swiss guys and Bob”

COMEDY GOLD!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats part of your deeper unresolved issues bob.... You are unable to see the bigger picture and seem to react negatively to everything and shoe horn in generalisations. 

The issue explained by Prubangboy isn't about the cost of noodles....   it about being away from the madness or close to an area civilised to western standards for you to find some form of normalisation within the day to allow for a 'reset'.....    

This example at hand...  I don't know how much the Pad Thai is in Greyhound cafe....  its a fairly average cafe, but its run well and service is usually very good...  I'm guessing the Pad Thai is about 200 baht. 

You're not paying for 'noodles' alone...  you're paying for comfortable seating, Air-con, pleasant quiet surroundings, proper cultlery and crockery.... 

But... you could go for 60 baht noodles, in a hot and sweaty open air street-side mum and pop-shop..... but the complain that the serving is small, that its too noisy, that its uncomfortable....   

i.e. know yourself and what you like and know that sometimes...  taking the 200 baht noodles helps with the 'reset' when dealing with the local hustle and bustle.....   (the 200 baht noodles are a metaphor). 

my 60 baht pad thai today was amazing, served by a wonderful waitress.

I tipped her 30 baht.

I will definitely be going back again.

bob.