Govt questions ranking of Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang in ‘Worst Airport’ list by UK publisher

webfact

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Suvarnabhumi isn't that bad, but it was over-capacity when it opened and it is getting worse and worse.

They need to sort:

Immigration queues in and out (I use the priority lane as BOI company but it is the biggest concern imo).

Slow baggage delivery to the belts.

Poor maintenance of toilets and other facilities (including some lounges).

Buses to and from gates.

Traffic bottleneck outside the main terminal building.

Contrast that with KLIA and SIN who have just implemented auto-gates for foreigners now and Thailand is lagging behind in user experience. 

Buses to and from gates are depends on the airline you fly with and not because of the airport.

The airlines have to pay extra if they don't use busses but the trunk.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Peterphuket said:

Buses to and from gates are depends on the airline you fly with and not because of the airport.

The airlines have to pay extra if they don't use busses but the trunk.

Many years ago I used to fly on the 23:59 flight to Brisbane from Swampy. It was on a Thai B777, and we were bussed out to the plane, which I thought was a bit odd. More understandable if you're on a low-cost airline.

• Like 2

Immigration queues in and out (I use the priority lane as BOI company but it is the biggest concern imo).

Slow baggage delivery to the belts.

Poor maintenance of toilets and other facilities (including some lounges).

Buses to and from gates.

Traffic bottleneck outside the main terminal building.

Add to that ancient cumbersome security machinery and processing procedures. Most airports don't ask you to remove shoes and belts anymore, and many don't want computers taken out. Instead of fiddling about buying useless submarines maybe the money would be better spent on security at the airport.

KLIA

I still think Swampy is a quantum leap ahead of grubby old KLIA. Rude staff, broken everything and shabby facilities. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure "Business Financing, a British travel and tourism media publisher" is a very relevant and reliable source for how to get the biggest and best dandelions too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

Add to that ancient cumbersome security machinery and processing procedures. Most airports don't ask you to remove shoes and belts anymore, and many don't want computers taken out. Instead of fiddling about buying useless submarines maybe the money would be better spent on security at the airport.

I still think Swampy is a quantum leap ahead of grubby old KLIA. Rude staff, broken everything and shabby facilities. 

Many of the UK airports including where I fly from/to Manchester, don't even require you to take liquids out of your hand baggage anymore.

Just leave everything in your bags.

• Like 1